Spoonys quest for a good physique - Trained by Con

Mr Spoons

Top Contributor
Hi all,

Thought id create a journal to help with motivation and so i can get some constructive criticism on my physique and some honest feedback on how im progressing.

BACKGROUND

Im 31 years old and have been training on and off for 10 years, with little progress. Looking back mainly due to awful diet / average training / little cardio.
I was a member on UKM and like most of us became aware of the legend that is Con.
Still wasnt really progressing although my knowledge was improving so decided to give myself one last blitz at trying to get in shape so got in contact with Con and he agreed to coach me online.
Con set out my diet and training and i have pretty much followed it to the rule.

GOALS

As you will see from my starting pic i was fat. So me and con set about strict dieting with lots of cardio and weights.
I started at 13 stone 7 pounds at 5 foot 11" tall.
11 weeks in and im down to 11 stone 9 pounds a drop of nearly 2 stone.
My ultimate goal is to get as big as i can whilst being in great shape.

THE PLAN

Phase 1 is basically to strip down all the bodyfat off me so i have visible abs etc.
Phase 2 will be to then bulk cleanly adding size but staying in good condition.

Im natty and cant see that changing so not expecting miracles but would just like to be able to take my shirt off and think yeah i look good, as opposed to sucking in the belly and hope girls dont get jealous of my boobs lol.

MY COACH

I dont really need to big con up as you all know he knows his stuff.
However if your like me and fed up with how you look and are prepared to put in 100% effort to changing that i really recommend training with the big man. Like i said he preps my diet and training for me and all i have to do is follow it. So far im delighted with how im progressing.
Anyway enough of the a*se kissing.

UPDATES

I weigh myself every saturday morning so will add this to my journal and will post up pics every 4 weeks to show how i am or am not progressing.
This is my first ever journal so dont be too brutal !!!!

Pics to follow shortly.............

Spoony

good luck mate, everyone that works with Con seems to make amazing changes to their physique so i'm sure you will too!

week 0 / week 11
week0.jpgweek11.jpg

Reading with interest mate. Keep it up. Much improved.

Mr Spoons is a very strong minded person and has achieved superb results while not having to live like a monk.(as in he still has a social life something many of us lose when making big changes)
I couldn't be more impressed!

End of week 12

Todays weigh in 11 stone 7.

A drop of 2 pounds from last week.
Not amazing but still progress so happy with that as didnt think id drop any weight this week.:thumb:
Pleased to reach the 2 stone drop milestone as started this 12 weeks ago weighing 13 stone 7 pounds. So thats 2 stone dropped in 3 months.

Cardio was only 3 sessions, 1 morning run and 2 swims. Will look to increase this next week.

Diet was tight this week especially as i had dinner out 3 times with the mrs.

Today is a friends wedding so alcohol will be thrust upon me so today will be my only carb day this weekend as opposed to sat and sun. So sunday will be back on the diet.

Looks like 12 weeks well spent!
Well done.

When I decide to not be a fet get I might have to give con a ring.

Great progress mate and you've got the determination to get where you wanna be:thumb:

Great progress mate and you've got the determination to get where you wanna be:thumb:

Yeah thanks mate, its nice to actually see progress. First time ive properly dieted and its so hard especially when you love food as much as i do (especially the bad stuff !!)
But i just thought every time i cheat etc the longer i have to diet so makes sense to be strict. Not easy when ur mrs is eating a pizza lol !!!!

ha,ha,yeah,its not easy when your missus is doing that but block it all out or get yourself upstairs and stand in front of the mirror with your top off for 5:)

Keep at it mate as it gets easier watching people eat in front of you,especially when you've got that body you've always dreamed of:beer:

Its really good progress very inspiring, what are you aiming to diet down to before you start shifting the heavy weights and puitting on the muscle?

Its really good progress very inspiring, what are you aiming to diet down to before you start shifting the heavy weights and puitting on the muscle?

Until Con tells me to stop dieting really. But generally once i have full abs and am really lean, then i will start to bulk with the aim of keeping the condition.

Back