Straughanys aim for a Christmas Flat Pack

Straughany

Consectatio Excellentiae
Top Contributor
Alreet lads, some of you might know of my journal on "another forum" so i thought i would start one on here aswell.

A bit about me for those who dont know, I am a near beginner with weight training, I done bits and bobs but always made excuses not to go, hence the reason i still have all my weight to lose.

In January this year i decided to stop making the excuses and to actually stick to my training with an aim to getting rid of that fat gut and bitch tits and getting a flat toned physique by my 30th Birthday in September.

So this is my journal and i will update pics every month, please feel free to help and/or criticise, i'm a big lad so i can take it, Cheers.

February Pics.

S73F0864.jpg S73F0865.jpg S73F0866.jpg S73F0868.jpg S73F0867.jpg

I will start the filling in of the Journal from Monday as i dont train on a Saturday or Sunday.

Starting weight is 219lbs

Reet, ive decided to go low carb from Monday, i'm still really aprehensive about it as i have done low carb diets before and i hated them, i love my toast and jacket tatys to much but ganna try this for about 6 weeks then go from there and see if i can do more, i might actually only last a day, lol, but we'll see.

Start of Keto:

07 Jan 2011 220lb 2777 cals
14 Jan 2011 215lb (5lb loss)
20 Jan 2011 213.2 (1.8lb loss)
27 Jan 2011 213 (0.2lb loss) :-(

Reet, started my Keto today, bit excited about it.
Breakfast 3 eggs, lurpack butter mixed in bit of cheese and a cup of black coffee. (no carbs)
After workout i had a protein shake with evoo and a teaspoon of almond powder. (1.8g carb in powder, none in evoo and about 0.5 in the powder)
just had dinner, 1 tin of tuna mixed with mayo. (next to no carbs)

Chest and Tris

Decided to stop the stronglifts programme, it was good for strength but i didnt find it helpful for me dropping fat.

So today i done chest and tris:

Bench Press:
12 reps at 40kg
10 reps at 45kg
8 reps at 50kg
5 reps at 55kg tried for 6 but failed
5 reps at 45kg was aiming for 12 but failed :lol:

Dumbell Flys:
12 reps at 7.5kg
10 reps at 10kg
4 reps at 12kg, aimed for 6 but failed.

Standing one arm Tricep extension
12 reps at 5kg
7 reps at 7.5kg tried for 10 but failed on 8
10 reps at 5kg
9 reps at 5kg weird thing here was that i failed on my right arm but managed 10 on my left however my left arm is my weakest.

Tricep Dips:
2 set of 10
1 set of 7 but failed.

Didnt have time for cardio due to having to get back to go to work.

Started Keto today, had 3 eggs scrambelled with lurpack butter, some cheese and a black coffee for breakfast.

Just wondering though, is it still the same training phyilosopy wilst on keto, i.e fasted cardo and eat before weights?

After workout i had a protein shake with evoo and a teaspoon of almond powder. (1.8g carb in powder, none in evoo and about 0.5 in the powder)
just had dinner, 1 tin of tuna mixed with mayo. (next to no carbs)

2 and a half hours later and had a nice 200g chicken breast cut up into pieces and mixed with cheese and mayo, lush.

In 2 hours time i will have a tin of sardines

then when i get in the house at 10 I will have some salmon.
To much fish do ya rekon?

Todays food

Cardio day today so i took the dog out on a walk for 45 minutes.

The ketos going well, quite enjoying it really but finding it hard to get the balance right atm, need to try and eat more fat.

I'm allowed 2777 calories, 788cal from protein (197g) and 1989cals from fat (221g)

well so far today and with tea when i get in from work i will have had about 1617 caloreis, 1017 cals from Fat and 600 from protein.

Will it effect the keto if i dont get all my calories in?

not really mate, the idea is you need to eat fat to burn fat! There was plenty of days when i fell short! 200g of fat is quite alot to ask for!

not really mate, the idea is you need to eat fat to burn fat! There was plenty of days when i fell short! 200g of fat is quite alot to ask for!

Cheers mate, what about the fact that i am 1000 cals off for the day?

Also mate, keto sticks came today, is it 3 days normally to be in ketosis?

Going to the gym tonight for a weights session, went for an eventful 40 minute walk with the dog this morning (fasted).

Start training with my mate tonight as he has just joined the gym, looking forward to it like, it will help to get that last rep out.
Problem i might have is cos its his first day i think he might want to do chest which i done on monday but if need be i'll do it again today aswell as other body parts.

Just been the gym for my weights session, trained with my mate and it was good cos like i said before i managed to push out that final rep.

Done chest again though even though i done it Monday but my mate wanted to do.

Chest
Bench Press:
12 reps with just the bar to warm up (20kg)
10 reps @ 30kg
10 reps @ 40kg
8 reps @ 50kg
6 reps and fail at 55kg

Pec Deck
Forgot to tae note of the weight i was doing dut done 3 sets of 10 and failed on 7 on a set.

Felt my chest burning after the 1st couple of bench press sets due to only having done it on Monday.

Then moved to Shoulders and done shoulder press:
10 reps at bar weight 20kg
10 reps at 25kg
10 reps at 30kg
9 reps at 35kg failed
2 reps at 35kg failed.

Biceps Preecher curles.

1 set of 10 at bar plus 5kg
1 set of 10 at bar plus 10kg
1 set of 10 at bar plus 15kg
1 set of 10 at bar and 20kg spotted by my mate on the last 2
1 set of 2 last assisted by my mate @ bar plus 25kg, NPB.

As you can see there was no real routine today but it was a hard one, definatly felt a bit less energy due to the keto but done a PB on Preechers so i was pleased

1000kcal is alot under, what is your maintenance ? Keto stix are very inaccurate (to an extent) the best way to be sure that you're in ketosis is a BG monitor, i personally haven't done this though! Ausbuilt over on UKM is very knowledgeable when it comes to the science of keto guy is a trooper.

With keto, you'll feel better in 2 or so! the first week i felt like death, and the 2nd wasnt even harder, that first carb up is a godsend!

Good to see u are playing with the keto. I find it hard but effective. Don't fancy messing with it again though lol.

Back