Sugar Free Drinks

HugoTeamFA

Competitor
What are people's thoughts on sugar free/diet energy drinks on prep? Do they spike insulin?

I have see people like Palumbo let his clients drink litres of it daily and then others ban it altogether.

90% of competing bbers I've seen on these forums live off the stuff. along with pepsi max, diet coke etc etc

I hammered them on my first prep! But was banned from on my second prep! I was much better condition in my second comp although I doubt very much it was purely down to cutting them out that made the difference!

Nah the insulin spike wont really matter IMO.
Overall diet drinks aren't the healthiest so I would save them as treats.
A couple cans per day no problem but 5 liters of the stuff....probably a bad idea.

Examine.com seem to point to no insulin spike and suggest they would more likely help a diet due to increased satiety.

Fizzy sweet practically zero calorie drinks have been a bloody godsend for me!

Can of diet cherry coke right now or a bottle of red wine.... Both of which are screaming at me lol.

Can of diet cherry coke right now or a bottle of red wine.... Both of which are screaming at me lol.
I was craving wine last week. Gf competed and her cosch gave her wine the night before and she had some after the show.. bought her a ridiculously nice barolo, yes I like my wines haha...it did well for her tho, first show too (she's far right in green)
1458328853281.jpg

Back