Tahir's Journal; Targetting 85kg-90kg

tahirtheram86

Hello All,

I am now 6 weeks out from the Kent Classic 2011 in Gravesend and I will be posting my prep in this thread to get feedback from everyone.

I feel when I analyse pics that I am on target apart from my lower abs, lower back, hams and glutes. I could be wrong though, so I would love advice and feedback from anyone who wants to contribute.

Latest pics (Friday 22nd July, 2011):
22-07-11.jpg

Hold down CTRL and scroll up on the mouse to zoom in on the pic.

Cheers,

Tahir.

Your condition is off for 6 weeks out and your posing needs tons of work.
Plenty of muscle will look good once in shape.

Thank you for putting up the log:)

Exactly what con said, why not give yourself a few more weeks and do a later show? I'd say 10 maybe 12 weeks in order not to have to diet so hard you sacrifice muscle.

What class are you going for? Is this your first show ?

I have been dieting since April 18th but I think retrospectively that I have abused the concept of refeed days and gone a bit crazy with them over the course of the diet. I also worked 2 jobs in June, had no days off, found myself really drained and lashed out by cheating. I am not proud of it but I know I can't change the past. I am actually competing in the NPA Midlands in 3 weeks as a 'practice' show. If my condition is bad for 6 weeks out i'll probably end up a laughing stock. But I want to experience a show. Thansk for all the advice. I actually thought my posing was OK, but I guess not. Any posing tips on how to refine my presentation? Thanks again.

Extra note: Just noticed I am actually 5 weeks out from Kent Classic

thanks mate. both of these shows are my first shows ever. would you predict right now that i am top 10? or is that difficult to say without seeing other competitors?

thanks mate. both of these shows are my first shows ever. would you predict right now that i am top 10? or is that difficult to say without seeing other competitors?

you honestly cant say , you dont even know how many will be in your class. If I were you I would skip the refeed day and diet all the way through, if metabalism slows have a clean refeed , for example if you on 150g of carbs a day up it to 250g clean for a day to kickstart metabolism.

the reason i implement refeed days is because i am on 50g of carbs a day currently, i have tapered it down gradually since the beginning of the diet..so you suggest eating 150g of carbs a day and thus never have a need for a refeed?..i really stagger my carbs, i had 60g friday, carbed up saturday, zero carbed sunday and monday back to 50g, maintaining this until next high carb day which is thursday leg day..your thoughts??..

If you want HONESTY mate i will give it to you.
Absalute GREAT Muscle mass for a natural athlete, superb work!
However you're 12-16 weeks dieting away from being in good condition.
I advice against competing in the next 3-5 weeks.
The stage lights are not nice and will show any bit of fat big time...

i completely agree with you..condition wise i am off now and i will be off on the day..however, i want to cross 'compete in a bodybuilding show' off of my to-do list..am i being too confident expecting to achieve top ten with my current position of progress (or lack thereof)??..

i completely agree with you..condition wise i am off now and i will be off on the day..however, i want to cross 'compete in a bodybuilding show' off of my to-do list..am i being too confident expecting to achieve top ten with my current position of progress (or lack thereof)??..
Depends on how many compete.
You will come near last place due to condition.
Bodybuilding is all about having a body devoid of body fat, if this is not case you will not do well.

depending on were you are from it may be better doing Leeds on 2nd Oct or Stars which is about a month after that. Do you not want to compete at your best you have come this far you dont want to spoil it by not presenting you best on stage??

i am going to las vegas in september to attend the mr olympia weekend (15th sep-20th sep)..i don't want to be contest dieting over there..however, if i stay on the diet until the trip, enjoy my holiday, come back onto the diet, i suppose i can come in good enough shape for a respectable showing at the 2 shows above??..

Back