The Protein Works. Pre-works

Redwing

Muscle Supermarket Rep & Money Saving Expert!
I was sent this to review with no instructions. As always ill give my honest opinion.

Here's the Claim.

Designed to be - gram for gram - the most nutrient dense pre-workout on the market today, just one almighty, single serving, comes loaded with a blend of 27,000mg research backed, active ingredients. This includes Creatine, Guarana, iBCAA, Beta Alanine and D Aspartic Acid, to name but a few.

Ill list the ingredients list at the end its very extensive.

As always its packaged in the TPW branded tub. You get 500g for £26.99 although there is 20% off at the mo.

First impressions
Not great if im honest I opened the tub and some of the ingredients hadn't been mixed properly,about 5 small 3g sized lumps I took some pics and emailed Phil3030 who passed on my concerns. Anyway I crushed them with my fingers closed the tub and gave it a good shake and all looked fine.

I took this as per instructions for a seasoned Pre workout drinker 10 scoops (33g) 30 mins before my workout.

Taste
Not good I have the berry its ok ,you wouldnt drink it as a normal drink but I have to defend TPW on this one this has to mask a lot of ingredients. Which ill put at the end.

Mixability
Not great (its looking bad isnt it) but left after a shake but again its all the ingredients.

Performance
Now this to me is what matters.
Focus was up after 30 mins the beta alanine kicked in im tingling like crazy flush faced and ready to go. Good alert feeling ready for to workout.

Pump.
Im gonna say this now. "This is probably the best pump product ive ever used". I felt ready to go,I did a few warm up sets and my arms felt pumped like crazy. Ive used this 3 times now the first time a nice pump the next 2 days I feel like whatever muscle group im using is gonna burst . Its a great feeling.

Conclusion.
Ive had fantastic workouts on this.

TPW have made a pre workout that works where it matters. So the name is very apt.

Its got ingredients that matter like BCAAs, 3 types of Caffiene and Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin.2 types of Creatine

and the Pump ingredients like Agmatine,Ornithine,Arginine Alpha-ketoglutarate are all contributing to blood flow and pump.

Highly Recommended. 9.5 out of 10

http://www.theproteinworks.com/pre-workstm-2312.html

Berry Blitz
IBCAA (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin5gBeta Alanine3gCitrulline Malate3gD Aspartic3gCarbohydrate Blend (Palatinose, Cluster Dextrin® (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin), D-Ribose) natural Flavouring Creatine Pyruvate2.5gCreatine Monohydrate2.5gArginine Alpha-ketoglutarate2gTri-Methyl Glycine1gL-Tyrosine1gTaurine1Ornithine Hydrochloride1g;L-Theanine0.75g;Agmatine Sulphate0.5gVitamin Blend (Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Acetate, Nicotinamide, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium D Pantothenate, Maltodextrin, D-Biotin, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin), Guarana0.35gCaffeine Anhydrous0.31g;Colour (Beetroot Red) Siberian Ginseng0.25gYerba Mate0.15g;Pepform Leucine (Leucine, Whey Peptides) (Milk) Sweetener (Sucralose®)
Read more at http://www.theproteinwork...ml#lwfWqdfp2be8QBGf

Found exactly the same as you mate , gonna have to order more as I only got a small packet to try.
good to hear you thought the same mate as these things affect people different.

High praise indeed mate.

Does it come in any other flavours?
I think there is going to be orange mate I'm only guessing but I think I saw something in the ingredients mentioning orange

I ordered some of this based on Redwings review.
I'm no big fan of preworkouts and have always thought they are a bit of a waste of money.
This stuff however, I'm impressed. Big time.
No stim effect for me but drive and strength is up on each of the 3 workouts I've taken it with.
Pump on chest was great, back also legs today no major pump noticed but drive and strength good.
Going to try on all workouts but may just limit it to those in feel best benefits from, ie chest n bi's etc...

Best bit is its on offer at mo, 40% off so I imagine it's going to be about 15 quid for 500g even tight git like me gonner order some more.

Im no great user of preworkout and have little to compare to but if you trust redwing as I do then it's worth a purchase imo.

Really pleased mate. I do always worry with these things as they all afect us differently but ill only give an honest review as I got burned so many times when I started all this.

They seem to have used the best legal ingredients around (shame we cant have DMAA anymore)

Ive just bought 2 tubs in that 40% off offer as well.

Any idea why I don't get the stim effect?
Could I add caffeine tabs or is that over doing it....

I dont get to much stim from it either for me its all about the pump with this,

You could add 200mg tab if you wanted but I think your right mate it would be over doing it . The problem for me is I build up a tolerance really quick to stims I dont know if your the same. When I first took this I hadn't had a pre workout for a week and I really noticed the difference.

1 way is to take on a empty stomach (a few hours after eating) I find that does the trick and with the BCAAs in this training will still be fine. There are higher stim products about ive tried 800mg and a 1000mg of caffiene pre workouts but the effect is really short lived.

A bit of DMAA in this wouldve been great

Beta Alanine needs to be taken for some time (6-9g per day), to have an physical effect, which it does, but not when taken pre wo, it is a 'trick' to make people think that something is happening, similar with Citruline Malate, (about 6g per day I think), although there is no physical side effect, both decent supps, but not when used in this pre wo manner.

Back