Theproducer - Reversing The Rebound

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheProducer

Top Contributor
Ok so its getting close to that time again, competition time. A lot has changed since my last blog post in my old thread. Will keep this updated as this will be the blog to show day. But as always ill begin with some stats.

Current: 11/03/2014
A: 23
H: 6ft 2
W: 105kg
BF: 16-17%

My goal this year is to get into the Finals of the Mens Physique Tall class and im definitely a lot better prepared. Im proably about 10kg heavier than I was last year before I started dieting and will hopefully be 10kg heavier come game day. Id like to come in at a solid 92kg shredded (or atleast as shredded as MP needs). Ive found a prep coach Jordan Peters (JP) so will be working with him from the day i get back off holiday til show day. Already have diet/supps and training sorted and on paper so all it will be is proper execution. Going for vegas for a week so planning on making my millions are the slots as well as eating like a king. Going to try to get to a golds whilst im there just because its golds and its in vegas.

As far as my current training ive been giving 5/3/1 a shot and definitely enjoying, nice to walk into the gym and know what you need to lift instead of going by "feel".

Pic attached in progress from day 1 to one to the final day or so of my first cycle. Main progress is in my back hair development....*sigh*
first back pic.png

Current training split
m- Legs
t- Chest
w- Guns
t- Conditioning
f- Back

I also try and fit in as many mobility sessions as possible to try and improve the movement through my hips and shoulder joints. So this includes band work, foam roller and lacrosse ball (horrible little bastard).

Todays work out Chest
3x3
85kg x 3
95kg x 3
105kg x 8 (+5)

Incline dumbbell
30kg 3x10

Elbow griefs me from time to time when doing push movements so keep it pretty chilled. Did 30 mins mobility afterwards.

On a side note (something im quite proud of) is one of my female clients squats 82.5kg for a set 5, pretty impressed. Even got the nod of approval from @huntingground feelsgoodman

TheProducer

Well done mate, JP will get you sorted I reckon. I'll continue to take the pish in the gym :D

Good luck.

Will follow!

Do you always use a low volume approach? Ie 4 work sets for chest?

Heard lots of good things about JP, sure you'll do great

Posted using TMuscle App

Will follow!

Do you always use a low volume approach? Ie 4 work sets for chest?

Heard lots of good things about JP, sure you'll do great

Posted using TMuscle App

Only the last couple months as elbow gives me abit of grief after awhile so dont wanna push it. Plus been doing 5/3/1 which is only 3 working sets with 1 big set at the end. Prefer higher volume on chest but elbow wont allow.

Yeah seen good things from jp so hoping for the best and gunning for the win

Posted using TMuscle App

What comp are you doing mate? Good shout with Jord very knowledgable guy.

Posted using TMuscle App

Good work. Jordan is a great coach. When u mention clients do u work as a pt??

@SK-XO will be the bedford one as its only an hour from where I am in london so works perfect.

@Hilly yeah I work in a gym as senior fitness and pt alongside it. Its good fun the pt aspect of things especially seeing clients resulta.

@huntingground would you believe she couldn't manage 3 minutes on the stair master, now squats over 80, bulgarian split squats 18kg dumbbells. Mad.

@stephy thanks :-)

Posted using TMuscle App

@SK-XO will be the bedford one as its only an hour from where I am in london so works perfect.

@Hilly yeah I work in a gym as senior fitness and pt alongside it. Its good fun the pt aspect of things especially seeing clients resulta.

@huntingground would you believe she couldn't manage 3 minutes on the stair master, now squats over 80, bulgarian split squats 18kg dumbbells. Mad.

@stephy thanks :-)

Posted using TMuscle App

Ideal man well good luck sure you'll do well.

Posted using TMuscle App

I think you'll do very well dude.. U have a good physique. Will follow with interest!

Fun day today workout wise. Had gaps between PT's before shift so did half hour mobility. Usual stuff, loosening up my hips, ankles and piriformis (probably the most painful thing ever when its tight).

Then just finished arms and abs
Rope extensions to warm up
3x12-15

Hammer curls
3x 8-10 @ 22.5kg

Lying dumbbell tri extensions
3x10 @14kg

Tri pushdown
4x 10 @9-11 pin

EZ bar curl
3x 8-10 @ 15kg each side
Final set super set into Preacher curl
Did this as a finisher so just burnt out my biceps with higher reps.

Was other random bro curls in there as well but cant remember.

Did 3x 10-15 cable crunches superset into hanging leg raises as many as possible, usually failing well before 10 haha (blame it on big heavy legs ;))

All in all a long day but a solid day.

5/3/1 deadlifts today 3x3
110kg
125kg
145kg hit the 3 but my grip hsd nothing left and had no chalk so left it at that. Happy that the 3 reps felt pretty decent.

1 Arm DB Rows
3x8 @ 50kg

Lat pull down
4x8

Seated row
3x8

Simple workout, spent but too much time on the deads so volume not massively high. But had a solid pump going so the post workout pose down was looking thick solid and tight

Posted using TMuscle App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back