Theproducer - Road To Muscle Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just caught up on the last 10 pages of this. You made some awesome progress with hilly and your still holding great condition.
You hitting everything twice a week? I understand if your getting your workout from hilly and don't want to say.
Looking good

So I don't normally do this but trained legs after a back session. Not my favoured way to train, however would rather have a longer stretch and mobility session pre workout than have to do it in my naff gym. I like taking my time and throwing out a few grunts. Was a higher rep leg session pushing to the 15 rep mark and then drop sets for the final set/partials on hamms. Went well, enjoyed it and smashed in a lasagne post workout. Gone a tad over protein macros today for sure and ironically probably hit carbs back on haha oops! Will throw some more carbs in later.

Workout
Abs
4x ab crunch machine
4x hanging leg raise

Leg press
350kg x 15/15/12 drop 250kg to failure

Hack Squat
For some reason this aggro'd my knees a tad so bypassed it

Rev Lunges
50kg x 12
60kg x 12/12

Leg Extens
1 set to pure failure on pin 4 and then drop down

Laying Ham Curls
3x15

Seated Ham Curls
4x15 final set partials

Calves
4x standing
4x seated

Quality pump by the end for sure. I do quite like Pull/Push/Leg routines thats for sure. Lower volume, balls to the walls final sets and higher frequency.
Hope @Hilly kicks the spuds off you for deviating.
You little deviator.

:D

Why has this changed from plan

As mentioned via emails and through this thread the pump work horrifically tightened my legs up especially through the adductors to the point of consistently walking like a duck, also was causing the lower back pain. Even with rolling/stretching/bandwork either every day or EOD I couldn't out loosen the tightness. Which was annoying as i love that pump work haha. You did mention just do what I can for now and this so far seems to be working in regards to not griefing me.

Happy to try it again though.

@Mr mac pretty much hit everything twice a week through both heavy work and pump sets. IMO condition should be better as I let myself slip whilst seeing a bird. Said bird has now gone so slip ups will be planned ones on leg days because dam i love lasagne!

As mentioned via emails and through this thread the pump work horrifically tightened my legs up especially through the adductors to the point of consistently walking like a duck, also was causing the lower back pain. Even with rolling/stretching/bandwork either every day or EOD I couldn't out loosen the tightness. Which was annoying as i love that pump work haha. You did mention just do what I can for now and this so far seems to be working in regards to not griefing me.

Happy to try it again though.

@Mr mac pretty much hit everything twice a week through both heavy work and pump sets. IMO condition should be better as I let myself slip whilst seeing a bird. Said bird has now gone so slip ups will be planned ones on leg days because dam i love lasagne!
Yes do what u can in terms of muscle work not split alterations.

Purely as back n legs on the same day is far to draining on the body IMO.

Well probs switch to a body part split from this wkend to give your big ass some rest.

Should help re pumps etc a bit.

So picking up the heavy/pump routine again from tomorrow starting with heavy back chest pump. Did the heavy chest part yday but wanted to give the back a rest before throwing myself back into the routine fully for the 5 weeks before china. Ready to book the tickets today but having to wait for my friend to wake up and show me exactly where he lives as ill need to book a hotel near him....although i feel I will be spending most of my time round his along with sight seeing. Absolutely buzzing for it. Shit timing ill admit in regards to preparation, however once in a life time opportunity I am not willing to miss out on. Aim will be to get to the gym 3-4x weeks for quick simple sessions. Id imagine if I can maintain whilst there I will be happy lol. Getting jacked off traditional egg fried rice.....mybodyiscertainlyready! Soon as I am back in march then its go time until november 14th for the wbff london pro/am show.

@Hilly let us create one seriously aesthetic monster please :thumb:

Yesterdays Workout
Flat Bench
255lbs x 8
265lbs x 6/6 drop 135lbs 15/5

Incline dumbbells
40kg 10/10/10 single drop to failure

Seated chest press
90lbs a side 10/10/10 drop to failure

Cable Flies MR
6x4

Random tricep exercises following the same principles of rest pause or drop sets.

Today was just a cardio and mobility day so spent plenty of time on the rumble roller and hooked up to a mobility band. Tomorrow will be heavy back and chest pump. Looking forward to it to say the least. Will be attempting the Rack Pull MR as well. 5 weeks to put some more size on then lose it all on holiday with the shits and Chinese food poisoning......at least I will be able to get a lot of herbal medicines haha!

So this mornings weigh in kind of went as I was expecting. Had been feeling smaller all week and jumping on the scales I was correct. Finished last week at 224lbs and weighed in this morning at 119lbs. So back under 100kg again....bugger! But was under no illusion that I would be losing water weight pretty quick once the Oxys had stopped being taken. Either way if I can keep 8-11lbs from the last 12 weeks I will be very happy. Diet and training will stay the same up until holidays then I will probably just try and get to the gym 3 times a week and anything more will be a bonus. My mate is already planning bit nights out so cannot wait to party up chinese style haha! Tickets have officially been booked and I am so dam excited for it! Will hopefully give me the mental reset I need after having such an up and down 12 months (all of which was totally my fault). Then when I am back will reassess condition etc and then focus on the WBFF Muscle Model show. May test run a classic comp whilst I have the Ukbff membership but I am hoping to be in the high 90kg's for the MM show and id need to be sub 96kg for classic but we shall see either way.

Todays back workout was generally just wicked! Found that the last couple of back workouts I have done have just flowed and despite cruising the strength has still been there with the pulling exercises. Push on the other hand are always all over the bloody place!

Heavy Back/Chest Pump

Close underhand grip lat pull down
90kg 10/10/8 double rp

Chest support Tbar row
80kg 10/10/8/ double rest pause into a single drop

Chest supported close grip plate loaded back row
110kg 10/10/10 double rest pause int a single drop

Rack Pull Muscle Round - finally felt good and confident doing these
100kg 6x4
Weight obviously not an issue but seeing as ive not doing much pulling I wasnt about to slam 3 plates on a set myself back. Will push this up 10-15kg next week

Chest pump
Incline DB Press
Incline DB Fly
Seated Chest Press

8 sets of abs including leg raise/ab crunch machine/decline sit ups

Banging workout. Hunger through the roof from it. Generally a quality session and looking forward to getting back in there tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back