Trying To Compete Natural In Ifbb

You reckon too wide? Still trying to figure the best flat bench technique for myself haha.

OP, great stuff. Keep going mate
The equipment is dictating alot of it, the struts are low so difficult to use a regular grip, if your tucking your elbows in and engaging the lats, you need a narrower grip to do that. Wrist wraps are good for keeping your hand position inline with the forearm, this will increase bench strength.

Update

Some results at home

Bench press
83,7kg for 20 reps

Overhead press
60kg for 11 reps

Strict bicep curl
60kg for 2 reps.

Also i started to squat and stiff legged deadlift
Will do this exercises with 30-40kgs until the proper technique appears.

Have fun with this video (final part)

good music and good reps

May be not the best shot, but it is what it is
AirBrush_20211026234753.jpg

1. Here in Northern Russia we do not have natural contests.
2.I am not too much interested in winning some places, it will be much more interesting to see what i look like in a line.
Well done! I'm a natty and entered a local competition twice. I knew I probably would not win and I never, but the comments after made it worth it! Comments like "You were the one that looked natural" and " You had the best arms" and "I could not have done what you have done tonight on that stage." AND bodybuilders that had never spoken to me in the gym were now like mates I'd known for years! You do it and you will get pleasure out of doing it.

Last edited:
Well done! I'm a natty and entered a local competition twice. I knew I probably would not win and I never, but the comments after made it worth it! Comments like "You were the only one that looked natural" and " You had the best arms" and "I could not have done what you have done tonight on that stage." AND bodybuilders that had never spoken to me in the gym were now like mates I'd known for years! You do it and you will get pleasure out of doing it and look proud too!

Thanks dude, motivates a lot. But i would like to make an outlook, no one would believe is natural=)

Do you believe that if you have taken gear before that you can truly claim natural?

Of course no, don't pretend to be life-long natural etc. But in terms of contest prep, if i will make a decent look without drugs THIS time, it will be ok. Technically i can pass any drug test now, so i am natural at time.

Sorry for not reading the entire thread but what's the purpose of these 75 reps, 40 reps of the same exercise.

I really don't get what's going on?:think:

Sorry for not reading the entire thread but what's the purpose of these 75 reps, 40 reps of the same exercise.

I really don't get what's going on?:think:
I try to become stronger to have size. Aim to have at least 160 bench, 220 deadlift to have enough size to compete in 78kg class.

I try to become stronger to have size. Aim to have at least 160 bench, 220 deadlift to have enough size to compete in 78kg class.

Surely your normal sets of 4 with 8 reps per exercise and progression overload would be better than doing 75 reps light weight for 1 set? To me that would be like a warm up sort of thing even then I'd only consider 20 reps of half my working set before moving into working sets, Never seen this approach before or am I missing something here? Or is your 75 reps overall for all your muscle group.

Could you post up your chest routine for example as I'm intrigued

Back