Welshies Being Consistent Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshguy84

Competitor
Equipped powerlifting adventure

Time for a new log for a new start on monday and hopefully pushing onto some bigger numbers. (Also I hate trawling through my log once it gets too long)So I have competed twice over this last year with lifts of 205/115/200 & most recently 195/125/220. Over the nextfew months I am looking for 220/140/240, bench will be the hardest as it's not something I get on with all that well. I have spoken to Justin and Dig on here who have offered some good advice and I has given me some food for thought and will apply some things that Dig suggested. Justin kindly sent me over some numbers for bench based on the numbers given and it has me working up to a heavy single before doing some slingshot/board work (alternated each week I think) to overload the movement and then finishing off with full ROM bench. It was a bit daunting seeing the heavy single creep up each week but looking at it now it makes sense as I will be overloding on the slingshot and board work and doing the full ROM stuff so that should help me achieve the numbers each week. Squats I will be following a Coan layout and deads will be Coan/Phillipi which I have done before although this time round I may change the accessory stuff slightly and add in block pulls. 3 days usually works best for me due to work but where possibly I will do an extra day with back work where ever I can fit it in, if for some reason I can then the back work will just be done after deadlifts.I've also got the opportunity to go train in a gym with a monolift and an extremely good powerlifting for squats but they do that on a thursday so for my week I am thinkingMonday - deadsTuesday - offWednesday - BenchThursday - SquatsFriday - extra back work Sat - offSun - offMay start using the weekend to train when the winter comes but weekends also involve lots of work, visiting or have people visiting so not always possible. Anyway, time to do some work and BBQ for lunch :thumb:

I'll keep an eye on this as I'm interested in getting into powerlifting myself.

My new gym has a mono lift and one of the guys from the powerlifting team approached me while I was dead lifting the other day and asked if I wanted to train with them. I was quite chuffed as I was going to ask about training with them anyway. :)

What weight are you?

I'll keep an eye on this as I'm interested in getting into powerlifting myself.

My new gym has a mono lift and one of the guys from the powerlifting team approached me while I was dead lifting the other day and asked if I wanted to train with them. I was quite chuffed as I was going to ask about training with them anyway. :)

What weight are you?

Do it, it's great fun. Great that you have somethig like thy close by.

I'd have to travel half hour and pay a bridge toll there and back so ice a week will be about it for training with someone for myself

I hover around 93-94kg

Week 1 day 1

Deadlifts

60x5x2
100x5
140x3
165x2
180x2

Speed deads

145x3x8 sets

Block pulls (either 7 or 6 inch)

140x6
160x6
180x6x2 sets

That was that. Workig from the coan/Philippi template but taken out their assistance and added block pulls and will do back work on a separate day and hamstring stuff on squat day

A shit day of food day as time didn't allow me to finish both meals in work so going to eat a little more tonight.

I am also going to try get used to using a belt to deadlift and see how it goes.

Week 1 day 2

Bench

Bar x lots
60x5x2 sets
80x3x2 sets
100x1
110x1
122.5x1

Slingshot

100x3 (couldn't touch chest)
120x3 (better)
120x3
120x3 (best set)

Bench

107.5x4
107.5x5
107.5x4

So my bench day was sent to me by Justin and I'll be honest I am fucked, not done so much bench work in... Well... Forever really.

First lot was smooth and easy.

Slingshot was weird, went on easily with the sleeves I cut from a bike pro top but getting wraps on was a bitch. Wasn't sure how heavy to go on it and it was for 3 working sets of 3 so tried 100kg but couldn't touch chest so knew where I stood there.

120 came down much better but felt weird but then got in the groove by set 2 and 3

Bench at the end was a killer. He told me it would feel lighter after the Sling shot work... He lied. Was weird, got 4, 5 then 4 but the set with 5 did have some one I trusted as a spotter. Didn't even go for the 5th rep on te other 2 as their hands were all over the shop.

Week 1 day 2

Bench

Bar x lots
60x5x2 sets
80x3x2 sets
100x1
110x1
122.5x1

Slingshot

120x3 (better)
120x3
120x3 (best set)

Bench

107.5x4
107.5x5
107.5x4

So my bench day was sent to me by Justin and I'll be honest I am fucked, not done so much bench work in... Well... Forever really.

Slingshot was weird, went on easily with the sleeves I cut from a bike pro top but getting wraps on was a bitch. Wasn't sure how heavy to go on it and it was for 3 working sets of 3 so tried 100kg but couldn't touch chest so knew where I stood there.

120 came down much better but felt weird but then got in the groove by set 2 and 3

Bench at the end was a killer. He told me it would feel lighter after the Sling shot work... He lied. Was weird, got 4, 5 then 4 but the set with 5 did have some one I trusted as a spotter. Didn't even go for the 5th rep on te other 2 as their hands were all over the shop.

Is this with a benching suit on then or something?

Week 1 day 2

Bench

Bar x lots
60x5x2 sets
80x3x2 sets
100x1
110x1
122.5x1

Slingshot

120x3 (better)
120x3
120x3 (best set)

Bench

107.5x4
107.5x5
107.5x4

Is this with a benching suit on then or something?

It's similar I guess. Looks like this

F769B073-C76F-4D4D-9247-BA4B05FCC7BD-2401-00000251091A5081.jpg

Helps overload the movement, encourages you to keep elbows tucked in as well. Took a bit of getting used to so played it safe with weight but hopefully it well help me get the feel of heavier weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back