What to do after Smolov!

Nicky

So, I finished Smolov Junior on Saturday gone and I'm not planning on repeating it until 2014 (for squat anyway)...Deloading this week and testing my new squat max this Saturday. Where do I go from here?! Should I squat more than once per week to continue to bring my squat up as it is still lagging?

Anyone got any routine recommendations? I've only done 5/3/1 up until now and prefer training 4 days per week although atm I have time to train more.

If you have access to bands then id recommend a program called "the forced entry method" its a basterdised version of westside created primarily for strongman but unlike westside I really got on with this. Don't let the SM thing throw you off either. Its about getting bigger, faster and stronger, which, in essence we all strive for.

http://gorillapt.com/2012/09/05/the-gorilla-forced-entry-method/

at first glance its a push/pull/legs. But the guy goes on to say he uses weekends for events training, oly technique work or conditioning. So there's no reason you cant do 4 days in the gym.

Really liking the look of Shieko Liam! Especially as it is a routine that can run for some time. Did you do #29 or the modified version of it? How did you find it? Did you make any of your own modifications to it?

The only sticking point for me is that it is a three day routine. Gym whore alert!!! Do you think an extra day doing assistance would hinder progress?

Really liking the look of Shieko Liam! Especially as it is a routine that can run for some time. Did you do #29 or the modified version of it? How did you find it? Did you make any of your own modifications to it?

The only sticking point for me is that it is a three day routine. Gym whore alert!!! Do you think an extra day doing assistance would hinder progress?

Haha. Gym whore.

So smolov jr was tough. I'd say enjoy the extra day recovery time...

I did no mods. Fairy sure I did 29 first and the a hard one where I fell apart... It's in my log ...somewhere...

Back