Why Don't Pros Seem To Care About Time Under Tension?

Dennis James is a big advocate of TUT (or MTUT he calls it). never done it myself as you need a spotter for vast majority of it.

been said 1000000000 times- more than 1 way to skin a cat. do what works for you

That's part of his marketing plan though..that he created this MTUT pish lol

That mtut stuff looks like complete gimmick. He doesnt seem.to do it himself when he trains either

When your on the doses that the pro's are on the training methods become irreverent. You will grow regardless.

Oohhh not me. I like a nice dirty vial deca mix. Like a Chinese that never clean the wok between dishes.

I think once the negative is under control and not just dropped then it's fine. The positive as explosive as possible imo.

What they do on camera and what they do on their genuine workouts is often completely different.

For promotional videos they will generally move higher weight because that's what average gym-goers want to see.

What they do on camera and what they do on their genuine workouts is often completely different.

For promotional videos they will generally move higher weight because that's what average gym-goers want to see.
I hear this often; presumably this comes from people who train at the same gym or else how would one know?

I hear this often; presumably this comes from people who train at the same gym or else how would one know?
Just seems logical. Even as a non pro if I was being recorded I would want to make an entertaining video so of course I'd be pushing my maxes.

Oh you stated it as a fact, not an assumption, hence my confusion.
Well it's not a fact that all pros do this but obviously some do that's just common sense. We do know for a fact some pros don't train that heavy but when you're trying to sell protein powders no one wants to see you curling 7.5KG dumbbells.

When you watch promotional videos for Christiano Ronaldo you don't see him doing regular boring training drills which we know for a fact they do. It's a promotional video, it's an exhibition.

If I cared enough I've no doubt I could find you videos of pros training light for pumps and then find you one of the same pro training heavy.

I'm not even a pro and I train in varied ways. This thread is like a non-discussion lol...

Just off the top of my head I can remember watching videos of pros doing slow controlled reps without locking out at all...

Back