advice on diet plan

humanholt

I've been dietin bout 4 weeks and this is a normal days eating how can i improve it i wanna lose weight but not muscle.

Im doin push pull legs training for about hour to an hour and 20min. Doin bits of cardio cant do much to because im avin physiotherapy

on my ankle.

8.30For breakfast 1 cup of porridge oats and 2scoops of whey.

10.30 Next meal just 200g of chicken.

12.30. Dinner 250g of chicken cup of rice bout 40g of carbs.

3.00 2 scoops of whey 40g of protein and 6g of omega fats.

go to the gym about 5.00

6.00 pro mass shake after training

7.00 more chicken or steak with 1 cup of rice 40g of carbs

10.00 omlette 5egg whites 2 yolks

Hi there, what are your current stats?

Looks like you could do with some more fruit and veg. And perhaps more variety!

Is that what you've more or less been eating the past 4 weeks of dieting? How much have your stats changed since then?

What's in the pro mass shake?

Do you get hungry?

pro mass is a cnp branded shake i have bits of fruits and i have multi vits and minerals everyday. ive lost bout half a stone. only sometimes i get abit hungry n yeah i av been doin that bout 4 weeks.

I was wondering what ingredients were in the weight gainer - seems like malto is the main carb there. Any reason why you're using this on a cut? Do you feel the fast-acting carbs PWO make a difference in some way?

If it was me I'd be tempted to increase sources of fat - I like using flax/linseed (can help keep hunger at bay IME). You can also use oily fish to help add some variety to your protein sources and at same time get a bit more 'good' fats in.

A multi is fine but would still want at least some veg in there - I find wilted spinach easy to eat and prepare... lightly steam in the pan with some garlic and couple dashes of soya sauce if you find the plain taste boring.

So have you stopped losing fat now? Do you have cheat days or meals? Do you have any other snacks or calorie-laden beverages that haven't been mentioned?

Drop the pro mass for starters... its my favourite mass gainer too but has no place in a diet focused on fat loss.... replace that with whey.

Less carbs overall would be my aim.

Lacking in fat.

Also need some fruit and veg in there.

Five and a half hours without any solid food is a long time in the middle of the day.

I've been dietin bout 4 weeks and this is a normal days eating how can i improve it i wanna lose weight but not muscle.

Im doin push pull legs training for about hour to an hour and 20min. Doin bits of cardio cant do much to because im avin physiotherapy

on my ankle.

8.30For breakfast 1 cup of porridge oats and 2scoops of whey.

Ok but you could possibly drop the oats if you want ,maybe add 1 item of fruit.

10.30 Next meal just 200g of chicken.

Thats ok ,add some pineappple for taste and digestion.

12.30. Dinner 250g of chicken cup of rice bout 40g of carbs.

200g chicken+big salad ,50p from Asda + light ceaser dressing

3.00 2 scoops of whey 40g of protein and 6g of omega fats.

^^^ This will be your pre-workout meal right? you can include some carbs here if you think you need them ,30g-40g of oats of equivalent rice etc.

go to the gym about 5.00

6.00 pro mass shake after training

Replace 30g whey+ 30g dextrose or maltodextrin

7.00 more chicken or steak with 1 cup of rice 40g of carbs +green veg

Carbs here would be useful and I'd keep them in til fatloss really dries up.

10.00 omlette 5egg whites 2 yolks

Yeh cool

If you dont like fish then get your omega's in caps ,multi vit/min is cheap .Add in some green veg of choice anywhere you like ,if you drop complex carbs pre-training then feel free to add a item of fruit to help you thru. Nut butters/oat cakes can help hunger too ,just dont go overboard.

Once your physio allows then 30-45mins before breakfast on a empty stomach ,failing that CV days on your weight training off days and aim to weight train atleast 3 x PW ,on your weights off days I would restrict complex starchy carbs completely.

This is just my take thou mate.

why would you not recomend having any slow releasing carbs in the morning ethan? also you have to take into account that the op works a physical job where he is on his feet all day.

Didnt know he worked a physical job mate, soz must of missed that. If so then I'd add ultra-fine oats to the morning shake ,amount depends on your tolerence to them.

On non-training CV days I've just got into the habit of having a 30g whey shake then maybe some eggs but I omit carbs ,thats just me thou. Alot of cutting diet embrace carbs A.M ,I just like P+F meals after fasted CV ,just IMO thou mate.

For quick fat loss I find dropping carbs to < 50g a day with a carb load one day a week works well, fats and proteins. Nuts if you need a snack rather than fruit.

Couple of high rep sessions and a heavy session pre and post carb load. I.e Friday carb load, heavy session Thursday night and a max lift workout Saturday pm.

Pre workout supp to keep lethargy away during workouts and a bit of discipline help too.

I work a physical job and get on alright without carbs, depends on initial fitness levels and how quick you want results.

It's about finding the balance and what works for you. Experiment, keep a food log, take measurements/photos and document your progress. It makes it easy to keep track of what works and what doesnt.

cheers guys so more fats less carbs wot about the times im eatin my meal and in the protein intake ok

I don't have set times to eat personally mate as circumstances can change. Whenever works for you is the best time.

I say eat when you're hungry, just be wary of your calorie intake and make sure you stick to it.

Back