Am I a hater or am I just over all the hype?!

^^^ you've just got to follow your own path steamroD mate - bear in mind that most of us that are posting in this thread about training/life/family balance are 40+....

hold up - im 23.

Have I in the past been a kid in a sweet shop with gear - yes

has it helped? - a little

will i be sticking to test only for now until i NEED more of something else - yes

so in conclusion -

have i been taken in by clever marketing, stupid spiel and labs/products by people selling them which have had naff all effect for the money spent? - yes

glare.gif

THIS IS A RE-WRITE AS I'D WRITTEN OUT A HUGE REPLY BUT ME INTERNET CONNECTION DROPPED
grrr.gif

Wowww! Huge response to a topic I thought I'd be told to fuck off and stop being my usual miserable self-righteous self as usual
smilie_lol2.gif

I'm not even going to attempt to respond to every post but it's been interesting to read!

My point was that I just feel like I'm on another level intellectually to most. I get bored of hearing "shall I do 400mg or 500mg of deca?" fact is - in real-terms it makes no fucking difference lol!

A close mate of mine began training the same time I did. He's a year or two younger than me, bigger built (thicker bone structure) and a bit taller and yet about 3-4 stone lighter. He swears by Mike Mentzer's "training theories" (Lazy Bastard Training I call it), which means he trains once a week. I feel like I'm better at this than him - I have a better understanding and dedication. The difference in our physique is huge - yet we started at the same time with a similar starting point. He talks about how his training is going great - yet I can't see it!

THIS IS A RE-WRITE AS I'D WRITTEN OUT A HUGE REPLY BUT ME INTERNET CONNECTION DROPPED
grrr.gif

Wowww! Huge response to a topic I thought I'd be told to fuck off and stop being my usual miserable self-righteous self as usual
smilie_lol2.gif

I'm not even going to attempt to respond to every post but it's been interesting to read!

My point was that I just feel like I'm on another level intellectually to most. I get bored of hearing "shall I do 400mg or 500mg of deca?" fact is - in real-terms it makes no fucking difference lol!

A close mate of mine began training the same time I did. He's a year or two younger than me, bigger built (thicker bone structure) and a bit taller and yet about 3-4 stone lighter. He swears by Mike Mentzer's "training theories" (Lazy Bastard Training I call it), which means he trains once a week. I feel like I'm better at this than him - I have a better understanding and dedication. The difference in our physique is huge - yet we started at the same time with a similar starting point. He talks about how his training is going great - yet I can't see it!

The important thing here is that HE can. So he will more than likely be satisfied and content.

The important thing here is that HE can. So he will more than likely be satisfied and content.
Even his training partner doesn't see it lol and his answer is to train more than once week you need super genetics are loads of gear... So he decided on the latter...

I see your point though.

Huge response to a topic I thought I'd be told to fuck off and stop being my usual miserable self-righteous self as usual :lol:

Instead it turns out that we're ALL miserable and self-righteous, so we agree with you! :lol:

yes couldnt agree more. compound movements, plenty of clean food, some basic steroid cycles if you go down that line and plenty of rest. there is still the odd product thats worth a punt like jack3d but they are few and far between. most of it spence is as you say, hype.

Whats your take on the low motality rate of pro wrestlers and parallel's with base IQ, POM's & drugs?

No idea what base IQ is??

POM - prescription only meds?

I think the whole wellness policy thing is a bit much.

We don't have the issue in the UK because no promotion has contracts with wrestlers which obliges them to be tested like they do in the US. Guys work cash-in-hand.

I think FWA and All Star have contracts with their guys which states they get priority over other promotions in shows class - but for the privilidge they get free insurance from the promotion and better exposure (Doug Williams went to TNA from FWA, Nick Aldis to TNA from All Star and there's one or two others who've recently signed for WWE that I know of).

In the US - WWE have exclusivity of their guys (like a normal job) which means they can test them.

TNA, I believe, test them, but only have contracts which state their wrestlers cannot be filmed wrestling for other promotions.

I can only comment on a personal level, but obviously I'm a steroid user, and I have taken ibuprofen for aches and pains which are ring-related on the odd occasion, simply because I'm a dad, a home owner and I have a full time job to go to, so therefore I can't take a few days out of my schedule. But for me it's only been ibuprofen - I have no idea how to get OTC meds or anything else and never would, but it's easy to see how you could...

I never ever ever believe any death is attributed to steroids. Pain killers - yes. Other drugs - yes. Having the brain of an 85 year old alzheimers (sp?) patient through too many chair shots which can play a factor in killing your wife and child and then yourself - yes.

I personally don't take risks with my health or wellbeing in the ring. As risky as I've got is a german suplex for a finish. I don't less guys do neck or head-related moves. Ever. As I said, I have a job, a family and a mortage. 15 minute match to a crowd means nothing to me compared to those. I refuse outright. I don't need to take (or give) risky moves to get over with a crowd. Ever.

Chair shots are now banned in the WWE, has a lot to do with this guy I believe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Nowinski

No idea what base IQ is??

POM - prescription only meds?

I think the whole wellness policy thing is a bit much.

We don't have the issue in the UK because no promotion has contracts with wrestlers which obliges them to be tested like they do in the US. Guys work cash-in-hand.

I think FWA and All Star have contracts with their guys which states they get priority over other promotions in shows class - but for the privilidge they get free insurance from the promotion and better exposure (Doug Williams went to TNA from FWA, Nick Aldis to TNA from All Star and there's one or two others who've recently signed for WWE that I know of).

In the US - WWE have exclusivity of their guys (like a normal job) which means they can test them.

TNA, I believe, test them, but only have contracts which state their wrestlers cannot be filmed wrestling for other promotions.

I can only comment on a personal level, but obviously I'm a steroid user, and I have taken ibuprofen for aches and pains which are ring-related on the odd occasion, simply because I'm a dad, a home owner and I have a full time job to go to, so therefore I can't take a few days out of my schedule. But for me it's only been ibuprofen - I have no idea how to get OTC meds or anything else and never would, but it's easy to see how you could...

I never ever ever believe any death is attributed to steroids. Pain killers - yes. Other drugs - yes. Having the brain of an 85 year old alzheimers (sp?) patient through too many chair shots which can play a factor in killing your wife and child and then yourself - yes.

I personally don't take risks with my health or wellbeing in the ring. As risky as I've got is a german suplex for a finish. I don't less guys do neck or head-related moves. Ever. As I said, I have a job, a family and a mortage. 15 minute match to a crowd means nothing to me compared to those. I refuse outright. I don't need to take (or give) risky moves to get over with a crowd. Ever.

Chair shots are now banned in the WWE, has a lot to do with this guy I believe: http://en.wikipedia....topher_Nowinski

:smile:

Watch yourself with advil/ibuprofen bro, its a silent kidney killer.

Not to mention it advertently slows protein synthesis, since youre into your training. :smile:

Is there a lot of rec drug use within the UK circuits as there is in the US?

Interesting link and perhaps answered part of my question there, a harvard wrestler.

How does the choreography work here?

Base IQ (what you inheritently begin with from birth)

POM, yes, Prescription Only Medication

:smile:

Watch yourself with advil/ibuprofen bro, its a silent kidney killer.

Not to mention it advertently slows protein synthesis, since youre into your training. :smile:

Is there a lot of rec drug use within the UK circuits as there is in the US?

Interesting link and perhaps answered part of my question there, a harvard wrestler.

How does the choreography work here?

Base IQ (what you inheritently begin with from birth)

POM, yes, Prescription Only Medication
yeah there's a fair amount of drug use - but it's like everything USA vs UK - USA is always bigger and more of it.

Ibuprofen - it's a last resort for me, and usually one lot does the trick. I don't do anything silly enough to get hurt, but it's just on the odd occasion ive landed funny.

Base IQ - i thought it was but wasn't sure if it was some technical name for a pain killer or something lol :p

I can't really comment on your points about AAS, but as far as your views on supplements and training I agree 100%. Everyone just wants a quick fix and so there is always going to be people who will try to take advantage of that.

Back