Am I a hater or am I just over all the hype?!

To true, hard work and dedication is needed, and also walking like a cowboy once a week :) lol...

And lol to the post about making cocktails of supps. Been there. Was having a chat with someone the otherday who's new to training, reminded me of me, saying how he's on this and that. Just wanted to say don't bother just eat loads of meat and train, but let him learn.

We live to learn.

^^^ so true, reps

For every 999 products that come out there maybe 1 which is beneficial and will help you.

The sensible thing to do is to research and weed out those 999 products then try the one which has the most theory/users behind it and form your own conclusions IMO

It is always worth trying something to see if it does work for you or not. If nobody tried anything then we wouldn't have lots of 'go to' products that we have today. I would agree however that it is not worth trying everything that is new.

Reactions: tac
I'm the same really. My routine has been similiar for years now, no plans to change it. Exercises same old staples. Drugs - the classics - test, tren, dbol, var.

I used to spend lots of time researching training and drugs etc. That's all done now. So I spend the time in the gym and that's it. Outside I can focus on other hobbies.

It took lots of time reading, training etc, to realise that actually, training + making gains is so mind-numbingly simple it's unbelievable. You really don't need to know anything more than the general principles of adaptation to stress and a bit of basic nutrition lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are also so much more important things in life, it's easy to get sucked into it all, study the food, study the drugs, sit on the forums for hours, absorb as much of it as possible whilst all the while the kids are tugging on my jeans to get my attention.

The biggest problem is people reaching a "self actualised moment" and being happy with their gains//physique rather than letting life pass you by trying to attain the unattainable.

There are also so much more important things in life

Is it wrong for me to think there is not?

The biggest problem is people reaching a "self actualised moment" and being happy with their gains//physique rather than letting life pass you by trying to attain the unattainable.

how do you get to this? I haven't been happy yet. and doubt I ever will.. Doubt it is possible for me.

without training my life seems to fall apart.

first part - if you cannot see something else then it's bypassed hobby, interest, pastime and possibly becoming obsession. Behaviours as such are often well documented by older bodybuilders who openely admit regrets on missing out on so much. Almost all the older "bros" i meet (late 40s 50s) all regret not getting the balance right with family, friends, work (ambition, having a job that fits around training, thus limiting) On a personal note i was spending far too much time in the gym, reading on forums, finishing work early to get to the gym.....at the expense of other things, which i now realise are much more worthy of my attention. If the bodybuilding life is the most important thing in your life i'm genuinely sorry it is, there is so much to do, experience, feel, love outside the gym.

I looked into the mirror and thought "fuck this" i know what i want and i think i'm pretty close to it, i have no need to be the biggest in my social group or other groups for that matter....the wife and kids love me irrespective of all that ( i think)

As for gear, it has a place no doubt - but i'm not allowing it to take over, after this cycle i'm never touching AAS again...just a desicion iv'e made for my long term health. It's hard to reach self actualisation if everyhting else in life hasnt fell into place, it probably hasnt in my life but while i can pretend it has then i'll just go along with it.

first part - if you cannot see something else then it's bypassed hobby, interest, pastime and possibly becoming obsession. Behaviours as such are often well documented by older bodybuilders who openely admit regrets on missing out on so much. Almost all the older "bros" i meet (late 40s 50s) all regret not getting the balance right with family, friends, work (ambition, having a job that fits around training, thus limiting) On a personal note i was spending far too much time in the gym, reading on forums, finishing work early to get to the gym.....at the expense of other things, which i now realise are much more worthy of my attention. If the bodybuilding life is the most important thing in your life i'm genuinely sorry it is, there is so much to do, experience, feel, love outside the gym.

spot on mate, reps.

im a lot less obsessed with it all these days than I once was, and you know what? I wasnt in that much better shape when I spent twice (or three or four times) the energy, time, money, effort on it as I do now

unless you're a serious competitive athlete making a living at it BBing isnt a way of life, its a hobby - and any hobby that takes over your life (same would go for football nuts, golf obsessives, fishermen that spend more time on the river than with their kids etc etc) is heading off in the wrong direction IMO

For every 999 products that come out there maybe 1 which is beneficial and will help you.

The sensible thing to do is to research and weed out those 999 products then try the one which has the most theory/users behind it and form your own conclusions IMO

It is always worth trying something to see if it does work for you or not. If nobody tried anything then we wouldn't have lots of 'go to' products that we have today. I would agree however that it is not worth trying everything that is new.

true, reps

but i prefer to let other people play guinea pig first. the stuff that really works sticks around - creatine for example. ive lost count of the number of 'latest, greatest discovery in the history of BBing' ive seen come and go. if they were so damn good then people would still be using them - let some other mug spend all his hard earned on the latest discovery, if its really as good as claimed and people are still saying so in a couple of years time you can always jump on it then (by which time the price will have come down a whole lot too...)'

I looked into the mirror and thought "fuck this" i know what i want and i think i'm pretty close to it, i have no need to be the biggest in my social group or other groups for that matter....the wife and kids love me irrespective of all that ( i think)

As for gear, it has a place no doubt - but i'm not allowing it to take over, after this cycle i'm never touching AAS again...just a desicion iv'e made for my long term health. It's hard to reach self actualisation if everyhting else in life hasnt fell into place, it probably hasnt in my life but while i can pretend it has then i'll just go along with it.

Totally agree mate ( except the bit about your Mrs loving you :wink: ), it`s a selfish sport, have always said thus and it gets worse for most the further up the chain you go, I`m quite happy now just plodding along, bit of gear once a year and some decent ( but tasty) food, the odd few beers/shmoke out in the sun, contrast this to the days of my youth ( and I`m being serious here) where I was almost f*ckin suicidal because ?????? I couldn`t afford the

Reactions: tac

Cheers, I'm fucked up in so many ways is is untrue I wont go into it. I don't have a girl i actually got rid of the last one as she would not understand and I can't have anyone nagging me as to why I cant spend more time with them. Costs cash as well which I need for my training. I work 6 days a week for fuck all so have little time anyway. I spend most of my money on steak and juice.

Just seems logical that it feels good so do it. Keeps me out of trouble but no I don't have a life I just eat sleep and train. I only stopped last time as I had an injury. I don't want to change it but I don't think I could without major depression. I have only been depressed once last time I got injured.

I sound like abit of a wierdo but I think I have a good shot at making it really good in this game. The gear lol I have a self destructive behavior that runs in everything I do I doubt I will be coming off anytime soon. only been on for 6 months this time tho.

cheers for the time it give me something to think about.

spot on mate, reps.

im a lot less obsessed with it all these days than I once was, and you know what? I wasnt in
that much better shape when I spent twice (or three or four times) the energy, time, money, effort on it as I do now

unless you're a serious competitive athlete making a living at it BBing
isnt a way of life, its a hobby - and any hobby that takes over your life (same would go for football nuts, golf obsessives, fishermen that spend more time on the river than with their kids etc etc) is heading off in the wrong direction IMO

hoe do you know if you are going to be serious or not tho?sorry for the hijack btw Wrapper.
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ you've just got to follow your own path steamroD mate - bear in mind that most of us that are posting in this thread about training/life/family balance are 40+.... I doubt we would have been saying the same 15 years ago. Sometimes you've got to take it to the extreme for a while just to work out whether thats right for you or not, bouncing off the walls on either side is often what it takes for you work out where the middle is!

"The Road of Excess leads to the Palace of Wisdom" - William Blake

I love that because it is so true. Thanks alot for that fella.

I guess it is just up for me. Training is the only thing to make me happy so it would be silly to stop it. I will know soon enough if i can cut it or not in this game.

Thanks for your input
smile.gif

^^^ you've just got to follow your own path steamroD mate - bear in mind that most of us that are posting in this thread about training/life/family balance are 40+.... I doubt we would have been saying the same 15 years ago. Sometimes you've got to take it to the extreme for a while just to work out whether thats right for you or not, bouncing off the walls on either side is often what it takes for you work out where the middle is!

:-( at least give me my last 2 months....:pity:

Back