Anyone into detailing?

Pip

Elite Member
Think I have found a new hobby and possible on the reigns of my OCD!

Spent quite a bit on products.

Did my leather seats properly by opening up the pores in the grain with steam and a soft brush to agitate the dirt + cleaner and conditioner. Then buffed with a microfibre.

My god the difference it made is unreal.

Restored back to matt finish and smelling like new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slowly working my way into it, it gets fuckin obsessive though, bit like training and diet etc. Can be a bit much at times.

When your looking at air blowers cos you cant get to all the recesses on your bike where there is still water after washing and drying. Is that too much going too far? It makes me question so.

What products you bought to try?

I am.

I find that its easy to spend loads on products you don't actually need and easy to get caught up in the hype of overpriced products that do the same as some things like Tesco Value.

The most expensive thing I've bought would be the DA i have. Bought it for under

Last edited by a moderator:
I am.

I find that its easy to spend loads on products you don't actually need and easy to get caught up in the hype of overpriced products that do the same as some things like Tesco Value.

The most expensive thing I've bought would be the DA i have. Bought it for under

Slowly working my way into it, it gets fuckin obsessive though, bit like training and diet etc. Can be a bit much at times.

When your looking at air blowers cos you cant get to all the recesses on your bike where there is still water after washing and drying. Is that too much going too far? It makes me question so.

What products you bought to try?
Dodo Juice, Megiuars, Chemical Boys, Poorboys

Agreed but there are some products which are worth their weight in gold

What kind of pressure you use for the wet sanding?

I admit I havent had the balls to do that yet.
Little to no pressure at all. If you put pressure on it you'll lens the clear coat and burn through the paint.

Best bet is do what i did. Grab a scrap panel from a breakers yard and practice on it. Will come in handy.

I use 3000 grit always as well. It may take longer, but the safety profile is better. No more than 6 strokes at a time and always wet it down and dry it to check progress.

A good one i use which is very cheap for cleaning trim etc is Tesco Value APC. Just use it neat on a micro fibre and wipe down black trim, youll be surprised at what comes off of it.

Also boil wash any microfibres you have in a clean machine with no conditioner.

Reactions: Pip
Used to, gave up. Loved petzolds liquid glass

Dodo Juice, Megiuars, Chemical Boys, Poorboys
Only use one of those. Ultimate compound is great stuff and more of a 1 stop polish, especially good by hand.

If you want a decent wax that lasts ages, looks great and is easy to apply and cheap too try colinite 845. Ive had a single bottle for around 2 years now and I've just around half an inch if that as it goes on super thin.

Only use one of those. Ultimate compound is great stuff and more of a 1 stop polish, especially good by hand.

If you want a decent wax that lasts ages, looks great and is easy to apply and cheap too try colinite 845. Ive had a single bottle for around 2 years now and I've just around half an inch if that as it goes on super thin.
I use collinite 476 for my alloys

Back