Anyone into detailing?

Got a nice shine on that rude

I don't even wash my car these days its great having a piece of crap I don't care about
Cheers. That's how I was with her scenic didn't ever wash it truly didn't give a fuck was great. Lol

Reactions: RAD
Lol It is great though I have crashed it, ripped the exhaust off and drove it into places where you need a 4x4 and it's still going strong, in a strange way it's the best car I have ever owned only cost me

f0a5631c53d13b334ecf5268569e5208.jpg
06983fe7c09c1dee5329d0bfd76fb5de.jpg

It was perfect mate, warm and dry with not to much sun. Took hours to clay as never been done before few big stone chips and the thick top coat has started to lift. The wheels are fucked. Might treat him to them being refurbed if he decides to keep it.

Few obligatory early morning beed shots.

910096a6ad23d8720af9700d91073653.jpg
7793440f20d7ab1e8da4def4762c6633.jpg

It was perfect mate, warm and dry with not to much sun. Took hours to clay as never been done before few big stone chips and the thick top coat has started to lift. The wheels are fucked. Might treat him to them being refurbed if he decides to keep it.

Few obligatory early morning beed shots.
Nice beading. Done a proper job. Went out to take the wife's car to the gym this morning now me and the neighbour both cleaned our cars the other day both black mines beaded to fuck his just looks shit where it hasn't been polished or waxed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you use Matty?

I washed and used sealant today (Chemical Guys Jet seal)

Tomorrow will probably wax it. Used a DA to apply it and saved my arms, shoulders.

I have now gotten the hang that less is most definitely more when it comes for wax etc.
i was putting it on too thickly before.

As was I Pip. Two thin coats is vastly better than one thick coat.

I used Collinite wax. It won't be getting waxed again in the near future so went with something hardy. I still rate it highly regardless.

Got a sample pot of hell shine Abyss to try on my bike body work and stick to the Collinite on the wheels.

One thing that makes a difference is when it comes to cleaning the car.
Its so much easier once its been sealed/waxed.

Took the RS to a recommended workshop for a partial respray,peppered bonnet and front bumper plus a couple small other things.

To cut a long story short, the recommended sprayer didn't do a great job,slight colour difference, orange peel finish in places, dull bumper and reacted paint on the bumper so took the car to another recommended detailer for paint correction.

Went to pick the car up day before yesterday to find out the detailer has chipped and scratched my drivers door by opening it into an open drawer on his tool chest! Going from bad to worse and costing me a small fortune for the privilege.

Took the RS to a recommended workshop for a partial respray,peppered bonnet and front bumper plus a couple small other things.

To cut a long story short, the recommended sprayer didn't do a great job,slight colour difference, orange peel finish in places, dull bumper and reacted paint on the bumper so took the car to another recommended detailer for paint correction.

Went to pick the car up day before yesterday to find out the detailer has chipped and scratched my drivers door by opening it into an open drawer on his tool chest! Going from bad to worse and costing me a small fortune for the privilege.
Mate he should cover that himself.

Why did you accept the car back from the sprayer in that condition?

Mate he should cover that himself.

Why did you accept the car back from the sprayer in that condition?
detailer is covering the repair, I was a little taken back when I saw it, couldn't believe it. He denied it was him at first until I showed him the photos of the RSI luckily took the day before with no dent and scratch, he admitted liability then and said he must of opened the door against his draw.
I only paid the sprayer half the cash because I noticed the bumper straight away and said to him I'll pay the rest after he re does the work, then went home and gently washed the car and noticed a few other things.......

Back