Ending a relationship.

Yes mate agree with you on that one... short term pain for long term gain.

I believe you are here once so got to make the most of things whilst you are here, you dont want to be sat down in 20 years time thinking what if?

Not saying this is going to be easy but it could be a life changing decision for you.  But only you can walk down that path.

hope that mkaes sense mate.

Best of luck with this mate.

It does sound like you know what you need to do. Like you say easier said than done. Can't be easy.

Making other people happy at the expense of my own has been my whole adult life, not just women, but friends, family, work mates, customers, everyone!

Just venting.

I'm not being cynical or simplistic, but you do think that will change? 

That's just the life of a man really, isn't it? 

Agreed.

Also some, whether they like to admit it, myself included, find it natural to be like that. Its quite noble I think. I fucking hate it though. I find myself having to really attempt to get things my own way, find it easier to help or please others.

I need to accept my girlfriend/Ex what ever you call it is a lost cause. She really is but I can't let go.

I have what I think is need a woman in my life to be happy syndrome. It's actually quite annoying.

I need to accept my girlfriend/Ex what ever you call it is a lost cause. She really is but I can't let go.

I have what I think is need a woman in my life to be happy syndrome. It's actually quite annoying.
Same. Id happily lay down my life for her (because the youth would get to keep her) but she doesn't respect me and I don't respect her. I like and dislike her in equal proportions, but the dislike is becoming a little more prevalent these days.

Op, only you can decide mate, and you've pretty much answered any questions about things in this thread, it's a tough tough road to go down but ive been there and do believe you will end up better off..........we all have problems but some are more defining than others, with my ex it got like your relationship description and I literally shouldn't/couldn't live that way anymore, and in my current relationship whilst times are hard even now I know that my wife is good for me, and know for all the mental I put up with from her, there's far far worse out there and she doesn't make me feel alone like the ex....

Bump for updates and inspiration.
Generally things are shit. We are talking although im still not living at home. Seeing more of my baby which is good and also breaking my heart every time i have to leave her again.

I'm not being cynical or simplistic, but you do think that will change? 

That's just the life of a man really, isn't it? 
Id like to think it can. Yes, it probably is the life of man, but there comes a point where your too far down the pecking order and something needs to change.

Op, only you can decide mate, and you've pretty much answered any questions about things in this thread, it's a tough tough road to go down but ive been there and do believe you will end up better off..........we all have problems but some are more defining than others, with my ex it got like your relationship description and I literally shouldn't/couldn't live that way anymore, and in my current relationship whilst times are hard even now I know that my wife is good for me, and know for all the mental I put up with from her, there's far far worse out there and she doesn't make me feel alone like the ex....
Its not fucking easy, thats for sure.

We are working through things at the moment. Not with the intention of us getting back together, but if that happens then so be it. I do love her but i dislike her at the same time. Which is an odd place to be.  

Thanks for all the posts/advice/concern etc too lads. Really appriciate having somewhere to vent this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant say anymore that whats already been said. Deep down you know the answer, its just admitting it to yourself. I have just done this and its hard. Very hard. Dont think i would have coped if it hasnt been for medication.

Hope you find peace dude. I can completely relate. 

Having to call space on my Relationship with the kids mum. The more I try the more I get pushed away. The more effort I put in to make it great the more of a cnut she becomes. Some people don't know what they have at times. Bringing me down. She has a lot of stresses in life, working full time and at uni full time but her biggest Allie is me. I don't often blow smoke but in that case I'm right. Sometimes you just have to accept people are destructive and maybe not worth your time/effection/etc.

Back