Tell me your chest routine

Neb

Elite Member
Movements, sets and reps!

Mine atm.

Flat bench 3 * 8

Dips 3* 8

Thats it but I'm wondering what the masses do?

Pretty similar actually:

Incline Bench (slight incline) 2-3 x 6-10

Weighted Dips 2-3 x 6-10

I do plenty of progressive warm ups and then go as heavy as possible for 2, maybe 3 sets.

I've got the intensity up for all movements now apart from squats. . .

I suppose I'm heading towards some kind of HIT. . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as I've finished coughing & spluttering the contents of my ribcage up, I shall be doing GVT for a bit, so 10x10, but alternating exercises each session, eg flat bench one sesh, slight incline the next etc.

i like flat bench on the smith machine to the clavicles 3 sets of 8-15 always incresing the weight

followed by hammer strength press, i usually go pretty heavy on these and do 3 sets of 6-8

3 sets of weighted dips

followed by the pec dec supersetted with press ups.

low incline DB press 3 warmup sets then one all out with rest pause

hammer strength 4 x 8-12

decline press or dips 3 x 10

sometimes throw in pec dec or cable crossovers if shoulders up to it

flat bench 3x10 and then a few triples

inc smith 3x10

pec fly machine 3x10

cable flys 3x10

machine chest press high reps sets or a couple of normal set then a triple drop set

Cheers guys.

Seems a lot that John? maybe I could add another movement. I think I'll stick some flies in there too

Flat bench heavy 4-6 reps for 3 sets, drop the weight for a few sets @ 8-10s

Incline Bench/Guillotine (one or the other) 3 x 10

Heavy Dips 3 x 6-8

Flyes If I can be ar5ed

Cheers guys.

Seems a lot that John? maybe I could add another movement. I think I'll stick some flies in there too
it does look a lot written there but I do 1 body part a day so it's all OK

main part is the 1st 3 exercises, if I was in a rush I'd leave after those and not worry about it

last 2

- the cable flys are ace, I don't go mad heavy but I make sure my pecs do all the work and squeeze at the top... sometimes I'll do them from the top bottom and middle on the cross over machine

- the machine press is purely to burn right and get pumped, forces blood into the muscle and carries waste products out... plus I like the feeling, it's like a warm down in a way

Flat bench x 3

Incline bench x 3

Weighted dips x 3

Flys occasionally

mynes

flat bench 1 set of 5 reps to faliure, drop weight 8 resp to failure, drop weight 10 - 15 reps to failure

then followed by flyes 2 sets high reps with a lightish weight till im in pain lol

then i do standing shoulder presses to failure with pushes to cheat loads of reps out. 3 sets of at least 10 plus reps and dropping the weight every set

i then go back to bech press and do 1 set of as many reps as possible with a lightish weight (80k on monday) it feels realy heavy after hammering shoulders with high reps and my triceps feel a good work off this last set

thats me for chest shoulders and triceps for the week. only been doing this 3 few weeks but its doing me ok. not something i normally do either as i normally go for max weights and low reps but change has brightened it up a bit. just my way of keeping the volume down as im not on gear now. when i am i train 5 sessions per week monday - friday and hit chest and triceps on its own and have shoulders on its own on thursdays

atm its incline dumbells 3x 10 reps

flat barbell press 3 x 10 (or there abouts)

cable or dumbell flyes, icline or flat

finish with a chest press machine

I see that no one mentions declines, & it would seem that almost no one does them these days (I quite like them myself).

What's your reason(s) for avoiding?

Back