The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

York weights set (argos by any chance?) christ that brings back memories although the red plastic collars were lethal I took a concrete filled plastic plate to the face on db pullovers when the collars gave way and my bench was a milk crate I shit you not LMAO.

3d super woofer ghetto blaster I had a jvc I remember that the rule was if you pushed the eject button on the tape deck and it took ages to eventually open fully that was a sign of quality LOL

The Mrs is probably feeling off because she's anxious for the op can't blame though I would be shifting bricks.

So I am expecting to see you in the spare room with rocky blasting on your vids from now on

Was argos even around 30 odd years ago...? Those concrete filled plastic plates were awful LOL but yeah, used them too.

The slow pressure eject was so futuristic... gave you time to rescue the tape too if it had got chewed.

Mrs always has an excuse for being off. Every word out of her mouth today is packed with venom and I cannot even ask her if she wants any lunch without getting an arsey reply.

Our spare room is her make up room, I won't be getting in there any time soon

So another abbreviated morning to get the wife's pre-op assessment. Got about 4k in tho before heading off. Then hit the gym again on my own, just as well, so much tension in the house right now (2 of them are screaming upstairs as I type.... ooh, now the doors are going on, FML). No way I can handle a week of self isolating with all this BS going on. Any way... training...

A: Leg Press: 14x63, 12x97, 10x131, 165+x17, 14, 12, 10
B: Leg Extension: 175x18, 15, 12, 10
C: Calf Press: 120x23, 20, 18, 16
D: Belt Calf: 75x22+ myoreps 5x5
E: Cable SLRs: #5s x29 + myoreps 5x5

Leg press reps were all the same but the weight was up by the + plate adjuster. These were a slog tho, nothing came easy today. Didn't make leg exts any easier either, same weight here but I did manage to stick on few extra reps before tagging on a 4th set. Legs wobbling now and only just managed to hold together for calf pressing. That said I still managed to get about half a dozen more reps out somehow. Myoreps also saw +2 on the activation set. SLR finisher saw a little tight in the shoulders but up 2 reps again here followed by the usual 5x5.

Better go check no-one has killed anyone upstairs now, altho I'll probably be the one in the wrong when I get up there so I may just stay down here. Altho I'll be wrong for doing that too LOL

Argos has been around since 1972 (googled it lol) I was shocked that it's been around for so long.It was either argos or index where I got my 50kg york set from all I can remember is I had to carry the fcuker on the bus and then getting it from the bus stop to home was a war of attrition LOL.

Chewed tapes were a nightmare you had to unscrew the cassette,chop out the bad bit then try and get it back on the reel by taking out that little plastic block on the reel (which you always ended up loosing) and then putting it all back together but you did feel like you could edit films afterwards.

How about taping songs off the top 40 on a Sunday and when you were taping a song sitting with your finger on the pause button in a attempt to stop it before the dj started talking,get it wrong meant rewinding and starting the recording process all over again.I eventually had the reflexes of a ninja and my top 40 tapes had no dj talking on them..... oh yes I had mastered that one sensei LMFAO.

Remember what I told you all deaths are now counted as covid so if you clean up the scene good enough I can't see them doing you for murder then you can turn the spare room into a gym infact you will have a couple of rooms to choose from.

Argos is as old as me... Damn

A chewed tape was never the same. But yeah used to love recording the top 40. Did you use to tape over old originals by blocking the holes at the top so you could record over them with your new top 40.

I don't think the Mrs will survive the 7 day isolation she made up, she'll go mad. So I may get a couple more gym sessions in hopefully... Gives her a better mortality rate too

LMAO yeah a bit sellotape over the holes did the job I use to raid my mams cassette box she went fcukin off it when I taped over Johnny Mathis LOL.

She's worse than Boris with the lockdown rules next she'll have you and the little dude in hazmat suits.

At least you can get a bit more time in the gym since you rumbled her cunning plan

How long will it be before you can get back there?

I'm hoping it will work out alright now, should be able to train over the weekend and maybe even Monday but after her CV test on Tuesday we have to isolate so that will be it. Can probably do something over next weekend if I can get my son with me then when she's out I'll be stuck for a while but in theory I'll be deloading so can wing it thru that spell fine. Not sure how long the post op window will be but I will be tied down by the fact that we can't train alone in the building and the Mrs can't be coming with me.

All systems go this morning. Good walk done, Session with the Mrs done who seems a bit calmer today, comparatively. Home for a school Teams meeting which thankfully wasn't so bad after all. Just done the shopping and got everyone's meds and the Mrs has just had a text after being told not to get the vax that she can have the op within 5-7 days of being vaxed so we tried the link again and she's in for Sunday, 5 days prior to the op. One less thing to stress about now she knows her risk factor is reduced.

A: Lat Pull Down: 12x50, x80, 140x22, 17, 14, 12
B: Seated Row - Bar: 125+ x22, 20, 17, 16
C: Cable EZ Curls: 25s x21, 17, 15, 14
D: Free Cable Curls: per side 25s x19, 15, 14, 12
E: Machine Press: 170x20, 20 (13+7), 20 (11+5+4), 20 (10+5+5)

Few people in at work today so kept ourselves masked up and the Mrs wouldn't let me anywhere near anyone LOL LPDs felt good, pretty solid form, 3 reps up on last week and relatively decent mobility. Seated rows felt smooth and even going up by the + plate still got more reps on sets 1-3 and no trouble putting the 4th set in. Upped EZ curl work and reps took a hit because of it. Not done the volume maths but not too fussed as I wasn't going to do 5 sets. Solid work tho. Free curls stayed put, little bit up and down with reps and after 3 sets was only breaking even (but this is probably understandable), set 4 took care of any issues there tho. Upped the chest press finisher, quite a weight jump but somehow still got 20 reps out. This made the RP work afterwards quite brutal and for volumes sake I did a 4th set which my shoulder may regret, but he who dares...

So it's a bit up in the air training wise but you'll soon be back in the gym I can't see your Mrs taking to long to recover tbh whereas I would be out for months lol.

He who dares win........ces for weeks afterwards.

Shifting some bloody good weight on machine press dude

The weight is in pounds lol all our machines are mad. Can't lift shit on any of them.

I've had a good training run. Mrs still wants to keep active until the 3 days tho I think so all good...or better than it was looking anyway

Why is the machine in pounds? I bet it's kilos and your just being modest.

She'll soon be on the mend......it's very inconsiderate of her to go for a op when you had your blast sorted.

I think you should voice your disgust at her timing......that should go down well LOL.

It has both lbs and kgs TBF but if I said I was fighting to bench 80kg on a machine you'd think I'd gone mad.

She is selfish, you are right. I think we need to have it out over this. She does fuck all anyway so what does she need a new hip for...

Bonus training day today.... got my walk in, bloody cold and raining so cut a few corners and just did 4.5k. Got everyone's breakfast sorted then headed off with the Mrs. PWO treated myself to a salt beef bagel, fvcking epic, from a local food truck. Not cheap (nearly £7 each) but worth every penny.

A: Deficit SLDL: 10x20, 60, 100, 135x19, 14, 11, 9
B: Seated Hamstring Curls: 205x24, 14, 13, 12
C: Belt Calves: 75x24, 20, 18, 17
D: Press Calf: 120+ x20 + myoreps 5x5
E: Cable Grip Curls: 25x28, 28 (19+9), 28 (17+11), 28 (15+8+5)

Started off with some time conscious SL work (mrs doesn't like being on her own and with set up, exhaustion and packing away it takes about 25 mins here). Warm ups done pronto, work sets up by 5. The idea was less fatigue with the increase killing some reps, in the end I only dropped 1 which still means a volume increase and it nearly ended me LOL Seated ham work was a grind now tho, couldn't match the work from the other day and no point trying as hams were battered, was +1 on last weeks same session tho and had the 4th set in there. Calf work held up a little better, Belted work saw a few extra reps nailed with a bit digging. Myoreps up on last week but broke even with the session earlier this week, but all good as fatigue was testing me. Grip curls were brutal for such a simple finishing exercise and reps nicely up on the 4 sets.

Just swap the kgs sticker with the pounds one lol.My stacks have no stickers on them so I have to count the plates and work it out my training quickly turns into a maths lesson no wonder I am knackered by the end of them.

Why does she need a new hip LMAO

Salt beef bagel does sound nice,going through hell on the hamstrings whilst the Mrs checks her reflection in the mirror that exactly how it would be if mine decided to train with me.

She is pestering me to buy a rowing machine but if she gets one it will be put in the bedroom there's no way I want her in my shed LMAO

So you're saying your 140 bench might be a mathematical error..??

The bagel was the nuts.... the Mrs was sanitizing her hands LOL We are the only ones in the building and she did it about 6 times.... not that she's anxious LOL

We have a rower here, they forgot to log it in the inventory at work so I snaffled it. Proper Concept 2 one too

Back