The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Never really chased money all my life but I can't lie, seeing my years out doubling my income has some appeal, but also finishing out my working years and suddenly being under a genuine threat of either getting fired for missing targets or having real stress and pressure has less appeal.

Nice to get a good session in finally in time for a couple of days off.

The worst thing about belt squats... I actually need them in my routine and I don't think my cheaper gym options have them!!!

The last thing you need is more bloody stress anyway your busy working on your crypto dealing portfolio soon you'll be cashing in on a small fortune.

I've got 4 more days of gym time before the lovely couple of days off.

These belt squats are costing you not only physically but financially also,are you sticking with the gym or having a look around?

My £20 went up to £45 but I never cashed out and it's now worth £33

5hrs sleep last night so need the days off I think. Another early tomorrow. Spent most of my shift today keeping a 90y/o lady comfortable while we waited for an ambulance after falling off her bike and possibly fracturing her pelvis.

There's not much looking around to do here. TBH I either suck it up and hope they have an offer on soon or bite the bullet and switch to gym group. None of the others have a good savings to hassle ratio. Got 3 or 4 more months yet

Dammit you could have been quids in ......my £19 is now at £35 lol.

Fcuk what's she doing on a bike at 90 yrs old and don't say falling off it.............poor sod,with you on the crap sleep my shoulder was getting uncomfortable with that injury off the car crash so the Mrs gunned the hell out of it last night and it was aching like fcuk all night so kept me awake I am fcuked now but it's feeling much better.

Looks like your pretty much stuck where you are for the moment but looking ahead Zachs off to uni so there's a spare room crying out for a gym conversion nick a few bits from work and your all set.

She was coming to a mobility class ironically. Poor old girl. Doesn't sound like she'll be getting on a bike again tho. Once she was morphined she was a proper chuckle lol

What triggered the shoulder off again then, it's not been bad for a bit since the accident has it?

I may have little choice. I may at least see what kit these cheap 24hr ones have

That's ironic indeed,morphine sounds like a good laugh we use to watch a programme about lifeguards in Australia and they use to give people a opiod it was this green whistle thing and once it kicked in they were fcukin hilarious lol.

I am pretty sure what flared the shoulder is db shrugs as after them last week my neck was starting to stiffen up then it just go worse and worse day by day until yesterday where it was proper uncomfortable I think something moves in there and traps nerves as I was getting burning pain in my elbow as well.The Mrs set about it and it was fcukin hurting but today it's settled right down again should really keep on top of it to stop any flare ups in the future.

Always worth a look about you might a little gem of a place

I've still got a whole bottle of oramorph I hadn't touched from my bicep op.... TBH another night like last night with the mrs snoring etc, I may just neck half of it just to pass out!

If it was a pinched nerve the masssage gun may have just been coincidence rather than the cure. Have you tried flossing your shoulder, that may help release a trapped nerve is that is what it is?

I'm not holding out much hope, altho gyms have come on a lot round here it's still far from a training mecca

Pop a few of them and you'll sleep like a baby.......knowing your luck you'll wake up on Monday morning having slept the whole weekend away!!

What it is as far as I was told by the physio is a lump of scar tissue that gets itself jammed and puts pressure on the nerve that runs through the shoulder blade.He was trying to break it up after the crash but they cancelled the physio and I got left with it the gun seems to shift the pressure off that nerve I actually feel it move which makes me want to throw up lol.It hasn't been bad for ages I think shrugs moved it about so no more of them.

Finding a decent gym is a mission I never take mine for granted its the best investment I ever made.

Looks like I have the bed tonight and she'll be downstairs but I'm not being allowed to forget about it lol

Sounds like some proper massage Amy be what you need then. Breaking down scar tissue is painful work. Or maybe even some acupuncture.

Maybe I'll go for this job, if I get just invest the money into a home gym and then go for my old job again

LOL I have a feeling the bed swap is going to cost you this weekend!!

I really should get it gunned every night to see if that helps break things down its like everything when it's not bothering me I leave it alone until it goes.......on the plus the Mrs likes to see me in pain so shouldn't be a problem to get it done.I would definitely give acupuncture a go finding one over here might take some looking.

That sounds like a plan,you only need to do 6 months that's 30 grand in the pocket imagine the set up you could get for that and then just Swan back to your place again........what could possibly go wrong with that!!

Considering our staff turnover lately there would definitely be a job of some description open for me in 6 months time

I've been training on the Mrs, I should start an acupuncture clinic over there.

8hrs sleep last night and only woke up once. Heaven.

Another early Saturday session following a few early shifts. 10 hrs sleep over the previous 2 nights but thankfully got 8 in last night. Another manic Saturday down the gym too, last week I put it down to the place being shut on the Sunday but no, it just seems to be the trend right now. After a less than stellar week I was fearing the worst today but it all went reasonably well, definitely not easy work tho. Weather just a bit too wet and cold to be motivated to relocate my Keter storage chest, but it was just about right to go out for a fry up!

A: Leg Press: x80, x160, 220 x 15, 15, 12(2)
B: Belt Squat: 80 x10, 10, 9
C: Leg Ext: 80x 15, 13, 10
D: Belt Calf: 95x 15, 13, 12
E: Hack Calf: 110 x 15, 12, 11

The session did not start out as I expected. Warm ups on the leg press were steady, first work set was much the same, but then the next 2 work sets seemed to go surprisingly well and up 2 reps each (last set taking a breath between those last 2 tho TBH). I expected belt squats to then be a struggle but on paper I matched last week. My gut tells me they were better tho. No catching breath on the 2nd set, and only brief on the last, and that was after a 1st set where the pins setting didn't limit my ROM like last week. Leg ext were more of a challenge tho, I had misloaded the 1st set last week but even accounting for that there wasn't really anything extra gleamed from these. Calf work did only break even, and not easily, fatigue certainly kicking in here. It also didn't help that I think on the belt work I had the cable dragging on the rubber matting I use to raise my positioning on for some added resistance.

Yeah Dr DV has a certain ring to it,I know for a fact if you did acupuncture on me I would end up looking like pinhead off Hell Raiser!!

A full night's sleep you'll not know yourself any chance the Mrs is staying downstairs tonight or is that pushing it!!

The summer bod people are starting to hit your gym by the sounds of it

Good leg session but have to admit the fry up sounds better lol

I know enough not to stick them in your head for a sore shoulder....

She said did I want her to, but considering what she was like yesterday I figured it best not to push my luck lol

They certainly aren't put off my the price hikes. I had the bloody cleaner practically stepping back into me while using the leg press today. Dude is doing my head in now.

It was only a small fry up from the local hospice, just me helping raise money for them lol

LOL Is your Mrs impressed with your new found skill?

I think that was a very wise decision although I bet you were tempted.....definitely avoided a argument there... nice one lol.

Does he not understand that cleaning should be left until it doesn't interfere with customers surely he could hang on a bit.

Good to see your doing your bit for the local community.....did you have black pudding? I love that but it's got gluten in it .......typical!!

Back