The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Not a huge drop overnight.... 112.6kg. Got a real aching at the back of my knee, inflamed style ache rather than anything more sinister but it does make kneeling a bit of a bitch. Still got a head full of crap but all good.

Incline BB Bench (45deg): x20, 10x40, 8x60, 82.5x16, 14, 13
Cable X Over: #6x16, 14, 14
Land Mine V Rows: 10x50, 80x13, 13, 13
V-Bar Pull Downs: 8x#10, #13x15, 13, 12
Dumb Bell Curls: 17.5s x14, 12, 11

Finally a mild morning (which will probably mean I'll get another cold again LOL) so broga'd myself up and off we went. Inc still a bit funky on the shoulder altho it's not appearing to make things worse but shall keep an eye. Decent enough work, same reps with a smidge more weight. X overs stayed the same but got a few more reps in with no issues. Landmine rows went well with extra weight hitting reps pretty well (may have been venting a bit between sets LOL). VPDs pretty solid with no rest fluctuations there so all good, lats getting a good ROM in. Few sets of DB curls to close, same weight as I need more reps before chasing weight on these ATM.

111.8kg today, back to a slightly more accepted weight TBH after last weeks 113 eclipse. After my knee being off all weekend (walking was fine but I couldn't kneel on it, think it was actually coming from the calf) it seemed OK today.

Calf Presses: 12x80, 12x120, 8x160, 210x20, 17, 16, 16
Leg Press: 8x180, 270x21, 18, 18
Back Squats (elevated): 8x60, 6x80, 102.5x14, 12, 11
Hack Good Mornings: 8x60, 100x15, 17, 17, 17
EZ Curls: 8x27.5, 37.5x14, 12, 11

Broga'ed up and feeling good for the session. First test on the knee was the calf work and no issues here, upped the weight and also upped the reps and ll felt good. Upped the leg press too and despite dropping a rep or 2 at the start I finished 1 rep up, knee perfectly happy with it all too. Quads crying a bit but that's the idea. In the interest of watching the knee I left it at the 3 sets. Back squats did set the back of the knee off a bit, but after the 2 warm ups it seemed to pass and even with a slight weight increase I managed to up my reps and suffered no ill from doing so. Started doing BB GMs but just wasn't feeling it where I should so swapped it up for Hack Squat GMs, after set 1 found that due to the platform angling a heel raise levelled the set up out more and was a better set up. With it being better supported I stuck a 4th set in here. Kept EZ curls weight the same again in quest for reps, which was duly achieved. All in all a decent bit of work, pleased that the knee held up and it's showing any wrong doing from it all now either.

112.2kg today so staying in range OK still. Knee not showing any issues from yesterday's leg session which is good. Not the best start to the session it felt but referring back I've actually jumped a bit further forwards than I should have done.

Flat BB Bench: 10x40, 8x60, 5x80, 102.5x16, 13, 12
X-over Hi: #4x22, 18, 17, 15
Parallel Wide Push Down: #15x17, 15, 13
Rope OH Ext: #9x17, 20, 19
Laying Rope SLR: #2x23, 19, 16, 16

Usual broga bits and good to go. I suspected last week I stepped up too quick and my thoughts were supported by the fact that today there was only 1 true extra rep in me, in fact I still think the last set was a bit too hard for wk3 TBH. Got the SBD wraps going tho, they don't half lock your wrist up. Anyway, last time I BB benched I finished my last week on 105 for 14 dropping to about 7 reps I think on my overreach so seeing as I have 7 wks left we're ok. Hi Xovers were easy for extra reps tho so that was better, quite a few reps up here in fact. Parallel PDs felt good, gripped inside the handle which felt a bit more 'functional' and was a couple up on each set there. Rope work was odd, #7 was way too easy so ended up increasing by 2 pins and still repped out well, shoulder a little clunky on these tho. SLRs were up quite a bit in reps too, shoulder good here which made repping easier.

Staying on target at 112.6 today and ready to go out on the pull

BarBell Rows - Pendlay: 10x20, 10x50, 6x70, 80x15, 13, 12
Lat Pull Down: 6x#10, #13+2.5kg x17, 15, 13
Rope Pull Overs: 10x#9, #12x15, 14, 12
Dumb Bell Preacher Curl: 12.5s x18, 14, 13, 12
DB Hammer Drag Curl: 15s+1kg x15, 13, 12, 11

Broga for the shoulder then straight into the work. Rows moving comfortably. Few extra reps nailed so reserved the extra set for now. Popped an extra 2.5 on the LPD, needed 44.85 reps to match volume and did 45 so not much of a volume increase altho form was mint but will be adding a set in next week and was planning to up pullover volume this week anyway. Which I did, same weight, extra set. DB curs were interesting, felt really light and a whole load of extra reps on set 1, even with teh extra work on the 3 sets I did a 4th anyway. But then Hammer work felt much harder with a tiny increase and these did require an extra set to meet volume requirements. All good tho.

Long time old boy. I'll do a full catch up later. It could take a while lol.

Sorry for my absence leaving you all alone in here. Disappeared and put my head down with plans of competing in the GPC in March. All was on track. Deadlift was up to 280, bench was at 170, squats were hitting 240 then disaster struck at the beginning of November when I had a distal bicep detachment warming up on Deads ffs. Been in a pissed off limbo state ever since doing single arm work outs. Very annoying when I could have down some damage in my class judging by results and records I've seen.

How's things with thee?

Fvcking hell mate, that sucks. How's the healing process been for it and are you likely to get back on track for competing? I had a proximal rupture on mine, nearly 8 years ago now. Start of November... I guess you can only just be out of a sling now and rehabbing

Usual family dramas still dragging on, never a dull moment but getting a bit tiresome now LOL. Training wise hit a role with my progressive overload programming. Hovering a little over 110 nowadays (112-113 clothed) in week 13 of my test tren blast so only a couple of weeks left before cruising and then cut things up around easter I reckon.... currently about 10-12kg up on last Jan I think and condition not deteriorated too horribly. High volume and high rep hypertrophy work has been the focus, not gone heavy for over year so dread to think what any max work would be like but getting too old and too injured to travel that path nowadays

and yes, other than an a welcome appearance from mick the brick after a hiatus it has been lonely around these parts

I was out of the sling at week 5 I think it was. Had a really good surgeon who got me in within a week and wanted me straightening it up as much as was possible from that time onward and twisting it. Took about a month to get some decent mobility and twist back in it. Still aches like a bugger at times but it's gaining size back just from daily activity. He thinks I should get the all clear to start back some light training after the next appointment at the beginning of March. Have to admit I've got a bit of ptsd from it all and I'm pretty nervous at every slight pull on the other side now and get a little nervy even watching deadlift videos lol. Going to get my ass down to Genesis and work with Dave Beattie once I've recovered as he's no doubt got much experience of people recovering from tears like this. Such a pisser. I was even seated BB pressing 120 for 10 on top of all the other lifts and hadn't even pushed it yet. Gear was at 400mg total pw max and I still had the orals to come in for my programming phases as well as pushing the oils up more ffs all at a body weight of 16st 10lb. Such is the life. World dominance will have to wait lol.

Had a quick read through earlier. Sorry to hear about the Grandson. If the retard can't even step up for his own kid then there's no hope for the shit really is there. I just hope the right thing is done soon enough and the wee one ends up with you guys before any damage is done!

Progress is looking solid to. Apart from the yoga. I can't shake the image of you in yoga pants now lol

You cling on to that yoga pants image, it will keep you going thru rehab LOL

I was more worried about my good arm once I'd recovered from my op altho the nature of that injury and repair was a complete relocation of the tendon and if anything a stronger reattachment. But I won't lie, it probably took a good year before I was completely free of it being on mind. I got relatively confident I was safe a bit before that but it was certainly always there niggling at my conscience for a good year. I think that's only natural but the catch is that that fear is almost more risky than acting like nothing happened (after a certain point) as you always risk compromising something to protect it which leads to other problems. Was it able to be reattached keeping function and aesthetics? Definitely a plus you got seen to so quickly, distal requires almost instant surgery for minimal long term impact, proximal isn't such a stress.

Grandson stuff is just a ballache. Legal meeting for them all tomorrow, but fvcking social gave them the legal letter for the date YESTERDAY, they were meant to get a 2 weeks heads up. They're all as useless as each other (but I am assuming TH isn't lieing about when he got the letter, so who knows). My Mrs keeps trying to see the best in them but the kid lost weight again over the last 2 weeks and he's already underweight and under scrutiny to make sure he puts it on... but "they are trying" I am told. It's not fvcking good enough, but I guess he's not my blood so I can have a little more of a 'fvck them' attitude without consequence.

Anyway, I could rant for hours on that LOL

I could imagine. Trouble is know it all c*nts know it all so you're banging your head against a brick wall even trying.

Bi seems to look ok. It's a little higher at the elbow now but I think that's just down to the loss of size and the surgeon thinks it'll come back. It looks better than it did up in my armpit though lol. I was more shocked that my tricep, forearms and delt vanished so badly. Tri came back and looks ok already but forearm is still pathetic. Patience. It's given me a good break as I was pretty beat up from pushing for so long and I've not really lost strength in what I can train even though I'm only running 250mg every 14 days so all is good for my big comeback.

It will all come back and much of it quite quickly... altho any post injury abnormalities may then start to show. I've had to accept that my left arm will never have the peak it once had and like my right still does, oddly tho, as it's caused the bicep to hang lower when relaxed my left looks bigger altho in reality it's a good half inch smaller. Strength wise tho there is no notable difference beyond usual left to right discrepancies we all have

So after all the morning dramas picking the grandson up thru rush-hour so the twats could have their meeting etc I eventually made it to the gym an hour behind schedule but didn't want to drag it out like I tend to. Weighed in at 113 dead.

Elevated Belt Squats: 10x20, 10x40, 6x60, 80x16, 14, 13
Leg Extensions: 10x#12, #15+5kg x20, 16, 14, 12
DB Ham Curls: 15 x15, 13, 13
Single Leg Ham Curl: #4x13, 12, 12
Seated Calf Raise: 10x40, 57.5x17, 15, 12, 11
Tricep Cable Ext (x-over): #3+2.5kg x20, 15, 14
Decline Smith CG: 10x60, 72.5x18, 15, 14

Good little rumble this morning. Still did a quick bit of broga and ready to go. Upped belt squats by 5, made a point to try and not keep steady by holding the bar or plates which certainly seemed to make it harder, still hit decent reps and just about tipping volume up. Quads feeling it. Upped ext too, log only has 3 sets in it but I am sure I did 4 so I have guessed what I think I did, will have to ensure 4 sets next week now whatever, all good tho and nicely focused form. Then a change, not risking the sore knee issues I had last week so gave a go to ham curls with a DB, very weird and kept cramping at first but a good feel to it once you connect with the mechanics. Single work was done standing, none of the odd niggles I was getting last time I did them standing thankfully, good tech and paused the reps too. Hard work after the DB stuff. Just a small increase on calf work but reps were good and there was an extra set tagged on for good measure. Tricep work moved well, just did the same weight on ext but reps were up, next week will see a 4th in there. CG was odd, 1st set was well up for no real reason and with more weight (maybe the SBD wraps) held on fine after too.

112.6 this morning, same as last Friday. Brisk cycle to gym but all good to go.

Incline BB Bench (45deg): x20, 10x40, 8x60, 82.5x17, 15, 14
Cable X Over: #6+2.5kg x16, 13, 13, 12
Land Mine V Rows: 10x50, 80x15, 14, 13
V-Bar Pull Downs: 8x#10, #13x16, 13, 13
Dumb Bell Curls: 17.5s x16, 13, 13

Mobilised up and ready to go. Shoulder as usual not liking the lighter warm up sets but seemed to settle in to place on the heavy work. Same weight this week, not risking getting carried away, but reps came out well ad quite comfortably got an extra rep on each set with no real fear of over-cooking it. Went a bit heavier on X overs, cost me a rep or 2 but did an extra set to make it all up, still repped them out pretty smartly. Rowing weight stayed where it was, lower back feeling a bit 'pumped' too but was 3 reps for the good today and felt strong enough on them. VPD had the same weight too, and also 3 reps for the good. Back work all done a bit quicker than last week too I reckon. Finally biceps, first set flew and finished 4 reps better with no real problems getting them in.

Seemed to have got a bit of sciatic niggling this weekend, bit of a tight glute after Saturday's jab so I suspect it stems from that. Feeling good otherwise, weigh in was 112.4, quite heavy for a Monday.

Calf Presses: 12x80, 12x120, 8x160, 220x20, 19, 17, 16, 15
Leg Press: 8x220, 280x22, 17, 15, 14
Back Squats (elevated): 8x60, 6x80, 102.5x15, 12, 10
Hack Good Mornings: 8x60, 120x20, 18, 17, 16
EZ Curls: 8x27.5, 40x15, 12, 10, 10

Moving well on the broga to begin with. Leg press machine felt heavy today, dunno why, but upped the calf work and got the reps out pretty well anyway. Thankfully it stopped feeling heavy for my leg pressing with a very smart first set even with a little sciatica, half way thru I started to get an achy left knee tho so the last 2 sets where a bit uncomfy and awkward (glute jab related? dunno, will monitor tho). Was anxious this would continue thru squats and while not perfect it wasn't too bad. What wasn't good was the extra 2000kg of volume on the leg press tho as squats were tough and struggled to match reps which is not the best sign. Sciatica kicking in here too. GMs also a little nerve triggery but a good weight jump and seemed to nail the hams better with a heel lift levelling the platform out. Upped biceps weight and they seemed to go quite strong.

After coming close to throttling my son over the phone last night due to his ridiculously childish and giving up attitude over his maths homework (in what looked like primary level maths questions IMO) I was primed for some good work today, fingers crossed. Weight was 112.4 still, thought I'd be lighter as the desk treats left over from xmas etc have all been drained now so I have to remember that in theory I need to replace a few hundred cals back.... may not worry tho TBH, not religiously anyway, near the end now and could do with just cleaning this up so if I can stay around this weight but look better that'll be a nice finish.

Flat BB Bench: 10x40, 8x60, 5x80, 105x13, 12, 10, 8
X-over Hi: #4+1kg x22, 17, 16, 16
Parallel Wide Push Down: #15x18, 17, 16
Rope OH Ext: #10x19, 14, 14, 13
Laying Rope SLR: #2+1kg x23, 19, 16, 15

Interestingly broga felt really mobile, but warm up pressing felt really pinchy in my shoulder. Heavy sets then felt pretty much fine. I must remember to check my ego tho as I upped benching again and I really should have stuck at 102.5, but what's done is done but I'm already on the weight I maxed my over-reach week out on last time I BB benched and doing at least the same reps (if not a bit more) with a couple in the bank. so not all bad. X overs just had an extra 1kg a side on but total reps were the same. Felt good and shoulder was better this week here. PDs had the same weight, was looking at 4 sets but TBH I was 6 reps better this week and comfortably too so I'll save that 4th set for next week's weight increase. Upped OH rope as reps were high last week and not dropping, locked form in and did a 4th set so at least one of them had a more significant volume jump. SLRs felt good today, shoulder quite tolerant of the work I had done and got good focus, like x overs just a 1kg increase, did drop 1 rep on last week but still 3 or 4 above volume matching requirements.

Back