What Press?

my mate managed to swing the 15kg's up on his wu set and took a right knock to his head.

see a few people get one db up then get passed another one. just throws my balance off completly.
I hate having dumbells taken off me when I've finished a set - throws the balence off. I prefer to lower them to my knees and stand up.

my mate managed to swing the 15kg's up on his wu set and took a right knock to his head.

see a few people get one db up then get passed another one. just throws my balance off completly.

That's what had happened to me when I was 19. Couldn't train thanks to shoulder injury for more than a year and would get shoulder pain until 4 years ago. Let alone the pain in my head back then :lol:

The Love Machine said:
you nearly got neg repped for those lifts! lol

x2

:biggrin:

Lol why???

the use of excessive, impressive weights moved!
glare.gif

I was pressing 42.5kg for DB shoulder press not so long ago, before dieting i may add, my strength is shit now.

However, getting those dumbells up to shoulder height is risking and injury, which is why i stopped doing them.

I must try and get hold of a pair of those power hook things to put on the dumbell, i think when you train on your own, they are a must, and they look fairly good, albeit very expensive.

I was pressing 42.5kg for DB shoulder press not so long ago, before dieting i may add, my strength is shit now.

However, getting those dumbells up to shoulder height is risking and injury, which is why i stopped doing them.

I must try and get hold of a pair of those power hook things to put on the dumbell, i think when you train on your own, they are a must, and they look fairly good, albeit very expensive.

?

very good idea!

<div><br></div><div>edit : just seen em on ebay for £40 - bit steep i think!&nbsp;</div>

Last edited by a moderator:
so a mixed bag then! tried a set of standing BTN press today at the end of training and it felt good, not sure if it would be a bit dodgy with more weight but may try next week :smile:

Back