wide grip upright rows

alright folks..

Due to a problem with my wrist, im wanting to remove OHP from my back/shoulder routine (the angle i bend my wrist to is causing a lot of pain) so ive been looking for suggestions on what to replace it with.

so far ive come up with removing ohp and adding wide grip upright rows and side raises instead.

I wondered what you lot thought of the wide grip rows and if you have any other suggestions?

alright folks..

Due to a problem with my wrist, im wanting to remove OHP from my back/shoulder routine (the angle i bend my wrist to is causing a lot of pain) so ive been looking for suggestions on what to replace it with.

so far ive come up with removing ohp and adding wide grip upright rows and side raises instead.

I wondered what you lot thought of the wide grip rows and if you have any other suggestions?

do it with dumbells, its alot easier on the wrists.

Agree with the bumbells. My wrist click with old age and I have to use dumbells for upright rowing. It allows me to angle the wrist at any angle throughout the row motion.

Yeah, I use dumbbells too. I keep them at my sides and use quite a small ROM. It's a far more comfortable and natural than a traditional barbell upright row IME, but they hit the shoulder differently so may not be what you're after.

I like lateral raises, they really hit the shoulder and traps. I also like bent over laterals for the rear delts.

i suggested them as i think he`s been holding the bar too loosely and allowing his hands to bend back too much.

i think this has less to do with hand placement than has been suggested..as in swapping to DB`s.

i`m not a fan of upright rows especially wide grip ones but it does change a pushing movement into a pulling one hopefully allowing his wrists to recover..

btw i did try some wide grip upright rows the other day and they didnt seem to hit my shoulders at all lol

(wabba seemed to think they were a trap and shoulder exercise)

Neutral Grip(palms facing each other) DB Press. In the meantime strenghten your wrists then you go back to the best sho builder OHP.

Back