1Tonne Bulk Log

1Tonne

Top Contributor
Well been gone a long time, hope you all are well.

Just want somewhere to log and keep details. Pipe in an call me a cunt whenever, its all fun and games.

Been a hectic year between working, partners mother passing away at 52 (wtf) and buying a house. Lots of highs married with lows at the same time. What should have been a huge stepping stone for both of us was sadly marred with some terrible happenings. Onwards and upwards tho. Relationship is still solid, kinda trying for a baby, all that shit.

So where am I at.

First off, I'm fat. Acknowledged.

Weight is 211lbs. Shameful but first to admit the last 6 months eating as been abysmal.

I did sort my diet out around 4 weeks ago. But thought I was consuming circa 2500 cals, unwittingly and stupidly not realising my rice/ pasta nutrition data was when cooked and not uncooked. So when I thought I was having 75g carbs, I was Infact putting back around 220g post workout. Surprisingly, my weight didnt really alter. In 3 weeks I went up 2lb.

I should have known better, the meals were large but brain just didnt click. What did happen tho is my strength flew up. So no complaints. Daily carb intake for those three weeks was circa 360g a day. Atleast I know what I can get away with.

Current diet is kinda IIFYM. I have no limit on type of food, as long as I hit desired macro breakdown. Not worried about micro, I'm hardly in the condition where I need to.

Current macro -
Mon - fri - 70g fat - 250g carb - 210g pro
Sat/sun - 115g fat - sub 20g carb - 200g pro

All carbs are around workout. 50g before, 50-75g during - 125-150g post.

Gone back to 5 x a week training, full body splits. Big compounds x 2 , isolation x 3. I made the best progress doing this in first two years before I tried to drop volume and up intensity. I don't think I have the mindset at times to do what needs doing in less time. I'm going back to what worked and seeing how it goes.

And that's about it.

First goal - get to 200lbs whilst holding strength. Should be there in a month.Let the games begin.

Only large compound I am not doing is squats. Left knee hasn't been right for over 8 months now. Is like glass grinding behind my knee cap. Anything over 60kg its there and any confidence I had is gone. Deadlifts are a no at moment as enjoying rack pulls too much.

Meh, If you follow, you'll catch the drift.

Cheers

Posted using fat fingers

Last edited:
Today's session - chest

Chest

Incline db press
Warm up x 12kg - lots
20 x 14
26 x 10
32.5 x 8
40 x 3 + 2ass DS 12 x 10/7 (PB)

Incline db fly (aim for 20)
12 x 17
14 x 15
16 x 12

Flat bench.(no bar)
30 x 16
40 x 9
50 x 5

Cable cross over from top
10 x 22
15 x 16
20 x 7

Cable cross bottom upwards
5 x 18
7.5 x 12
10 x 7 DS 5 x 8

Once home - 10mins cycling on static bike.

Kk, current system is on large compounds rep range of 12/10/8/6.

Once 6 is hit, more up in weight. Last week I hit 37.5 for 6 and this was first time hitting the 40s.

Have never db pressed that weight so I know its nothing to some but I felt great finally getting there. Had to get someone to put it in hand as couldn't quite get it up solo

Flat bench is same as incline.

The rest is all 20 reps aim and move up once lightest weight hits it.

For me, this seems to be working. So shall continue on.

Anyhow, is good to be back :)

Posted using fat fingers

Last edited:
Today's diet as example (I'm working in a place with no food cooking capabilities .

10am - 20g evoo / 50g whey
1pm - 20g evoo / 50g whey
3pm - 60g oats / 50g whey
Train - 250ml red bull and 300ml lucozade (circa 75g carbs)
7pm - prob 140g uncooked rice, curry sauce and 200g chicken.

Rice will be dependent on calories from sauce.

As I say, its IIFYM so I might have more intra and less post. Or depending on post meal, less intra.

Currently prefer this way, as I just adjust my final meal to suit the day.

Don't really...well at all lol...snack on chocolate or crap. The red bill will be cut out slowly, is only lately as working 6am - 5pm and training straight away.

Anyway, that's enough shit talking.

Posted using fat fingers

hey buddy good to see youre back, sorry to hear about the Mrs' Mother matey and cool re the buying of a house but then I am not quite sure if I am also sorry to hear about that lol... big job a house... be following as per fatty :D

oh and ps... you sure about kids mate, I can lend you mine for a couple of days... that will probably cure you of any delusions you may have about having kids :D

Hey Darren, hope your well mate.

Kids lol, she wants them, but at same time, she works in London, so up at 5am and not home til 7pm every day. So come weekends, she's up at 7am to go to gym, the is normally dead to te world by 9pm,

Luckily, I do t have the highest of sex drives either so it works :P when I say trying for kids, we work around her cycle so this week we are almost forcing ourselves to try every night.

She is looking for a job locally now as after 6yrs of commuting has had enough. I can't blame her to be honest. Just need a job that's right and pays enough as being self employed, if work is slow, she has to cover with her wages. When work is solid, I pay the mortgage to make up for it.

It works :)

The other thing is, its been 6 months but the death of her mother just killed our sex life if honest. How do you come on to a girl that is talking about missing her mum in the evenings and having the odd cry. Kinda really tough to be that guy. She's getting better tho now and last few weeks things seem to be better so fingers crossed the whole baby making thing actually takes off, whereas at the moment its more talk and less action lol. Again tho, luckily I'm not a sex mad lad so its no major issue. I'm just glad she's getting on with her life best she can. Couldn't ask for more.

The house lol, holy shit you do t even realise when money goes. We have been here 3 months now and finally about done in main bedroom decorating. Just needs carpet to go in. And furniture bought. Having to go slow so money doesn't run dry.

Its the garden I want doing. Need new patio 4m squared tiles to go down, and new back fence. Yes I could do it, but rather pay a grand for a solid job, than 300 for a 1tonne special that needs redoing a year later.

Once the tiles and fence are done, I can do the rest of the plans (sleepers around outside for raised flower beds, built in seats to sleepers as garden chairs and brick BBQ built in also.

Can't wait, but again, need to get money is as we go. If its done by height of summer for BBQ season then I'll be a very happy chap.

How's life going with you bud?

Posted using fat fingers

Its a hard task mate but sometimes intimacy can be comforting (but thats hard enough to figure out tbh)... yeah my mrs also works in London mate, she would love to work locally but there just is no way she would get anything near what she does in the city... when we did the kid thing I stopped work and became a house husband... its shit tbh and much harder work than you think... but its worked and our kids are pretty good... the house thing is just never ending mate... we are always doing stuff and its soaks up as much money as you can throw at it... then the wind comes and blows down half your fence lol... still when its yours and you have it just the way you like it... its great...

I is pretty good mate, things with the mrs are going well, kids doing well in school mostly and I am starting to do some personal training/coaching so thats going ok... could do with winning the lottery though :D

I know what you mean. Think all relationships become more about just having someone to share your life with more than anything else. And she's perfect. Wouldn't change her for the world.

Winning the lottery!! Not a lot to ask ;)

I have a friend , doesn't talk a lot but he's a good guy. Hasn't worked for a year. About 3 months ago I said to him "its been 7months since you last worked , you must be running out of money by now no?"

To which he replied, as dry as ever and zero emotion "didnt I tell you I won 20k on the lottery 2 weeks ago"

Didn't know what to say lol. Jammy git.

Know what you mean about the house. Always something to do, but once bedroom and garden are done, I'll be very happy as the house itself needs very little work. Another 5k and it will be done for now.

Glad things are good for you buddy.

Posted using fat fingers

Still a fat cunt I see lmao

Sorry to hear about the happenings in your life mate.

Good to see you back

Pot...kettle JB :P

Good to be back. And give me a break. I cracked 40kg on incline today. Least I'm getting somewhere again ;)

Can't be helped, life happens. Just gotta head down ass up....wait that's not right is it... :D

Glad your well bud. Where you working at moment?

Posted using fat fingers

Pot...kettle JB :P

Good to be back. And give me a break. I cracked 40kg on incline today. Least I'm getting somewhere again ;)

Can't be helped, life happens. Just gotta head down ass up....wait that's not right is it... :D

Glad your well bud. Where you working at moment?

Posted using fat fingers

Like you say mate that's life it is shit then you die....

Up in sweaty Scotland for a few more weeks then heading to sunny Kent haha for a few month stopping down in new Romney also got a few nights in Ashford here n there if you fancy a Wonder down one night me and @Greyphantom might let you train with us one night lmao

That sounds good. Train then pub dinner!!

Posted using fat fingers

Reactions: JB
well the gym is pretty exclusive... but then I let those fart arse northerners in :D

it would be train, nachoes then sleep cos we train hard here mate... :D

Reactions: JB
Back