Andy's First Comp Journal

LOL-It would'nt be if I tried it.
I am more of a 10 pint shuffle dancer:D
Up and wide awake so just had the 1st 75g of carbs(oats) and it did'nt even touch the sides:)

At least I have got another 15 meals to go.:D
Weight 6lb up from start of last carb up so bang on to make 80kg taking into account earlier weigh in.

How are those carbs going down mate? Best thing ever I'd say! Don't know how you split your meals down so small. I need big hits of carbs otherwise don't feel like I'm doing anything! lol 200g of oats just did the job :D

Your weight sounds in a good place just make sure you don't go over too much. Don't want any last minute stress about making weight!

How are those carbs going down mate? Best thing ever I'd say! Don't know how you split your meals down so small. I need big hits of carbs otherwise don't feel like I'm doing anything! lol 200g of oats just did the job :D

Your weight sounds in a good place just make sure you don't go over too much. Don't want any last minute stress about making weight!

It is mate.
Funny thing though all the carbs are making me feel tired now:D
Its carbs every hour today to the every 1.5 tomorrow and back to 2hrs Fri.
I have always struggled with bigger meals(i am only little so get full easy you know) so even in the offseason tend to have 7/8 smaller meals each day.
I would struggle with 200g of oats in one sitting.
Have you started your carb up now then?
Gym owner said weight will be fine and everything else he has said has been spot on so just gonna go with the plan.
He has given me a few options if weight is tight on sat morning though:D

@Rotsocks yes the carb up started this morning. Loving it. 7
meals @ just over 1kg of carbs today. Lots of oats, few spuds and rice cakes too. Love it now, don't feel
like I'm dieting!
It's at this point you can really relax and enjoy and appreciate what we have accomplished. Buzzing for the stage now!!! :)

I started carbohydrate loading at 3pm after 5.5 days depletion.
Had 150g oats, didn't touch the sides, I had another 150g 40 minutes later.

@Rotsocks yes the carb up started this morning. Loving it. 7
meals @ just over 1kg of carbs today. Lots of oats, few spuds and rice cakes too. Love it now, don't feel
like I'm dieting!
It's at this point you can really relax and enjoy and appreciate what we have accomplished. Buzzing for the stage now!!! :)

Yes mate all the hard work is done now.
Its amazing the difference a few carbs make to your well being is'nt it
Time to relax get ready and enjoy the weekend now
They make flapjacks at our works canteen and one flavour is Mars Bar made with the obvious ingredient along with butter,syrup,sugar etc so very sweet and can remember you saying you had 4 Mars Bars before stage at Leamington so did you want me to bring you a couple across.

I started carbohydrate loading at 3pm after 5.5 days depletion.
Had 150g oats, didn't touch the sides, I had another 150g 40 minutes later.

Lol-You gonna suck it up pal.
What's rest of plan:)

IIRC we are in same hotel so will be good to meet in person.

Lol-You gonna suck it up pal.
What's rest of plan:)

IIRC we are in same hotel so will be good to meet in person.

yes i'm at the same hotel,I won't arrive until late Friday as I pick the mrs up from Heathrow at 5pm then head straight to Manchester from there.
She's flying in from Nigeria to support me.
It will be good to meet with you and Silverchair,we are all inters but different weight category.
Ill keep the carbs coming tomorrow,I will know when i'm full enough.sodium levels are rock bottom now so little danger of spilling over,cramp has been a problem this evening,I have been spooning in potassium rich molasses and bananas .I doubt it will help much it's more than likely the low sodium causing it.

yes i'm at the same hotel,I won't arrive until late Friday as I pick the mrs up from Heathrow at 5pm then head straight to Manchester from there.
She's flying in from Nigeria to support me.
It will be good to meet with you and Silverchair,we are all inters but different weight category.
Ill keep the carbs coming tomorrow,I will know when i'm full enough.sodium levels are rock bottom now so little danger of spilling over,cramp has been a problem this evening,I have been spooning in potassium rich molasses and bananas .I doubt it will help much it's more than likely the low sodium causing it.

Think cutting my sodium 2 days before show caused some of my flatness and lack of vasculaity along with some calf cramping on stage so just tapering it down to show day this time then reintroduce with eggs am and last 2 meals before stage.

Think cutting my sodium 2 days before show caused some of my flatness and lack of vasculaity along with some calf cramping on stage so just tapering it down to show day this time then reintroduce with eggs am and last 2 meals before stage.

Sodium has been low for me for 5 days and have been drinking litre upon litre of evian to flush it out further.I will eat a huge salty pizza Friday night,12 hours after cutting water.

Sodium has been low for me for 5 days and have been drinking litre upon litre of evian to flush it out further.I will eat a huge salty pizza Friday night,12 hours after cutting water.

Bet you looking forward to that mate:D
Clean carbs seem to work for me but would like to try this method one day.

It's very good,once the bloodstream has salt in it, water is needed to digest it,if the only available water left is under the skin that's where it is pulled from,thus drying you out.
You don't seem to have a problem getting dry anyhow.
But yes I am looking forward to the pizza,there is a pizzahut around the corner from the hotel

Yes mate all the hard work is done now.
Its amazing the difference a few carbs make to your well being is'nt it
Time to relax get ready and enjoy the weekend now
They make flapjacks at our works canteen and one flavour is Mars Bar made with the obvious ingredient along with butter,syrup,sugar etc so very sweet and can remember you saying you had 4 Mars Bars before stage at Leamington so did you want me to bring you a couple across.

Thats very kind re the flap jack mate. Sounds amazing! I probs won't have one pre stage but if you wanted to bring me one I'm sure I'd eat it post show lol!! :)
How's day 2'of carb up going? I'm starting to fill up now just monitoring in the mirror look and bloat. Feeing good tho. Hope alls well with you. Tomorrow we'll be up there then sat its game time! Exciting!

It's very good,once the bloodstream has salt in it, water is needed to digest it,if the only available water left is under the skin that's where it is pulled from,thus drying you out.
You don't seem to have a problem getting dry anyhow.
But yes I am looking forward to the pizza,there is a pizzahut around the corner from the hotel

Makes sense but wanted to kept everything as simple as possible last time.
Yes there are plenty of places to eat around there.
Will be having my RibEye and Chips and wine in TGI's or Frankie and Benny's on Fri night

Back