Back To Where I Belong....

Just been reading some of the other pages, your doing good, very impressive!
You enjoying doing higher rep accessory work, and are they chosen geared around weak points or just for all round strength and performance at this point ?
I'm still umming and ahhing about madcows or 531 to start back with, seeing all the accessory work you guys are doing is swinging me to wendlers a lot.

Have a nice evening, and enjoy your dinner tonight, youve earned it with 2 pbs !
Wendlers and Madcow are good starting points ...My workout is geared towards me personally...What is working for me , might not work for you. Just pick one and stick with it for a while and if your not progressing try another one.

Yeah I figured they were specific accessories for yourself.

Have you got used to not having knee sleeves now ?
I ask because I've never used anything other than straps, and as I want to compete I'm determined that I never let them see sunlight again !
Do you notice if the sleeves really make much of a difference now they're not on ?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to all the equipment you guys who pl seem to use

Yeah I figured they were specific accessories for yourself.

Have you got used to not having knee sleeves now ?
I ask because I've never used anything other than straps, and as I want to compete I'm determined that I never let them see sunlight again !
Do you notice if the sleeves really make much of a difference now they're not on ?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to all the equipment you guys who pl seem to use
No worries ask away!

At first without knee sleeves it was bit awkward to determine depth, it still is a little but getting better at it.

Knee sleeves are good I would squat with them but the federation I'm competing doesn't allow them for raw lifters so I don't want to rely on them too much.

They def improved my lifts a little, I think they give me a bit of extra confidence .

Thanks for the reply @Northern Lass , I want to compete raw anyway so I'm sticking to chalk and clean underpants from now on !

My squat depth has always been good, my old gym only had a squat rack with the safety bars at the side, rather than a power rack, so I've always made sure I go low enough to look myself in the eye underneath the horizontal part of the rack, although I'm guessing judging that in comp is a lot harder.

Thanks for the reply @Northern Lass , I want to compete raw anyway so I'm sticking to chalk and clean underpants from now on !

My squat depth has always been good, my old gym only had a squat rack with the safety bars at the side, rather than a power rack, so I've always made sure I go low enough to look myself in the eye underneath the horizontal part of the rack, although I'm guessing judging that in comp is a lot harder.
I hope you do wear clean underwear :lol:

Don't squat in front of mirror if you can help it because on comp day there are no mirrors

Only when the old lady next door hangs her washing out

That's a good point, but my gym is mirrored wall to wall !
Maybe I'll get some sunglasses and stick paper over the middle's - or just pinch two pairs of granny pants for squat day and stick one over my head

Cracking squats yesterday!!! To be fair rack was far from ideal, in front of a mirror and short rests so like we said if can do it in those conditions wont be fazed if something is 'off' at a comp such as a shitty platform or rack etc.

@Beefee personally id do wendlers. Get strong on a variety of movements this will only help the big 3, as well as making you stronger all round. Dont get caught up in the 'only lifts that matter are the big 3'. Sure they are the ones you should spend most time and look to excel at but you can do this whilst being strong at a variety of other compound/isolation exercises making you an all round stronger person.

@Dig
Thanks mate, I'm putting it all together now, and going to get a journal started for next week. I do like a bit of variety anyway, so enjoying its a big factor anyway.

@Northern Lass
Good luck lifting today, are there going to be more pbs ?

CGBP
WU
Bar x 10
30 x 5
40 x 3
45 x 2

50 x 3
55 x 3
60 2 x 6 reps ( these felt really easy, I could have done at least another 2 or 3 reps :) )

55 x 11 (PB for reps)

OHP
30 x 8
30 x 8
30 x 15( PB for reps)

Deadstop EZ EXT
27 x 10
24.5 x 12
24.5 x 10
24.5 x 8
20 x 15

Push downs
3 x 15 @ 20kg

I was feeling like super woman today..I couldn't believe how easy 60kg felt, I really could have done 2 or 3 reps more on the bench press. Same with the OHP it felt too easy... and managed 15 reps on the last set, def looks like my strength is going in the right direction. Triceps were pumped to the sky heavens :D

Back