Be Your Own Bodybuilding Coach

Ian66

Been looking at buying this book, does anyone own it or read it, and would they recommend it? Thanks in advance for your help.
8B48F4B4-35F0-4F99-BACF-C1F6906EF252.png

Lift weights
Eat well (high protein, mod - high carb, low - mod fat)
Rest as required

I’ve saved you some money

I’ve been training for years and think that I need some ideas for different workouts and motivation. Thought that a good book would give me some fresh ideas instead of some online coaching.

I’ve been training for years and think that I need some ideas for different workouts and motivation. Thought that a good book would give me some fresh ideas instead of some online coaching.

I think online coaching would give fresher ideas as will change.
I bought a book once. After I read it 3 times to really drum it in it kinda got stale. Plus if you don’t like something you can’t change it.

I’d rather run his upper/lower routine instead of buy the book tbh

I think online coaching would give fresher ideas as will change.
I bought a book once. After I read it 3 times to really drum it in it kinda got stale. Plus if you don’t like something you can’t change it.

I’d rather run his upper/lower routine instead of buy the book tbh
I’ve started watching some of his you tube videos so hopefully I’ll get some ideas in them. I’m certainly more of a doer when it comes to training/nutrition than spending hours doing my own research due to basically not having enough time in my days.

Been looking at buying this book, does anyone own it or read it, and would they recommend it? Thanks in advance for your help. View attachment 73702
I have it somewhere in my computer, I can dig it out. Never actually read it fully, just a quick skim as it's about actual competitive bodybuilding prep, which I'm not that interested in. It's a bit more than just "eat protein, lift weights, etc ". So I'd only recommend it if you're actually looking to go on stage, not very useful for just hobbybuilding.

I have it somewhere in my computer, I can dig it out. Never actually read it fully, just a quick skim as it's about actual competitive bodybuilding prep, which I'm not that interested in. It's a bit more than just "eat protein, lift weights, etc ". So I'd only recommend it if you're actually looking to go on stage, not very useful for just hobbybuilding.

agreed.
masses of info from Dr Scott free to find online also.

I’m just looking to get in the best shape possible for my age as I’m in my mid 50’s. I’m a bit old fashioned and like a book to refer too.

I’m just looking to get in the best shape possible for my age as I’m in my mid 50’s. I’m a bit old fashioned and like a book to refer too.
Same situation, I don't how to start eather. A little bit fat, but I did't think fat is a bad idea for bobybuilding. So any idea would be appreciated. For now I just start my diet and workout. But I did not have a goal. Like what I surpose to finish, what should I do

Lift weights
Eat well (high protein, mod - high carb, low - mod fat)
Rest as required

I’ve saved you some money

This, any book, YouTube video, online coach or personal trainer is gonna tell you to do this in different ways.

But all roads lead to the same city.

This, any book, YouTube video, online coach or personal trainer is gonna tell you to do this in different ways.

But all roads lead to the same city.
I think you're underestimating what's involved in getting ready for an actual bodybuilding competition. It's not something I'd every be interested in doing but I can appreciate that is not as simple as just lifting weights and eating protein. There's a big difference between getting big and reasonably lean and coming in at 6% bodyfat, dried out and full of glycogen for a single particular day.

This book is great to be honest knowledge is power it will help guide you to structure your workouts and refine your diet
there is a couple of books by Chris Aceto worth looking at

Back