Can muscles adapt to extreme physical strain without adequate protein?

Cheers for all the info bud :beer:

So when you say

Is this where the use of steriods can make a difference? (Again im not planning on using, nor do I have anything against using - just to be clear :) )

yes... aas can take you past your genetic limits but they themselves imho are inclined to be genetically limited in the fact that some will react far better than others... pure anecdotal on my part but it makes sense...

yes... aas can take you past your genetic limits but they themselves imho are inclined to be genetically limited in the fact that some will react far better than others... pure anecdotal on my part but it makes sense...

Thanks Gp. Its great getting all this info on here. I was training last night with @MILSY and I was saying that I used to just go to the gym 2 times a week and do bicep curls and tri extensions, not caring about diet and nutrition etc.... But now ive got into Powerlifting and actually made training a part of my life, I wana make the most of it, so soaking up diet info, training info and general knowledge is helping me understand how to improve constantly. :thumb:

if youve just started powerlifting then you cant go past a 5x5 style routine or wendlers or similar... forget all the little isolation movments except for in terms of assistance work and get strong on the big lifts...

Reactions: JB
if youve just started powerlifting then you cant go past a 5x5 style routine or wendlers or similar... forget all the little isolation movments except for in terms of assistance work and get strong on the big lifts...

I am mate - current stats are:

Bodyweight: 77kg
Height 6ft 2

1rms:
Squat: 90kg
Bench: 95kg
Dealift: 140kg

Dont worry I'm taking good care of him on the training front expecting a big deadlift in the future when you take into account wilson's leverages

I think they can adapt, we have a guy at our gym who's full on vegan and tbh he's in pretty good shape, decent amount of muscle and very lean, obviously he'd have a lot more mass with more protein in his diet. He says he aims to get 30g protein a day!

I think they can adapt, we have a guy at our gym who's full on vegan and tbh he's in pretty good shape, decent amount of muscle and very lean, obviously he'd have a lot more mass with more protein in his diet. He says he aims to get 30g protein a day!

30g a day - not a lot at all!! Wonder what kind of stuff they take? Plant proteins like peas and beans?

Jesus! Get him on here! Lol :thumb: would be interesting to hear a completely different viewpoint.

I'm mates with him on Facebook and he has some gigantic debates with some people about being vegan, can be quite annoying as he's pretty pushy with it. One status he posted ended up 100+ comments long lol

I'm mates with him on Facebook and he has some gigantic debates with some people about being vegan, can be quite annoying as he's pretty pushy with it. One status he posted ended up 100+ comments long lol

Hed cause an uproar on here with all the carnivores then! :D Pushy though... Wouldnt get far on here lol

Back