"deep" Thinking

I've got the headspace mp3's if that's of interest.

Easiest thing would be to start using that and see if you feel it's beneficial IMO anyway.

This in a nutshell.

Download the app, do the 10 day free trial and see what you think.

It made a huge difference to me that I signed up for a year (was about £50), so about 14p per day.

14p a day to possibly change your thought process!

Best thing I've done.

It works to focus on acknowledging thoughts, not running away with them, simply labelling them, not indulging if you will.

There's countless packs to do, from anxiety, depression, acceptance, health, relationships etc.

Give it a whirl. Matt put me on to it about a year ago, and I think people who say they haven't got 10 mins a day are full of shit :)

They'll say that, yet they'll be on Facebook, watching tele, picking their arse etc :)

Fucking get rid mate-all Facebook is is an advert for how awesome people want their lives to look.

Best thing i ever did was get rid of Television, its all "downer" stuff. Media sensationalizes events, 99% of the time only report on the horrendous and harmful things humans inflict on each other etc etc.
Within a few days of no-idiot-box I found I was appreciably happier.
The benefits got re-affirmed a couple years ago when I was at my folks house for Christmas and they were watching some Soap or another and it was all about a guy pouring petrol over himself and threatening to burn himself alive!
I mean, THAT constitutes compulsive viewing, on Christmas day, for most families! ... WTF?!

Best thing i ever did was get rid of Television, its all "downer" stuff. Media sensationalizes events, 99% of the time only report on the horrendous and harmful things humans inflict on each other etc etc.
The benefits got re-affirmed a couple years ago when I was at my folks house for Christmas and they were watching some Soap or another and it was all about a guy pouring petrol over himself and threatening to burn himself alive!
I mean, THAT constitutes compulsive viewing, on Christmas day, for most families! ... WTF?!
Have to agree... I do watch football etc but never watch news programmes or anything of the nature basically just football... But being a everton fan thats also pretty depressin viewing so maybe no tele is better!

Sports are about the only thing where something +ve is reported.
But, as you say, if you're a fan of the team that lost, then not so.
Maybe try sports where you don't care which side wins??

Womens Beach volleyball, for example :lol:

Easiest thing would be to start using that and see if you feel it's beneficial IMO anyway.

Are the available via Dropbox or the like? Im interested

Forgot to mention also there are some great people to follow on You Tube one of my recent favourites is Mooji:

Yeah mate! Hook me up if you could?

Old story, you may have heard it - not mine but seems apt:

There was once a businessman who was sitting by the beach in a small Brazilian village.
As he sat, he saw a Brazilian fisherman rowing a small boat towards the shore having caught quite few big fish.
The businessman was impressed and asked the fisherman, “How long does it take you to catch so many fish?”
The fisherman replied, “Oh, just a short while.”
“Then why don’t you stay longer at sea and catch even more?” The businessman was astonished.
“This is enough to feed my whole family,” the fisherman said.
The businessman then asked, “So, what do you do for the rest of the day?”
The fisherman replied, “Well, I usually wake up early in the morning, go out to sea and catch a few fish, then go back and play with my kids. In the afternoon, I take a nap with my wife, and evening comes, I join my buddies in the village for a drink — we play guitar, sing and dance throughout the night.”

The businessman offered a suggestion to the fisherman.
“I am a PhD in business management. I could help you to become a more successful person. From now on, you should spend more time at sea and try to catch as many fish as possible. When you have saved enough money, you could buy a bigger boat and catch even more fish. Soon you will be able to afford to buy more boats, set up your own company, your own production plant for canned food and distribution network. By then, you will have moved out of this village and to Sao Paulo, where you can set up HQ to manage your other branches.”

The fisherman continues, “And after that?”
The businessman laughs heartily, “After that, you can live like a king in your own house, and when the time is right, you can go public and float your shares in the Stock Exchange, and you will be rich.”
The fisherman asks, “And after that?”
The businessman says, “After that, you can finally retire, you can move to a house by the fishing village, wake up early in the morning, catch a few fish, then return home to play with kids, have a nice afternoon nap with your wife, and when evening comes, you can join your buddies for a drink, play the guitar, sing and dance throughout the night!”
The fisherman was puzzled, “Isn’t that what I am doing now?”

classic Brazilian story, probably also present in other cultures. Someone found the English version, but I could not identify the translator

That is superb - never read that before, cheers for posting!

Its a bit like our gym, charity non profit affair, yet folks cant help throwing their two pence in because they can only see in $$, always telling us what we should do to make more money... we arent interested, we want a good club, with dirt cheap prices for people (one of the most deprived areas in scotland) to train and progress, plus do good for local causes etc. Folks cant get it. Why is progress defined by making more money, its all a bloody hologram

Hmmm

Don't think he is going to make it :lol:

Will watch vid later, on a shit connection just now :)

Check out his channel as a whole there is some great content on there

Reactions: RS
Some good stuff in here, really got me thinking.

My state/frame of mind frustrates me but i don't know how to change it. I'll knowingly waste hours doing inane rubbish, all the while thinking i should be doing something more productive or valuable. Time wasted should have been spent with the kids etc. Even though i know it, i don't do anything about it...

I have a TV but the only thing that we play on that is netflix (Disney movies for the daughter mainly).
I truly hate television especially with adverts!

Back