Eat, Sleep, Train, Repeat.

Lost it at 5ft 7 :rofl:

but nah seriously mate good to see you back posting. one of my fav journals tbh. No mention of the mrs and her hand? Hows she doing? May have missed the post on it though.

LOL. 5ft 7 - that's width mate, not height!!

OK, OK, I'm not blessed in the height department but it's never bothered me, it is what it is.

Cheers, the Mrs is recovering really well. She had the dressings removed and the Doc was well pleased, very quick recovery. She heals real quick.

LOL. 5ft 7 - that's width mate, not height!!

OK, OK, I'm not blessed in the height department but it's never bothered me, it is what it is.

Cheers, the Mrs is recovering really well. She had the dressings removed and the Doc was well pleased, very quick recovery. She heals real quick.

Thats good to hear on both the width and mrs front mate.

See, and people think ZMA's and glutamine is just broscience haha

Now in the final week of training the newbie. I'm really looking forward to training on my own again. I've had to spend a lot of time showing him exercises over and over again but it's been worth it as new door was fitted yesterday and it's really good.

Trained back earlier this evening. It went well.

Pull ups - forgot weight belt so no added weights,

6 sets x 22, 18, 15, 14, 13, 13 - hands just outside shoulder width (which is quite wide in my case:D

All full hang and squeeze at top.

Meadows Rows

Bar + 40kg x 15
+55kg x 12
+75kg x 11 x 10 x 8

Lat Pull down -

V Bar Grip

90kg x 15
100kg x 12, x 11, x 11

Straight Bar Underhand Grip
80kg x 14
90kg x 12, x 12, x 10

Seated Row - Plate loaded machine

40kg per side x 15
55kg per side x 12
65kg per side x 10, x 10

Straight Arm Cable Pulldown

4 sets of TUT to finish

All done.

Size is being added at a good pace. Still feel comfortable and cardio has been added in 3x 30 mins per week.

Those 6 weeks went quick with that guy. Would you pick him up as a client....maybe could fit more bits to the house? Could work out well this little relationship you 2 have going haha

Those 6 weeks went quick with that guy. Would you pick him up as a client....maybe could fit more bits to the house? Could work out well this little relationship you 2 have going haha

Fortunately it was only 4-weeks. And, no, not a chance, I'll leave the PT work to you and I'll focus on my own training LOL.

I trained shoulders yesterday evening.
Although my right shoulder is slowly getting better I’m still avoiding any pressing movements so I don’t aggravate it. I’m estimating that it will probably be another 2 to 3 weeks before I bench or shoulder press.

I trained by myself yesterday which suited me.

Workout went as follows:

Side Delt Raises – using the shoulder press machine

Basically the pin selected seated shoulder press is ideal for hitting the side delts. Stand facing the machine, elbows/forearms under the handles and lift. The plane of movement is good and it’s also perfect for keeping the shoulders under constant tension.

30kg x 20 TUT
45kg x 13 TUT
50kg x 12 TUT, x 12 TUT

Rear Delt Cable Flies

4 sets of TUT
Face Pulls

3 sets of the Stack x 17, 14, 12

Front Cable Raises

With Rope – 22kg x 15 TUT
With Rope – 27kg x 12 TUT
With Straight Bar – 27kg x 11 TUT
With Straight Bar – 31kg x 9 TUT

Upright Rows on Smith

My preferred way to do these and hit the medial delt is wide grip past shoulders, pull to mid chest height (this method minimises the traps taking over IMO)
20kg per side x 20
25kg per side x 18
30kg per side x 14 x 12
15kg per side x ?? TUT – loads

Standing DB side Raises

My preference is very slow tempo, with a ¾ rep range of movement, keeping constant tension on the delts.

6kg x 22 x 20 x 18 x 17

All done, shoulders good and pumped.

How do you find upright rows on your wrists and shoulders?

Ive tried straight bars, ez bar, dumbbells etc and the movement just never agrees. But on the odd occasion it has ive really quite liked it.

How do you find upright rows on your wrists and shoulders?

Ive tried straight bars, ez bar, dumbbells etc and the movement just never agrees. But on the odd occasion it has ive really quite liked it.

I grip the bar with no thumbs with slightly changes the angle and I don't feel it on the wrists. How wide are you going with hand placement and to what height are you pulling the bar up to?

I grip the bar with no thumbs with slightly changes the angle and I don't feel it on the wrists. How wide are you going with hand placement and to what height are you pulling the bar up to?

Grip has varied. Narrow is all wrists, wide is soso. Height is probably shoulder height max in honesty. Although i do find that if i pull it slightly up and away from the body i get a better contraction. Never tried on a smith though. If i remember later today ill try on a smith.

Grip has varied. Narrow is all wrists, wide is soso. Height is probably shoulder height max in honesty. Although i do find that if i pull it slightly up and away from the body i get a better contraction. Never tried on a smith though. If i remember later today ill try on a smith.

Wide will minimise trap involvement and easier on wrist. Try pulling to mid chest as a maximum. Smith or cables actually works better for me over EZY or BB.

Wide will minimise trap involvement and easier on wrist. Try pulling to mid chest as a maximum. Smith or cables actually works better for me over EZY or BB.

Have jotted this down on my sheet for today so will give it ago as got shoulders and arms today. Cheers for that mate.

Had completely forgotten about using a cable for this.

Trained Arms this evening.

Reverse CGBP on the Smith
2warm up
40kg per side x 20
50kg per side x 14
55kg per side x 9, x 8, x 8
Drop set - 50kg per side x 10, 40kg per side x 8, 30kg per side x 18

Cable push downs Straight bar TUT
36kg x 15
41kg x 13
46 kg x 11, 10

Standing Overhead DB extensions - haven't done these for quite some time. Lean on the back of the preacher bench so I can go heavy.

40kg DB x 15
46kg DB x 14
48kg DB x 12, x 12

Standin EZY bar curls

30kg x 20
40kg x 17
50kg x 14
55kg x 11
30kg x 27

Single arm cable preacher curls - all TUT sets

15kg x 15, 14, 12

Rope hammer curls on cables

4 sets of TUT with 31kg
All finished.

Size is still going on well, food is very high. Eating sweet potatoes 5 times per day along with loads of spinach, lentils, split peas and oats. Protein sources are mainly chicken, beef, eggs and whey twice per day. Fats are minimal mainly just eggs. I've taken nuts out of the diet. My body utilises carbs well and I don't suffer any intolerance or carb reactions unless I eat too much wheat. Wheat based foods make me wheeze.

Sounds like the eating plan is going well mate as the size is still going on. Are you still staying leanish?

Sounds like the eating plan is going well mate as the size is still going on. Are you still staying leanish?

Leanish is probably the right phrase LOL. Still got visible top 4 abs and decent cuts in legs, arms etc. Nothing a good 8 week diet wouldn't put right. I'll carry on eating as is for the time being.

Leanish is probably the right phrase LOL. Still got visible top 4 abs and decent cuts in legs, arms etc. Nothing a good 8 week diet wouldn't put right. I'll carry on eating as is for the time being.
Sounds like a good plan to me mate. If you are still growing and have visible abs etc keep it going imo mate. I would be daft to cut back yet.

Back