Eat, Sleep, Train, Repeat.

Sounds like a good plan to me mate. If you are still growing and have visible abs etc keep it going imo mate. I would be daft to cut back yet.

100% agree mate. Will keep bulking until either I get really uncomfortable or add too much fat.

This evening was my mates last session with me. So, I felt as if we should go through as much as possible so I could concentrate on ensuring his lifts and form were on point.

Although I trained it was not a proper workout.

Basically it was 2 sets of everything and then adjusting his errors and repeating.

Pull ups - he's assisted pull ups have gone up 5 notches in 4 weeks
Dips - as above
Upright rows - weight has increased by 10kg
Rear delt cable flies
DB chest flies
Cable flies , high to low
Tricep pushdowns - straight bar
Incline DB curls

Strangely enough he didn't want to run thru squats, SLDL, BOR's or Meadows rows.

He's definelty made improvements and a few people have commented on the fact he's looking tighter with some definition and less fat.

He's promised to carry on training at the same level and intensity. Time will tell.

The guy he normally trains with is a machines only man, all chest and arms LOL. He's back training with him on Monday, again it's now up to him.

As from Monday I'll be back to training by myself which is what I prefer.

Having the weekend off.

Thanks for reading.

I think the guy would be a fool to returning back to his old ways but with his training partner being a machine only man, well.............

Personally I'm also a train alone guy (pffft when I train these days :lol: ) as like having to rely on no one. Plus I don't like spotters as my body gives up too easy. And no standing around chatting, just get on with the job :lol:

I'm sure you've done the guy proud and a minor inconvenience for you but can appreciate the desire to get back to your own thing :thumb:

My body was telling me it needed the rest so I listened to it and didn’t train over the weekend.
We spent the weekend visiting my wife’s parents and brother’s family which was good and then Sunday evening we went out for some Indian food where I made an absolute pig of myself!

I weighed myself yesterday morning and was still bang on 90kg.

Yesterday I trained legs.

Although there was someone in the squat rack where I arrived I know him and he was squatting (nobody doing curls this time!). So jumped in with him which was fortunate.

Made my mind up then and there I was going to focus on squats for most of the session.

My knee’s take a while to warm up so done 1 set of 20 with 60kg & 2 sets of 20 with 80kg just to warm up and get comfortable.

Working sets were:
100kg x 20 – 1 second pause at bottom.
110kg x 18
120kg x 16
130kg x 13 – really pleased with this number of reps – good result for me.
140kg x 9
150kg x 6
100kg x 15
Very happy with my squatting at this time and I feel it’s going well.

GHR on the Lat pull down – feet hooked under the roller

Now these are tough fvckers – no holding on and hand either across the chest or behind the back – definitely gives you an incentive not to fall forward
6 sets – 14, 14, 12, 11, 11, 9

DB Hamstring Curls
22kg x 18
26kg x 15
28kg x 14, 12

Extensions
4 sets of TUT with 40kg – slow tempo, 2 second contraction at top (obviously without locking the knee’s).

Finished with 20 minutes of walking on treadmill at 5kph and max incline.

Completely knackered.

How do you do your DB hammy curls out of interest? Laying on a bench has never appealed to me as the thought of dropping a lets say 22kg on your butt doesnt really do it for me lol.

A finished that could be cool is jumping on a spin bike and doing some sprints focusing on the hamstring contraction as you pull the pedal back. Nasty fuck that is.

How do you do your DB hammy curls out of interest? Laying on a bench has never appealed to me as the thought of dropping a lets say 22kg on your butt doesnt really do it for me lol.

A finished that could be cool is jumping on a spin bike and doing some sprints focusing on the hamstring contraction as you pull the pedal back. Nasty fuck that is.

Exactly right, laying on a bench with the DB between the feet. Never dropped it on me arse as yet! Can work up to a decent weight and it's good for keeping tension on the hammies.

Sprints, fvck that LOL. I ain't no Chris Boardman.... Srs though it's a good idea but sounds brutal!

Nice squatting mate!!

Cheers mate, I'm way off your level as the best I've ever squatted is 170kg x 6. Never attempted a 1 rep max but our goals are different. Only exercise I've attempted 1 rep on is dead lifts

@Hivoltage Nothing like a good all out squat session to really pound the legs mate. What programme/split are you using atm mate?

I've decided to train 1 body part per session and train x 5 per week. I'll take the rest days when my body is telling me to, if you get what I'm saying. Didn't train yesterday, trained today and will train Thursday and Friday, off Saturday, train Sunday. I'll keep this until the New Year then assess.

Very good idea mate to take the rest days when you feel that you need them as too many people don't do that tbh. You can also mix and match your training days rather than stick to set days.

Trained chest today. Although my shoulder impingement is not 100% as yet it's much much better. First time I've trained chest for 9 days and decided to attempt Incline BB bench to test the shoulder as I've been avoiding bench press for 3 weeks+

Incline BB bench - no way was I going to go Heaney, no point fvcking the shoulder up.

All sets were TUT style and tempo was 3 second descent, 1 second pause and 2 seconds ascent.

50kg x 20
70kg x 16
80kg x 14
90kg x 12, x 10
50kg x 25

Plate loaded chest press
60kg per side x 18
70kg per side x 11
75kg per side x 10
80kg per side x 8

Cable flies - high to low
5 sets of TUT

Pec deck
4 sets TUT, very very slow with a 2 seconds squeeze.

Finished with decline press ups. Feet up really high on the Smith machine bar with hands on 4kg DB's.
Excellent for the core as well as the chest.

5 sets to failure.

i had a friend like this never done back or legs just did not look right in the gym ,,as for me i hit the chest every session with
dbell
bench flat ,inc,de ,with 3 sets of each
flat flys with 3 sets
and then finish off with dips if i can but all ways seem to lack on mass for the chest for reason ,,

Thankfully I've had no repercussions with the right shoulder after training chest yesterday.

Trained back earlier this evening.

Pull ups

All full hang and squeeze at top, hands at shoulder width.

BW X 18
+10kg x12
+15kg x 12, x 11, x 10.

Meadows Rows

Bar + 40kg x 20
+60kg x 12
+70kg x 12
+85kg x 9, x 8, x 7 - pleased with these.

Lat Pull down -

V Bar Grip

90kg x 12
100kg x 12, x 11

Straight Bar Underhand Grip
80kg x 14
90kg x 12

Shrugs on the smith

60kg per side x 15
70kg per side x 12
80kg per side x 12, x 9, x 8

Straight Arm Cable Pulldown