Eurgar's log...

Update.......

Have missed a couple of workouts this wk, not ideal with comp only a couple of weeks away but unavoidable really, anyway things back on track now hopefully.

Last friday was deads from 18" worked up to 370, then done some BOR think it was 140 x 8 x 3 finished with some pulldowns 10 x 3 not sure of weight.

Last sat did a bit of log c+p wokrd up to 120, plan was to do more events but weather was terible so left it with a view of going back in on sunday but that never happened lol.

Last night done some dealifting, after warming up from the floor moved on to using the silver dolar boxes we will be using in the next comp, the pull is from 18".

Deads from floor

80 x 10

105 x 8

145 x 5

195 x 4

235 x 3

Using boxes from 18"

285 x 1

325 x 1

365 x 1

385 x 1

405 x 1

415 x 1

Then done some frame carry

140 x 30m

220 x 15

300 x 15 (with one drop)

Not a bad little session enjoyed the deads loads of flex on bar with boxes on lol.

Reactions: Dig
415 from 18" you fucking monster! lol
You recon the box's make it easier with the amount of flex?

415 from 18" you fucking monster! lol
You recon the box's make it easier with the amount of flex?
Yes I would say so mate if you think about it the whole thing is probably a good 12" wider than a normal bar, it is a different kind of lift though you also get a lot of swing as boxes come off the ground.

Yes I would say so mate if you think about it the whole thing is probably a good 12" wider than a normal bar, it is a different kind of lift though you also get a lot of swing as boxes come off the ground.

Makes sense. Where the weights put on the bar in the box or just sat in the box's?

I can imagine the swing too. Was doing pendulum press for the first time last night, which was fun!

Makes sense. Where the weights put on the bar in the box or just sat in the box's?

I can imagine the swing too. Was doing pendulum press for the first time last night, which was fun!
image.jpg

Here a pic give u an idea the weights just sit inside box. Can imagine the pendulum press to be awkward, personally I think all overhead should be changed to bench pressing lol.

Here a pic give u an idea the weights just sit inside box. Can imagine the pendulum press to be awkward, personally I think all overhead should be changed to bench pressing lol.

Im a shit bencher so id prefer all pressing to be changed to truck pulls. lol

Looks like a solid piece of kit.

Training update

Last Friday

Done a bit of C.G.B.P worked up to 180 for 2-3 reps then did some lying triceps ext x3 sets of 8 think last set was 75kg.

Sunday was some events

Conans wheel

100 x 360 deg 200 x 360 deg 250 x 360 deg 250 x 450 deg

Then did some runs with the duck walk just toi get used to equipment, folowed by some frame carry 120 x 15m 200 x 15m 280 x 15m 320 x 5m this last run felt heavy on grip and did not have much motivation to try and pick it up for second time lol.

finished off with some stones on to 54" platform worked up through stones, not sure exact weights but something like 110, 130, 145, 155?, then had a go at 185 was a few inches short of the height but not far away.

Went to the gym on Monday to do some legs worked up to 240 on squats, done a couple of reps and thought my body was just not up to it after events the day before. Went to do some hack squats but machine was broke lol so thought that something was telling me I just was not ment to train that day so left it there.

Tonight I did some pressing

Push press

60 x 10

80 x 8

100 x 6

110 x 3

120 x 2

130 x 1

140 x 1

Inc smith press

60 x 10

105 x 6

125 x 6

145 x 6

155 x 3

Side raise

20 x 6

25 x 6

30 x 6

Finished with x3 sets on rear delts not sure of weights.

Just back from compeating in wales,s strongest man so here is a bit of a write up on how it went.

Event 1 silver dollar deadlift
This has to be my best event, it was ran a bit diffrent to how I thought it was going to go, everyone opened on 300kg then you had 3 more lifts and had to nominate your weights rather than a round robin kind of thing which I was expecting. 300 went up easy enough so missed the next weight and went straight to 360 which again was easy so missed the next weight and on to 400 which again was easy, after this there was three of us left all with one lift left so we all went for 430, mine again went up quite comfortable, one lad failed so was joint first on first event. Could of left it there but we decided to go fro a welsh record in silver dollar which stands at 450, neither of us got it I think mine was close think it just broke the ground then felt a little pull in my back, I think it could be there sometime though.

Event 2 140 log lift for reps
Now if the last event was my best this one has to be my worst, never got a rep but actually did much better than I thought managed to clean it and was only a couple of inches from pressing it. Most strugleled with this weight with the winner getting 2 reps and I think 2 others managed 1.

Event 3 440 yoke for 15m
This was heavy I had done this weight in training last week and managed around 8m so I was fairly confident that I would finish course. I never really got going on this think I managed around 11m but dont think I got more than 2-3 meters without droping it. Think I finished around 6th, this was the only event I was a bit disapointed with would of been nice to finish the course at least.

Event 4 Conan's circle 250kg
I had only practised this event once before so had no idea how I would get on. Managed x2 revoloutions which put me in second place on this event.

Event 5 Meadly 180 duck walk into 320 frame 15m each
The duck walk was easy enough and tbh the frame went better than I thought my grip in my left hand gave way a few meters short of line, picked it back up and finished the course had it not been for this it could of been a fairly decent time, as it was I think I placed around fourth.

Event 6 Stones 120, 135, 155, 185, and 205
Going into this event I think I was in 4th or 5 th place but there was nothing in it between third an fifth place. I managed to get the first three stones up but was only a few inches short of getting the fourth. No one managed the 5th stone and only the eventual winner got the fourth, I think my time gave me a third place in this event with only point one of a second seperating me and the place above lol. Overall happy with this event, I have not done much stone work recently and this was the first run of stones I have done in 2 years.

My final placing was fourth which I am more than happy with really would of been nice to get in to the top 3, there was only 1.5 points between me and third but got no complaints about the day at all. It was a very well run comp with events running smoothly, we had great weather and a good bunch of lads compeating,and a nice venue with a large crowd of spectators who also enjoyed the day, overall I think it was a good advert for strongman in Wales.

Almost forgot to mention it was televised and will be on chalenge tv around christmas time if anyone is interested in having a look.

Have been back training properly this week, did have a couple of workouts last week but only light just to check everything still working, and no injuries after comp. Plan from now untill end of month is to drop the intensity of training down a bit, before buliding it back up again over the folowing few weeks.

Last weeks training.......

Monday- Speed squat

Back squats

60 x 10 x 2

100 x 8

140 x 6

160 x 2 x 10 (30s rest between sets)

B.W. lunges

15 x 3 on each leg

Extensions

8p x 12

10p x 12

12p x 12

Calf raise

10p x 25 x 3

First night back properly, everything felt nice and easy.

Wednesday - Repetitions overhead

M.P.

40 x 10

60 x 8

80 x 6

90 x 6

100 x 5

Inc B.B. press

60 x 8

100 x 8

110 x 8

Dips

B.W. x 12

x 15 x 2

Pushdowns

straight bar

10p x 12

12p x 12

V bar

14p x 10

D.B. side raise

17.5 x 12 x 3

Not the best tonight was hoping for 2-3 more reps on M.P. but felt quite weak on them, suppose its to be expected really.

Friday - Max effort deadlift

60 x 10

100 x 8

140 x 6

180 x 5

220 x 3

260 x 2

280 x 1

300 x 1

320 x 1

Hyper extensions

B.W. 20 x 3

D.B. rows

55 x 8

55 x 8

55 x 8

B.B. curls

30 x 25

Nice workout tonight first time deadlifting off the floor for what must be 2 months, had planed to go up to 300 but felt good so did 320 which felt comfortable considering it been a while :).

Back