Fitness kitchen - feed your body

Anyone got a recipe using oats to make pancakes im thinking of just bkending up oats and swapping them for the flour then mixing ion eggs whites and egg until consistency is right for cooking!?

thats the jist of it mate.

50g oat flour or grinded oats.

beat the number of eggs and egg whites u have then add oat flour and beat again into a batter. i then add a little flavoured protein powder and cinnamon and beat again.

hot pan and 1 cal spray. 3 or 4 nice thin pancakes.

i then roll them like a wrap and sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda if dieting.

if bulking i will put some jam and peanut butter in the middles then wrap.

if want to boost cals add more oat flour or another great addition

sweet potato pancakes.

if using 100g flour use 50g flour or oats and 50g cold mashed sweet potato. everything else is the same. bloody lovely.

thats the jist of it mate.

50g oat flour or grinded oats.

beat the number of eggs and egg whites u have then add oat flour and beat again into a batter. i then add a little flavoured protein powder and cinnamon and beat again.

hot pan and 1 cal spray. 3 or 4 nice thin pancakes.

i then roll them like a wrap and sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda if dieting.

if bulking i will put some jam and peanut butter in the middles then wrap.

if want to boost cals add more oat flour or another great addition

sweet potato pancakes.

if using 100g flour use 50g flour or oats and 50g cold mashed sweet potato. everything else is the same. bloody lovely.

cheers hilly i knew u would deliver lol !

scott said i can have apple sauce with it but think ill swap for bluberries and some maple syrup end of the day its just carbs from sugar so some macros in my book

gonna knock this up tomorrow, some recipes i found advise whisking up egg whites then folding in mix not sure what diff that makes?

cheers hilly i knew u would deliver lol !

scott said i can have apple sauce with it but think ill swap for bluberries and some maple syrup end of the day its just carbs from sugar so some macros in my book

gonna knock this up tomorrow, some recipes i found advise whisking up egg whites then folding in mix not sure what diff that makes?

Throwing the apple sauce in would add a gd taste I think.

It has been many months since I posted anything of gastronomic interest, my apologies, however there has been a slight blip in my calender namely the UKBFF British Championships of which we will not speak as it turned out be a quite disastrous event of epic proportions.

So what's on the menu today then? Now that the competition season is all but done save the mad fookers intent on dietting over the Christmas period. I thought a good few wholesome hearty winter recipes would be the order of the day.

Recipes to follow early evening.....

As promised... and so we begin

Having my roots firmly planted in the Netherlands for many years I thought this hearty winter warmer would be a good start. It's a regional dish from the Province of Limburg and in particular the city of Maastricht which is very close to the border with Belgium.

So here it is

Sweet and Sour Winter Stew

Ingredients
  • 500 grams of stewing beef
  • 2/3 onions
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 2/3 cloves
  • 2 dried bay leaves
  • 2/3 dried juniper berries
  • 2 glasses of red wine
  • 1 glass of red wine vinegar
  • 1 large carrot
  • 1 celery stick
  • flour
  • apple and pear treacle (available in Holland and Barrett)
  • cream
  • salt & pepper
  • Optional ingredient: Calves liver soaked in milk, drain the milk and dice the liver, add to the beef when frying
Method
  1. First you have to marinate the meat. Dice it into large cubes and put them in a bowl/dish.
  2. Chop the onions roughly into rings. Add them to the meat. Also add the garlic cloves, that just have to be pealed and crushed with your knife.
  3. Then add the bay leaves, juniper berries, cloves. Pour over the red wine and vinegar. Make sure the meat is almost completely covered. Then let it marinate for at least four hours, but preferably about 8 hours. Put a large stewing casserole on the stove and melt a large knob of butter in it. Chop up the carrot and celery stick.
  4. Let them softly fry. In the mean time take out the marinated meat, preserving the marinating liquid/onions/garlic/spices. Dry the meat with some kitchen paper and dust a little bit of flour over it to make sure it will fry when it hits the pan.
  5. Turn up the heat an fry the meat until golden brown on the outside.
  6. Then add 2 wine glasses of the marinating liquid and 1 glass of water until the meat is covered. Let it softly bubble for about an hour and a half until the meat becomes really tender.
  7. Then to finish the sauce add a typically Dutch ingredient: apple treacle (appelstroop). About two to three tablespoons full. Add salt and pepper to taste and perhaps to take away a bit of the sourness o bit of cream or a tablespoon of honey. Let it bubble until the sauce has thickened.
  8. Serve with large potato chips and homemade mayonnaise.
  9. Optional: Soak a calf's liver in milk overnight. When you are about to fry the meat, drain the milk and pat the liver dry. Slice in large cubs and fry together with the meat. It gives a lovely taste and texture in this stew.
  10. But because not everybody is keen on eating liver, you can leave it out.

Ginger is a wonderful aromatic that can be added to any stews and even chilli to add another layer of flavour and give a dish some depth of flavour too. This dish 'Gingered Beef Stew' would be perfect served at any 'winter parties' with a good mulled wine. Simplicity itself that will fill the bellies of many a good friend......even bodybuilders.

Gingered Beef Stew

1 1/2lbs braising steak, cubed
2 oz flour freshly ground black pepper
salt
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 tabs olive oil
1 tab grated root ginger
1 crushed garlic clove
2 sliced onions
1/2 pint beef stock
tin chopped tomatoes
2 tabs cider vinegar
1 tab thick honey
1 tab Worcester sauce 1 can red kidney beans, drained

Method
  1. Shake meat in bag with flour seasoned with salt, pepper and ground ginger.
  2. Fry meat to seal in hot oil a few pieces at a time. Transfer to casserole.
  3. Fry root ginger, garlic and onions in the same fat until lightly browned, then stir in remaining flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually add the stock, tomatoes, vinegar, honey and Worcester sauce, stirring well. Bring to boil.
  4. Return beef to pan. Add beans and stir through.
  5. Cover and cook at 160 degrees C/ 325 degrees F/ Gas 3 for about 2 hours, stirring once half-way through
  6. Serve with rice, jacket potatoes or sweet potato

Back