How Many Cheat Meals A Week

Agreed re cheat food, but isn't there some science behind carbing up clean ie keeping the body from going into starvation mode, maybe once a fortnight??

You know I was going to put something about that but somehow forgot. I have no problem with clean refeeds to restart metabolism however people use cheats as an excuse saying they are getting their metabolic rate up which if they eat that much fat it's just going to bog everything down anyway

1: For a pling meet i used to mainly eat pizza and ice cream i was never really bloated. This combined with dropping and adding between 5-8kg before weighin was very unhealthy and the reason i stopped pling, i used to get nose bleeds lifting after this.

2: Yes i count the carbs in fruit juice.

3: I actually believe a good quality protein powder is better than some turkey or fish. This "eat whole food only" thing is complete BS. In fact i have no problem using only protein powders as my source of protein. I also personally think its unhealthy to eat 3-4k calories each day from whole food as it gives your stomach and intestines a beating. I rather use shakes to get in a good amount of those calories which require very little digestion.

4: Hilly my wife cooks me each meal from scratch. She's very good and fast at it and will have each meal ready within 15 minutes.

i'm a comfort eater so i do find it hard on the weekends to eat clean if i have no shows or whatever to diet for.

now i'm in a half way house between a show and a mini offseason so i have 1-2 cheats a week in terms of meals.
Last night i was riddled with DOMS and just finished a good workout, pizza hut delivered an offer booklet to my door so i thought it rude not to indulge :D
Today the diet will be clean but tonight i have beers/poker/pizza night with the guys after the champions league final, i wont be drinking and might have a few slices of pizza but i will be having my normal meals before hand so i'm not on a empty stomach and ready to pig out.

Don't have them when dieting don't want or need them.

There is no dietary need for a cheat meal it is purely psychological, your body does not crave junk your head does. I'm sorry and I know this will upset a few people but cheat meals are for weak minds

Strange things happen i think. I crave food i otherwise wouldnt ever eat..but in short its the brain telling you to seek out high calorie, sugary foods...so sweet cereal is what i crave

Probably fair to say that a weak mind is what makes people eat junk on a diet...but the way i see it is that a modest cheat of what i did mostly...a meal out with the other half and a bar of chocolate isnt going to have you goin backwards, kills the cravings for a few days, relaxes you and the other half that has to suport you and sets you up for another hard week of dieting cardio and training.

If im honest though...i dont think i could do a 16 week diet without a cheat to look forward to at lest every other week. Would be too much for me i think

Sure buddy why not :-)

Meal 1: 500ml beetroot juice, 50 grams rice, 125grams turkey, 25 protein via whey, pineapple
Meal 2: 300 grams potato, 500ml grapefruit juice, 125 grams turkey, 6 egg whites
Meal 3: broccoli/asparegus soup, 100 grams couscous, 125 grams white fish, 25 protein via caesin, apple
Meal 4: 50 protein via whey, 100 grams vitargo, 2 handfulls cherries (pwo)
Meal 5: broccoli/asparegus soup, 50 grams rice, 1 banana, grapefruit juice, 125 grams white fish, 6 egg whites
Meal 6: 125 grams turkey, 25 protein via caesin, 2 tbs peanut butter

All meals vary from meal to meal but what i have written are the foods i have for the next 5 days of eating and after that i will change it up again.

I also have 3 grams of fish oil with each meal besides the pwo meal.

Calorie wise it works out circa 3700 calories....its certainly sub 4000 but above 3500 each day.
So not a huge amount really but its enough for me to achieve my goals.

(Possibly a stupid question but) Is Beetroot ok to eat if trying to lose weight, ive got about 3 jars sitting in the cupboard but wont have any of it as i'm not sure if its ok to eat?

(Possibly a stupid question but) Is Beetroot ok to eat if trying to lose weight, ive got about 3 jars sitting in the cupboard but wont have any of it as i'm not sure if its ok to eat?

No not really as its high in carbs, 500ml has 50 carbs, i use it for health reasons (it contains nitrates that reduce BP).

Don't have them when dieting don't want or need them.

There is no dietary need for a cheat meal it is purely psychological, your body does not crave junk your head does. I'm sorry and I know this will upset a few people but cheat meals are for weak minds

I must be week minded then mate, because although i understand what your saying, having a cheat meal at the end of the week which enables me to eat stuff i cant during the week is the thing that gets me through.

I diet clean 6 days a week and if i had to do that 7 days a week eating chicken, turkey, mince etc etc every day for the duration of my diet (baring in mind ive been on it for 3 months now and still have about another 3 months dieting to go) then i do actually think i would crack up and quit.

I'm not going to say that i do it to kick start my metabolism because i know eating the junk food is probably doing me more harm than good but Eating a cheat meal on a saturday, say for example a chinese, makes me feel like shi7e the next day and kick starts my enthusiasm aswell as giving me a little bit of satisfaction. (i hope this makes sense)

No not really as its high in carbs, 500ml has 50 carbs, i use it for health reasons (it contains nitrates that reduce BP).

ideal, i'm pleased i didnt eat it then, cheers.

I know you use beetroot juice but would you get the same benefit from eating the Jarred stuff ? If so how much do you think you would need daily ?

I know you use beetroot juice but would you get the same benefit from eating the Jarred stuff ? If so how much do you think you would need daily ?

I asked my wife as she does these things for me and she said you would need to eat/pulp A LOT of beets to hit 500ml.
But fear not ;) BEET IT - buy organic beetroot juice from James White Drinks - Home this is the juice i often drink.
They had a stand at bodypower but no one seemed to visit them, typical stupid iron athletes lol.

1: For a pling meet i used to mainly eat pizza and ice cream i was never really bloated. This combined with dropping and adding between 5-8kg before weighin was very unhealthy and the reason i stopped pling, i used to get nose bleeds lifting after this.

2: Yes i count the carbs in fruit juice.

3: I actually believe a good quality protein powder is better than some turkey or fish. This "eat whole food only" thing is complete BS. In fact i have no problem using only protein powders as my source of protein. I also personally think its unhealthy to eat 3-4k calories each day from whole food as it gives your stomach and intestines a beating. I rather use shakes to get in a good amount of those calories which require very little digestion.

4: Hilly my wife cooks me each meal from scratch. She's very good and fast at it and will have each meal ready within 15 minutes.

Fancy doing 'Wife Swap' for a week mate?:lol: That sounds ace,mines not like that:)

Say if your getting your main source of protein from shakes,do you not feel hungry all the time? Even though i'm miles smaller than you i always need to eat.

I must be week minded then mate, because although i understand what your saying, having a cheat meal at the end of the week which enables me to eat stuff i cant during the week is the thing that gets me through.

I diet clean 6 days a week and if i had to do that 7 days a week eating chicken, turkey, mince etc etc every day for the duration of my diet (baring in mind ive been on it for 3 months now and still have about another 3 months dieting to go) then i do actually think i would crack up and quit.

I'm not goping to say that i do it to kick start my metabolism because i know eating the junk food is probably doing me more harm than good but Eating a cheat meal on a saturday, say for example a chinese, makes me feel like shi7e the next day and kick starts my enthusiasm aswell as giving me a little bit of satisfaction. (i hope this makes sense)

Hey whatever it takes to get you through a cheat is better than no diet at all but people try and justify as something it's not, my main point is that you do not need one you may want one but you don't need one. It's become part of modern bb diets that you build in cheat meals and I never understood why. Any unessacery fats and crap are only going give you more work to do. Personally I'd rather just go without

Back