Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
33,643
Messages
1,119,688
Members
20,559
Latest member
bigbodybuilding
  • © 2000 - 2026 All content on this website is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without consent.
  • TMuscle forum does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding supplements.
    TMuscle has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.

    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.

    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM. IF MEMBERS FIND ANYTHING ILLEGAL PLEASE REPORT IMMEDIATELY FOR PROMPT REMOVAL

    Read Our Forum Terms and Rules
  • While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Nicotine Nasal Spray

danny187

Top Contributor
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
12,800
Reaction score
6,958
WOW anyone used this !!!!!!

My quit day for fags is today and seem more addicted than any other time before I have stopped, GP prescribed me the nasal spray part of a quit smoking program etc

I did first blast up nose today and DAMN, I sneezed like 30 times, eyes watery, coughing, crazy

But I dont want a fag though LOL

Anyone had these, experiences???
 
Good move.

All those sides are usual. I know the throat sprays can lead to hiccups too. All the sides should diminish with use.

J
 
Good move.

All those sides are usual. I know the throat sprays can lead to hiccups too. All the sides should diminish with use.

J

Cheers, about my 4th time attempting to quit done 3 years, 2 years, 18 months and 6 months before, hopefully I will last this time :)
 
All the best mate, dont give up giving up
 
I used Allen Carr's (not chatty man!!) quit smoking audio book, haven't had a smoke since, that was about 14 weeks ago, best thing I've done in ages, good luck mate. It's worth it! :)
 
You should get them new patches!!! you stick them on your eyes....... then you cant find your fags!!! sorted:lol:
 
I may have a ciggerete in a couple of minutes as I found a whole one laying next to my car:lol:
And yes that does mean I pick stuff up from the ground and consume it....including half started packs of sweets when i am lucky enough to happen upon such a treasure!
 
I may have a ciggerete in a couple of minutes as I found a whole one laying next to my car:lol:
And yes that does mean I pick stuff up from the ground and consume it....including half started packs of sweets when i am lucky enough to happen upon such a treasure!

lol, remind me when you have your next spinal surgery to post after you how i'm going to go outside and perform a few cartwheels....just because i can :D
 
Did your gp not recommend champix that's what I used and worked a treat
 
Did your gp not recommend champix that's what I used and worked a treat

I tried them before and had to come off them as they caused me to go weird get anxiety and very odd LOL
 
I tried them before and had to come off them as they caused me to go weird get anxiety and very odd LOL
There has been some interesting reports of champix causing serious mood shifts in a lot of people, and that included violent feelings in a lot of cases. IIRC it was one of the strongest violence inducing effects in certain sections of the population.

J
 
There has been some interesting reports of champix causing serious mood shifts in a lot of people, and that included violent feelings in a lot of cases. IIRC it was one of the strongest violence inducing effects in certain sections of the population.

J


New Study Provides Strong Evidence of Causal Association Between Chantix and Violent Acts Towards Others
A new research study published online ahead of print in the journal Annals of Pharmacotherapy concludes that the drug Chantix (varenicline) is most likely causally associated with thoughts and acts of aggression and violence (see: Moore TJ, Glenmullen J, Furberg CD. Thoughts and acts of aggression/violence toward others reported in association with varenicline. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2010).

The authors identified 26 cases of FDA-reported adverse drug events associated with varenicline that included acts and thoughts of aggression and violence toward others and met the WHO criteria for possible, likely, or certain association with the drug. This excluded cases involving suicide if there was no violence toward others. In all 26 cases, there were inexplicable and unprovoked acts or thoughts of violence toward others. In 24 of these 26 cases, there was no indication of a prior history of violence. Perhaps most importantly, in 10 of 11 cases in which there was information about the effect of the discontinuation of varenicline, the symptoms resolved in a few days after the drug was discontinued.

The study concludes as follows: "These data contain several characteristics that add scientific weight to the accumulating evidence that varenicline is associated with unprovoked acts and thoughts of aggression/violence toward others. The temporal relationship evidence was strong, with an early and often immediate onset of abnormal dreams and thoughts, and the adverse effects usually resolved with discontinuation of treatment. In the 3 rechallenge cases, the adverse effects reappeared (often in more severe form) when the drug was restarted and disappeared when the drug was stopped again. The patient population of predominantly middle-aged women was typical of those who are trying to quit smoking with varenicline but is an unlikely age group and sex for assault and acts of violence toward others." ( Siegel 2010 )
 
Well it has been 23 hours without a cigerette so that is a good start, will take everyday as it comes
 
23 hours without a cigarette stick at it mate

yeah champix can cause anxiety/depression or make it worse. i wasnt at first allowed champix as i was taking citalophram for depression. I had to have 3-6 months clear of the anti depression meds before they would let me use it.

Once my gp prescribed it it was under the condition if i had any symptoms of depression i stopped the champix straight away
 
Back
Top