GP's go at training...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Greyphantom, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Well I keep one of these things on UKM and thought I might give it a go here... probably be filled with the same boring sh1te that I spout on there, so here goes...

Been lifting since I was about 14 but didnt really take it seriously enough. Trained off and on for a number of years with some periods of seriousness and as my knowledge increased I started training better and harder... currently following madcow 5x5 program which is giving me good results strength wise, although I have not made much in the way of weight gains I think body composition is changing for the better and I havent lost anything...

PB's so far

Squat 180kg
    Bench 117.5kg
    Deadlifts 200kg

thats the big three anyway...

forgot to mention (although those from UKM will know) that I have also undergone a hernia op last year which interrupted training somewhat and will have to undergo another to fix the first which wasnt done right... :rolleyes:

Last but not least, cant wait till the UK GP...

, Simon, MUTANT and 9 others like this.

2. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT TUNA KING Full Member

Best of luck with the journal mate,hope the op is a success this time:)

3. 1Tonne

1Tonne Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Good luck bud!

4. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Thanks guys, just going over IBs journal on UKM for rough rehab times and stuff... just cant wait to get it over and get back to real life (training of course)...

5. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

good to see you over here pal

6. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Thanks Hilly...

7. Little Ron

Little Ron Sack of sh1t on stilts Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Good luck with the recovery. It will soon come back mate and you will have long forgot the time off. I've had a couple of set backs in the form of operations, a tumor on my carotid artery back at the end of 99 and a few years later snapped the back my hip socket off in a car accident. Both times obviously put me out of training for a while but the break just made me more determined to get back to where I was and beyong.

Oh and I tore my pec quite badly last year. If I was a cat I would be called Lucky for sure. :D

8. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Thanks Ron... yeah I am already looking forward to getting back into it...

No training today, was going to but have a dodgy tummy, must have eaten some dodgy chicken last night... spent all morning on the loo and when training time came round thought I would rather wait till tomorrow than risk doing heavy squats :D

peeved but looking forward to hitting them tomorrow...

9. Beklet

Beklet Professional Procrastinator Top Contributor

*stalk*

10. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    :D

11. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Madcow day 1

Woo hooo... awesome day, felt very good today but also very tired (mainly cos the mrs was out at a farewell do last night so had to pick her up at 0030 from the station and get up at 0530 this morning)... didnt think it was going to be a good day in the gym but it rocked...

Squats 5x5 yeah baby 5 on the last set at 180 and apart from 2nd rep they were feeling great... first 4 sets felt awesome, depth was very good, form felt tight which was I think the reason for the sets feeling so good and frankly easy... even at 160 I had no problems and felt much better than in the past with less weight... got to the main set and first rep was nice and tight and good depth, 2nd I lost it a bit and had way to much forward lean and it showed and I felt it a lot... almost canned the set but thought nope got to push through and just keep the form tight and did, made the whole 5 with no problems and the only thing wrong was from the second rep as my lower back was feeling it, no pain but certainly strained... very happy...

Bench 4x5 1x4 sigh, wimped out on the 5th rep of the 5th set... I should have and could have got it but just gave in like a wussy pussy... still got more reps than last week and on a higher weight, weight also felt very good and smooth so 120 next week for a PB and a PR... equalled my PB this week and may have passed it in terms of reps... over all very happy with this as well, but just need to keep pushing the weight instead of wimping out...

Rows 5x5 lower back was a bit frazzled from the mishap in the squats but forearm was fine and gave me very little in the way of problems... felt comfortable and while not easy certainly better than before... next week up on this as well... back very worked and can feel it nicely...

Felt very good about todays workout over all... need to watch my form stays tight for ALL reps and got to stop losing concentration at the critical time ie in the middle of a rep...

Diet wise I have been keeping to 300g protein min a day and its proving to be a good thing in terms of the weights, seems that since I upped it I lift better and it feels better while lifting... could be psychosomatic but wtf will run with it while it lasts (or for the next two weeks which is all I have before the op)... dodgy tum is well and truly over from yesterday which is good and food is being shovelled in again, which is also good cos at the moment I am loving eating...

12. Beklet

Beklet Professional Procrastinator Top Contributor

Grrr I miss big weights!!!! Patience is a virtue I don't possess!!!

13. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Yeah know what you mean re patience, not looking forward to an enforced lay off for up to 8 weeks... maybe less if I can heal fast enough with some friends...

14. Kate1976

Kate1976 Competitor

Good evening dear boy :)

15. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Hey Kate... good to see you here... hope you had a great weekend...