Pre-workout - need your advice

I think you've looked at the acetyl tyrosine, which is more easily absorbed, so not as much is needed.
Careful you don't get the 2 mixed up and end up taking too much

i much prefer to buy the individual amines and see what works best for you. avoid stims by the sounds of it. go for more the likes of

Taurine
beta alanine
L-tyrosine

multitude of bits n bobs to try that are cheap bought in powder. maybe even caffeine but in smaller amounts

I think you've looked at the acetyl tyrosine, which is more easily absorbed, so not as much is needed.
Careful you don't get the 2 mixed up and end up taking too much

This is on my list to check out thanks :)

i much prefer to buy the individual amines and see what works best for you. avoid stims by the sounds of it. go for more the likes of

Taurine
beta alanine
L-tyrosine

multitude of bits n bobs to try that are cheap bought in powder. maybe even caffeine but in smaller amounts

Taurine is in the drinks I used Sunday will have a look at Beta alanine too thanks.. am learning a lot in this thread :) glad I asked now.

Wouldn't advise hard stims tbh. They're best saved for the last stages of a diet and unnecessary for most. See people banging them in daily and just think if their motivation to train is that piss poor they might as well go do something they actually enjoy and want to go do instead....

100-200mg caffeine Is plenty if you do want to utilise a stim or just a big cup of strong coffee.

l-tyrosine is decent for focus and a boost without the over stim effects and there's a very mild stim which Is pretty effective for focus and energy without the jittery side effects which is pretty useful, it's called Amp citrate.

The rest I'd not bother with personally
Thanks Doink the list was pretty much as you've described. I used caffeine only today and that worked fine - the L-Tyrosine I might try if it's ok in my fed for nerves and high pressure stuff or if I've not been sleeping. I'm not after anything hard as wont' be able to cope with it and wouldn't want after affects really either.

appreciate all of your comments though it's great to read all that is out there and work out what is best.

I have had a go with various different ones and since I'm aiming to compete with BNBF have settled for Mezza's Turbonox, it's designed for drug tested athletes. I actually mix it with some BCAAs and drink it during the workout, not before.

Apart from that I can also recommend a good old black coffee.

I have had a go with various different ones and since I'm aiming to compete with BNBF have settled for Mezza's Turbonox, it's designed for drug tested athletes. I actually mix it with some BCAAs and drink it during the workout, not before.

Apart from that I can also recommend a good old black coffee.
Thanks :) will have a look at it. Awesome pic by the way :thumb: great to see another lady on here there aren't many of us.

No problem, thanks. I don't get much time to pop in here, but spotted a few threads I was interested in and I do like my pre(intra) workout. You do get used to them and tolerance does build, I don't think they are magical and for me more of a psychological boost than anything. For me it's more of a nice treat I look forward to when training. I don't have many sweet things in my diet and this provides it.

Just wanted to add that I limit caffeine outside of training, drink decaff or herbal teas most of the time. I usually have 1 or max 2 caffienated drinks outside of the gym, avoid chocolate and other hidden sources of caffeine. Last week I had a day where the only caffiene consumed was in my workout drink.

Just wanted to add that I limit caffeine outside of training, drink decaff or herbal teas most of the time. I usually have 1 or max 2 caffienated drinks outside of the gym, avoid chocolate and other hidden sources of caffeine. Last week I had a day where the only caffiene consumed was in my workout drink.
great point :)
I do naturally limit caffeine - decaf tea, gave up diet coke etc and am dieting so chocolate is a no-no.
I figured because I did this (for other reasons admittedly), that the supplement would be more effective.

Pre workouts supplements that are out there ATM that I rate.
Pure labs- Turbo
Scivation- Psycho
VPX- liquid clen (this is great but being discontinued)

Thanks @Con , will come back to this thread if it doesn't workout with caffeine and l-tyrosine (still gotta check thats ok).

Reactions: Con
Thanks :) they do the powder in bulk powders but recommend 400mg as a pre-workout along with caffeine but obviously being a powder I could use the recommendation you've made. I'll have a look but amino's are normally ok so sounds like a great idea to try. I could sure use something as my nerves were a nightmare and nearly stopped me competing on sunday, even on the day they were really bad. Literally shaking! I am sure next time will be easier, but it'd maybe also help me when I need energy for uni as my bipolar and insomnia

Yeah 400mg is a pants recommendation tbh. 2-3g more like it. It stacks well with taurine which gives a zoned in type feeling (also taken at a 2-3g rather than the tiny suggested dose) and caffeine.at 200-300mg. That's a home made stack I've used in the past that I really like.

Back