Stevie909 - Con's 2016 Challenge

Stevie909

Howdy all, kinda new here. Been lurking a while but never posted until now. I realise it's totally different to ukm and folk are helpful and supportive.

So here goes. 24 years old, 5' 11", currently sitting at 16st 13lbs. I used to be around 14-15st in reasonable nick but had a v active job, after getting a desk job my weight shot up to 18st 4lb at my heaviest. So got back into training and diet, added cardio for first time ever.

Training currently looks like
Monday - 40 mins pm cardio
Tuesday - push / 40 mins pm cardio
Wednesday - 40 mins pm cardio
Thursday - pull / 40 mins pm cardio
Friday - 40 mins am cardio
Saturday - Legs / 40 mins pm cardio
Sunday - Rest

Started cardio at 5 x 30 mins and upped it, not going to increase anymore until further down the line. Also going to split my push session into a chest day and shoulder day I think. Training is high-ish volume as I respond better to it, ive tried the PL style 5x5 and 5,3,1 but not for me.

Diet atm varies but I shoot for
P 220g
C 260g
F 90g

Gear use in the past was very high, being honest I relied on it too much to compensate for shit diet and training. Atm just cruising along on test at 200mg e10d or so, that's plenty. Will look to add mast at about 400mg and t3 in a few weeks time but only if get down to a decent level. Days of stacking TTM with mtren, var and Oxy are long gone.

Also been diagnosed with hypokalemic period paralysis which is a funny one so need to watch sodium closely. This was partly responsible for my weight gain as during attacks I was rendered pretty much immobile. Fun stuff.

Will get pics up tonight or tomorrow, apologies for the essay folks hope it doesn't bore folk.

---
Con's 2016 Challenge has kindly been sponsored by Protein Dynamix who are giving away prizes to the top 3. Please show your support by visiting their website.

---

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's training looked like

Decline press 4x
Incline press 4x
Dumbbell fly 4x
Dips 2 x fail (12/10)
Viking press 4x
Side lateral 4x
CGBP 2 x 15,10
Tricep rope ext 7 x 10, 30 sec rest
Abs 3 x 25

Not logging weights atm, getting a feel for higher volume but will log from next week to ensure progression.

12 hr work day then cardio tonight, fun fun.

Looks good mate you've got a decent weight for your height with some hard training you should be quite a big lad

Hypokalemic sounds like a pain to be living with Bro hope you get it sorted

Looks good mate you've got a decent weight for your height with some hard training you should be quite a big lad

Hypokalemic sounds like a pain to be living with Bro hope you get it sorted

Cheers mate, I could really do with being a bit lighter and in better condition which is the goal. When I get to that point I'll look at bringing weight back up slowly.

Yeah it's a bit of a bugger, but now i know what it is it's easy to manage. The first attack I had I woke up nearly paralysed from the waist down, bit of a fright there.

Hypokalemic period paralysis must suck dude!
Extra attention required for diet and hydration in that case!!!

Get some pictures up pal! (black out the face if you're uncomfortable with your picture online)

Hypokalemic period paralysis must suck dude!
Extra attention required for diet and hydration in that case!!!

Get some pictures up pal! (black out the face if you're uncomfortable with your picture online)

Yeah can be a bugger at times, but got it under control now by keeping sodium low and getting more fruit and veg in.

Will get them up tonight, don't think the folk I the office would like me stripping down to my keks. I warn you they won't be pretty but hopefully it'll serve as motivation when I need it!

Reactions: Con
40 minutes cardio done. Between that, getting up at 4am for push and a crazy day at work im knackered. Due to work being mental macros were a bit low
P 188g
C 265g
F 36g

Will rectify this next few days. No training tomorrow am so having this then off to bed, will get the missus to do pics in the morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 373
I am not a fan of that product nor are a few of my buddies.
If any thing it kept us awake!

I am not a fan of that product nor are a few of my buddies.
If any thing it kept us awake!

I was really impressed. As Aron was. My gf also.

Interesting, somatomax is what we were comparing against.
Similar profile.

You mentioned that before. Never tried it. M

What I found is 1 scoop was only half the recommend gram serving tho. I thought was crap.

Once I had 2 scoops much more impressed

Now time for the embarrassing part. I knew that I was well out of shape but didn't know it was quite so bad, it's always harder looking at photos. But, I'll do more pics in a couple of weeks time so I'm going to hammer training to make sure the next lot are better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 415
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 407
40 mins cardio done last night. Off work today so done a back/bi session this morning with 30mins cardio after.
All sets 20-18-15-12 unless specified

Lat pull 4x
V-Handle pull 4x
Cable row 4x
BB Row 12,12,7
Alternate dumbbell curl 4x
Preacher machine 4x
Decline crunch 3 x 20, 16, 12

Going to put BB row first in future, by the time I came to it lower back was too pumped. Enjoying slightly higher volume for the meantime tho.

Will weigh in tomorrow as I'm off out with the missus in the afternoon which will involve a tgi Fridays. So Saturday morning may not be pretty lol will do 60mins cardio tomorrow am to try limit any damage!

Weighed in this morning at 16st 8lbs, which comes out at a 5lb loss. Looks a bit drastic so will cut back cardio slightly. Delts this morning followed by 20 mins cardio.

All 20-18-15-12
Side laterals 4x (2 warm up sets x 20)
Rear laterals 4x
Viking press 4x (adapted leverage squat for this, feels brilliant)
BB Upright row 4x
Cable front ext 2 x 20

Off to edinburgh today, will be having a TGI's so food before and after will be minimal. As it'll be high sodium have magnesium taurine and potassium to make sure I don't have any issues tomorrow, will keep fluids high too.

40 mins cardio tonight, found some Dhacks t5's at the back of the cupboard which make cardio a breeze.

Back