1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

Understanding Esters, Active-Life and Half-Life

Discussion in 'Anabolic Steroids & Prohormones' started by bigacb, Apr 6, 2011.

1. alr

alr Full Member

it's off topic but u don't remember steroid super board? lol

2. B|GJOE

B|GJOE Diet Expert Expert

Of course I remember that board. Was a member.

I remember going to log on one day and it was gone. Info from it used in a big operation state side a few years ago.

Jesus, what do you think I am, some kind of noob? LOL

3. B|GJOE

This is NOT what the OP says.

So do I take the red pill and wake up tomorrow none the wiser and continue my life as a bodybuilder ignorant to the way things work, or do I take the blue pill and see how far the rabbit hole goes?

4. B|GJOE

I'm right on 1 now. Reading the OP which at first glance appears to be helpful, but it don't take long for it to all fall apart.

If you go back to page 1 and read my first post in the thread, I was asking how long hormone takes to be broken down. And what effect esterification has.

So this is saying that Esterification is only to slow release of hormone from the injection site, then it says this helps as without esterification the hormone would only be active in the body for a matter of hours

Well fcuk me sideways, it makes no sense!

5. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

I think the question is Joe even if y do get ure head round it do u think it will make a blind bit if difference to how y cycle gear or the gains u get ??

Greyphantom likes this.
  6. B|GJOE

Well actually yes. I'm wanting to be able to structure cycles that are out of the system within 30 days. Short bursts.

7. Hilly

then your only real option is test prop regardless of how half life works surely? actually even beter would be suspension if wanting to be on the safe side.

why not stick to suspension and orals. this would be the perfect option for ure needs i think

8. B|GJOE

Kind of limits the weapons in my armory but will achieve the objective.

Besides, it's my nature to seek out knowledge and understanding, and at the moment the jigsaw is still a long way from being complete in my mind.

It's too late for me to let it drop in favor of the easy option. I gotta know now. My quest is just begun.

9. B|GJOE

Aha a revelation. Just pulled this from steroid.com, which really helped me make sense of the whole half life thing.

However, yet again the same article above quotes the following:

Just 6 days for decanoate, whereas the Op article quotes 15 days for decanoate. Personally I think 6 is more realistic, and maybe 3 half lives before it becomes inactive, meaning 18 days active life approx. Either way I'm just guessing, but it just goes to show how massively different, different sources of information can be. 6 days to 15 days, fcuking ridiculous, how we supposed to get things right with such a massive margin of error. I've also read the half life is affected by site. Delt extends half life over the glute.

10. B|GJOE

11. Hilly

I always understood it that if you started with 100g and a halflife was 5 days then 5 days later i would have 50g then 5 days later i would have 25 then 5 days later 12.5 then 5 days later 6.25 and so forth?

obviously this wont be exact as physiologically it cant but i think its a nice simple way of getting it and how half life is explained in chemisty etc if i remember right. only at gcse/as level tho lmao dicked it off then far to hard

12. Con

Con Moderator

Ah SSB.com that takes me back :-)
    It was crazy when it all went to hell, even i was worried for a while.

13. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

personally I would worry more about detection times than half lives when it comes to arranging a cycle if you need them to clear in a certain time period... but I am not that bright so may have it wrong... :D

14. B|GJOE

It's not detection I'm concerned about mate. I just want to try short bursts next year, based on the writings of ALRI Building the perfect beast. But there is so much contradictory information out there, that I figured the only way I can construct them right is to understand the mechanism myself, then I am not reliant upon all the information out there, which is over simplified and different dependent on the source of the information.

15. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

oooh I see, apologies...