What is REALLY Achievable? Can we only gain 6-7lb a Year?

Ok pics as proof
Oct2 2009 19st 6pm

00100bca.jpg

23st 5lb a couple of weeks ago

fe7b9a44.jpg

Great job bro...I kinda remember you from UK-M but not the details...you were Van..? Think maybe I had you on my friends list :whistling:...Glad you stuck to your guns and didn't let anybody convince you differantly...I think the big ISSUE with this debate is it's two differant matters being confused as one...I, for example gained over 25lbs the first yr I started lifting seriously ( not assisted )...I just ate like a fecking horse and had a great combo of proper routine and rest with a former Marine as a partner that wasn't going to let me slack...ever...So anyone whos been lifting awhile and only see a gain of 5lbs a yr is going to be in the mindset that thats only whats acheivable and completely ignoring newbie gains. Take newbie gains and another yr with a great diet and you can add 30 lbs of muscle...Fact...Anyway, thats where I think the confusion lies and why it can become a very pigheaded debate because both parties are right and they know it so neither one is willing to accept the other or backdown...Thats my story and I'm sticking to it....Great thread...

Reactions: kgb
holy fuk,van?????

gotta say it mate,well done,you took some seeeeeeerious slating back in the day,always good to see someone turn it around,seriously impressed man.

imo everyone is different,depends on all factors involved but i would say that 10-12lbs is defo possible.

i myself seem to put on around 4-5lb each year whilst largely half @rsing it and fuking about,if i could get consistent head on i believe i could prob double that anyway.

Thanks for your kind words bud, but aye i did take a slating.. looking back i may of acted differently but i always knew the goal in my head so always seemed realistic but to other may of come across as over confident which is understandable tbh

Was always a big reader of your threads on UKM especially in the 'Private Section' anyone who has seen that will kno what i mean! :tongue:

Im hoping for 14lb gain this year if possible i do not know at this stage but its my goal 16 st on stage next year.

I gained 1.5 stone and was leaner in the space of a year, so anyone who says you can only gain x amount is talking bollocks.

20lb in one year i like the sound of that any fundimentals you think helped you achieve that?

these initial gains will probably be the high light of your gains through out bbing

so enjoy :thumb:

This is my exact point, (no offenese) but why would these gains stop now? my newbie gains would of stopped along time ago in theory.

If you are contantly eating, increasing knowledge and progressivly moving forward in terms of weights surley gains are constant as long as progress is constant, unless you reach Mr O size then id understand that you are near the point of what is *humanly possible (*at this stage in time with current science, chemical and nutrition knowledge and understanding)

Amazing progress and obviously born to do this.not like us mere mortals who bust there as everyday and eat right but don't grow half as good as you.

No i think more people can do this than what you think i certainly didnt look like a genetic potential bodybuilder in pic 4, i think a huge part is what YOU believe you can do, and what you want to do ovcourse.

i gained 7-8kg last year and probably a couple more whilst prepping this year. i plan on doing the same next year with my new knowledge.

What was it you changed? GREAT Gains 17lb is awesome, 20lb by Khaos in 1 year! i much prefer these sorts of figures. :thumb:

Wouldn't say that, he looked shyt (no offence) for a while then all of a sudden had a massive change in how he looked. Whether this was due to gear use, GH, peps, better diet/training I don't know, I suspect a mixture of all.

Yes i looked shyt for sure, hence i posted it cant all surley be genetics (maybe im wrong) but looking at me in pic4 you would never say he looks like a good 'potential bodybuilder'.. so surley anyone who truley wants to change there physique CAN i dont think i was anything special in terms of frame etc.. only thing i had was the beleif i could do it thus getting slated on UKM! :lol:

I beleive with clever chemical usage and GENETIC MODIFICATION as this is what we are doing most people could achieve way more than they would maybe beleive!

Why is everyone saying 'the other forum' - it's UKM not a fcuking taboo now is it?

Great thread though, it's always a nice breath of fresh air reading something positive for once on a bodybuilding forum. Great gains btw.

SHHHHHhhhh... didnt think you could talk about other forums here. :tongue:

Reason i dont spend much time on forums is due to negativity although i still think great place for knowledge shairing!... as talking pseudoscience with most people in the gym is difficult amongst the grunts!

You work with Con dnt you?

I did for a while Yes hes a good guy, honest and wont fill you full of BS, had some great advice from him even one of best pieces of advice from him this year which was to start to listen and beleive in myself.

if it takes you 10 weeks to see your abs then you are to fat and so not gaining as much muscle as you possible can, why not add some cardio into your regime then you can eat more calories?

but it is also down to what you perceive is Abs? i can see my abs and intercostals without the aid of an ultrasound but i would not say i have a 6 pack....

yea definatly a slowly slowly catch monkey joe.....my outlook is much different these days now that i know what i know my head is not in the sand......i am at my heaviest weight now of 235lbs i still have vascularity and the shadow of ab type muscles......yet i have used the least amount of gear in the 2 cycles i have done this year i have ever used other than the first year of using......23yrs ago......yet i am gaining better than ever??
Van's gains are awesome i cannot say anything else other than that, i respect you for the fact you have stuck to a goal and achieved it knowing what i know now i would question what you had to use to achieve this or even maintain it long term but that is more down to the old cautious man i have become over the years :)

this confuses me also??

Questioning is what this sport is all about after all i agree! so i shall answer.. in terms of ''Anabolics'' i think i use less than most (could be wrong) but my cycles are slighlty different.

here is an example of what someone like myself may do if i was to use anabolics :lol:
5ml Test Cyp Front load
Prop 1.5ml EOD
Anavar 80mg ED

4 weeks later compounds will change drop orals for 4 weeks, but mg/mg will be simular

peptide cycle is quite simple but HGH plays a big role, this is all changing though to help me get to 16 stone stage weight next year.

Thats Honestly id go more into figures of what i may do should i take steroids ot anyone over PM or Facebook.

Great job bro...I kinda remember you from UK-M but not the details...you were Van..? Think maybe I had you on my friends list :whistling:...Glad you stuck to your guns and didn't let anybody convince you differantly...I think the big ISSUE with this debate is it's two differant matters being confused as one...I, for example gained over 25lbs the first yr I started lifting seriously ( not assisted )...I just ate like a fecking horse and had a great combo of proper routine and rest with a former Marine as a partner that wasn't going to let me slack...ever...So anyone whos been lifting awhile and only see a gain of 5lbs a yr is going to be in the mindset that thats only whats acheivable and completely ignoring newbie gains. Take newbie gains and another yr with a great diet and you can add 30 lbs of muscle...Fact...Anyway, thats where I think the confusion lies and why it can become a very pigheaded debate because both parties are right and they know it so neither one is willing to accept the other or backdown...Thats my story and I'm sticking to it....Great thread...

Hey bud hope ur well, I think main reason most dont gain lots as they dont train hard enough i train to failure each set doing allot of negatives etc which would take it out of a mere mortal but not somebody who is eating and chemically enhancing themselves for quick repair.

Pros keep gaining mass year in year out (most do) so i think if what your doing works modify and improve it thus keeping it fresh, if your not gaining then theres a hole in either, diet, training or suplimentation.. possibly even all...

Get'ing a coach, readign boards IMO can help you skip years of making mistakes thus easier for someone to gain quicker.. im sure PSCarb, Con, Jordan, JW, Scott Weeman etc would all say they could of got themselves to where they are now much quicker had they have the knowldege they have today.. i know i could.

Ok pics as proof
Oct2 2009 19st 6pm
23st 5lb a couple of weeks ago

Insane difference and that isnt ''newbie'' gains as people have said as u looked trained in pic 1... 56lb (23lb per year aprox) what do you think honestly was your key to success?

Rick some of the cycles u have told me u were running or going to run were a little different to that listed if I remember right as was the hgh use ?

Is the above just what ure using now ??

Just read this Rick, v inspirational. Congrats on what you have achieved so far with your physique.
When did you first start with a coach?

Id be very interested to hear what was used to achieve that level of transofmation over such a little period of time..

Thats not calling you out Rick, As i said before, irrespective of dosage...you transformation is superb.

HAir was terrible though ;)

Rick some of the cycles u have told me u were running or going to run were a little different to that listed if I remember right as was the hgh use ?

Yes i did use some heavy cycles wayyyyyyyyyyy back. but my gains made from May 2010 to May 2011 not heavy at all IMO and simular ot above (HGH was used in different methods yes as i said plays a big role)

I did blast but wouldnt do it again as i think there are slighlty better ways to use hgh now.

Id be very interested to hear what was used to achieve that level of transofmation over such a little period of time..

Thats not calling you out Rick, As i said before, irrespective of dosage...you transformation is superb.

HAir was terrible though ;)

You know where my inbox is bud (pic 4 to pic 1) made allot of mistakes and used high dose pic 1 May 2010 to may 2011 no where near as much but was introduction of peps.

Reactions: CJ
This is my exact point, (no offenese) but why would these gains stop now? my newbie gains would of stopped along time ago in theory.

If you are contantly eating, increasing knowledge and progressivly moving forward in terms of weights surley gains are constant as long as progress is constant, unless you reach Mr O size then id understand that you are near the point of what is *humanly possible (*at this stage in time with current science, chemical and nutrition knowledge and understanding)

Dont even think it stops at Mr O tbh if you train hard (and smart) enough. Coleman from 2002 - 2003. Yates from 1992 - 1993. IMMENSE gains!

People thought these transformations were physically impossible being the size Yates and Coleman were at already. Recent interviews with them both say that its all about the training as opposed to the drugs. When Coleman was asked what he did he said "I just lifted some heavy ass weight". When Yates was asked he said "I trained like a fvcking animal for the year".

When you train pretty much day in, day out its hard to keep the fire alive of progressive resistance in your main lifts...thats where the desire and passion comes from IMO. Not everyone has it...but then thats what separates the men from the boys :D

Well over a gram test base on Ukm in 2010 I recall.:) still good work just don't try and pull wool over eyes eh.

Well over a gram test base on Ukm in 2010 I recall.:) still good work just don't try and pull wool over eyes eh.

As i said above i did some havy cycles in reply to Hilly

''Yes i did use some heavy cycles wayyyyyyyyyyy back. but my gains made from May 2010 to May 2011 not heavy at all IMO and simular ot above (HGH was used in different methods yes as i said plays a big role)

I did blast but wouldnt do it again as i think there are slighlty better ways to use hgh now. ''

and 2g+ Actually! but no need for that anymore now i know how to train, eat properly train harder and use clever peptides ;)

Questioning is what this sport is all about after all i agree! so i shall answer.. in terms of ''Anabolics'' i think i use less than most (could be wrong) but my cycles are slighlty different.

here is an example of what someone like myself may do if i was to use anabolics :lol:
5ml Test Cyp Front load
Prop 1.5ml EOD
Anavar 80mg ED

4 weeks later compounds will change drop orals for 4 weeks, but mg/mg will be simular

peptide cycle is quite simple but HGH plays a big role, this is all changing though to help me get to 16 stone stage weight next year.
thats cool if that is what you use although i don't understand why you do not go into GH and peptide amounts?
what is the MG of the Cyp? 200/ml ? so from the above you made the transformation using a front load of approx 1g of cyp? and a weekly amount of approx 1g of gear? the amount you have used takes nothing away from what you have acheived just curious to why the cloak and dagger with the doses??

thats cool if that is what you use although i don't understand why you do not go into GH and peptide amounts?
what is the MG of the Cyp? 200/ml ? so from the above you made the transformation using a front load of approx 1g of cyp? and a weekly amount of approx 1g of gear? the amount you have used takes nothing away from what you have acheived just curious to why the cloak and dagger with the doses??

I wasnt gonna go into doses on forums any more (as have been advised not to) but since weve gone this far i may aswell....

250mg/1ml

From around May2011 is when i started using HGH, mostly 8-10IU ED i did 3-4 blasts using aprox 20iu ed for 5 days.. but IMO this isnt the best way to run hgh,

im about to start 20iu eod with GHRP's on off day id rather of discussed all over PM but i do not want to appear ''cloak & Dagger''

Most people are ''cloak and dagger'' with what they do IMO, above is what i do, it could be better but atm ''life'' wont allow.

Insane difference and that isnt ''newbie'' gains as people have said as u looked trained in pic 1... 56lb (23lb per year aprox) what do you think honestly was your key to success?

Muscle memory some of it coming back after a 10 year lay off I'd been training 1.5yrs natty in first pic also obviously gear but mainly food

Back