Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
33,643
Messages
1,119,688
Members
20,559
Latest member
bigbodybuilding
  • © 2000 - 2026 All content on this website is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without consent.
  • TMuscle forum does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding supplements.
    TMuscle has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.

    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.

    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM. IF MEMBERS FIND ANYTHING ILLEGAL PLEASE REPORT IMMEDIATELY FOR PROMPT REMOVAL

    Read Our Forum Terms and Rules

What weight you use for dumbell benches?

Levstar

Top Contributor
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
1,243
Reaction score
890
Hi guys

Just wondering what sort of weight you use for DB bench (flat) compared to BB BP?

My all time best was 140x5 on bench and at time I was using 60kg dumbells for 5 reps

What you guys pressing?

I would love to hit the 70s one day for good reps!


Posted using TMuscle App
 
140kg for a single on a bench and 46kgs for about 12.
 
I used to do the 50's for 12 reps with a bench of 140.
Now my bench is about 120-130, haven't done dumbells in a while but Id guess 45's for 8 reps.


Posted using TMuscle App
 
Best bench was 130kg for 2.

Currently using 37.5kg bells for 12 but really focusing on TUT and muscle contraction.

Previously pressed 50s for 7 but was just moving A to B.


Posted using TMuscle App
 
Currently at 175 for 8 (last Friday). Best has been 185 for 6.. about 3 years ago.
 
I go upto the 52s on dumbbell press for 10-12 reps.
Flat bench I have done 150 x6 a year or so ago but now if I do it I never really go above 120 fore reps, due to injured shoulders.
 
remember doing 3sets of 12 with the 50s at my old gym (which were the heaviest they had) back at xmas time...which was also the last time I did flat DB press. new gym goes upto 55s...recon id probably get a decent set with with them now, but fuck knows.
 
142.5 x1 bench - 52.5 x3 DB press
 
Before I got old and when I was immensely massive I would push 40+ regularly.
Since my shoulders got ruined, I'm lucky to lift half that....though I can push a single 50kg with both hands for 50 reps no bother.
Weird, ain't it?:confused:
 
65's for 6-8 reps although I prefer higher reps and will often use 50's and Aim for 20 reps.
I never flat bench
 
150lbers on the incline for 6 to 8 reps...I dont do flat db pressing.
 
Best bench for reps was 160kg x2 and 150kg x5, I've only just started on the old dumbbells for the first time, I'm up to 52.5's.

Really enjoying the change, really feeling the ROM though.
 
150lbers on the incline for 6 to 8 reps...I dont do flat db pressing.

Lot of people saying this of late.

Con, any reasoning behind why you dont do flats anymore?
 
Back
Top