Why bodybuilding?

54und3r5

Competitor
So what made everyone suddenly start going to the gym and consuming a protein rich diet?

For me, it was being fed up of looking skinny and people telling me that I looked like a rake!

Once I started training and eating 6-8 meals a day, it became part of my daily routine and up until this day I'm hooked!

So why bodybuilding? And for those who decided to take AAS or peptides, what influenced your decision in starting them?

Far too fat, knew it but blatently ignored it. Comfy lifestyle *Ignorance is bliss*

One day the switch just "flicked" and for the last 8 weeks i've been 100% focused on my goals.

Gave up the cigs too at the same time :thumb:

I'm still very early on my road to a new me, but I take one day at a time.

Uriel: was your decision to take the assisted route a premature one or had you reached a level naturally where you could not progress anymore?

GhO - keep your new healthy lifestyle up mate! You'll feel a lot better for it :0)

GhO - keep your new healthy lifestyle up mate! You'll feel a lot better for it :0)

Thanks mate :) I intend too!

I must also say that bodybuilding stigma of "meat heads" (sometimes!) could not be further from the truth, and have found most people to be extreemly helpful and approachable -and honest!

Weather it be a question on training / diet or AAS - someone will always give you help and advice. You can't buy that kind of knowledge or community spirit.

Training was a previous love of mine many moons ago.
So 15 years later I decided to get back to it :)

Hated been normal
hated walking down the street and not been noticed
love bettering myself, be it condition/lifts/size
love the attention it brings me
love my friends/family telling me i look horrible and too big

GHO - I think the meathead portrayal of gym users and most frequently asssisted trainers is unfortunately present in most areas/gyms I've trained in!

Your always going to get the 1 div who will convey a lasting bad impression and unfortunately people unassociated with the gym automatically make assumptions and judgments of people who are big/take steds!

GHO - I think the meathead portrayal of gym users and most frequently asssisted trainers is unfortunately present in most areas/gyms I've trained in!

Your always going to get the 1 div who will convey a lasting bad impression and unfortunately people unassociated with the gym automatically make assumptions and judgments of people who are big/take steds!

Imagine if your a bodybuilding tattoo'd biker........ohh imagine the stigma there :D

Sadly I agree with you 54und3r5, life is full of div's sadly :rolleyes:

Bodybuilding makes me feel good to be in my skin. As a slightly above average size for a woman - it always invites some debate, discussion, admiration sometimes awe and the flipside, disgust :D

Lou X

So at present it seems that the main reason for beginning is due to our own inadequacies and general dislike of the way we perceived our selves.

Do you think that training has actually helped you achieve a physique in which you are content with or do you think that we'll never achieve it?

Whilst I am a huge advocate of bodybuilding, sometimes I dwell upon the thought of whether striving to create the ideal physique is mentally tortuous! Many of days, I sometimes look in the mirror and feel inadequate with the level of muscularity I have achieved, yet other days I feel like the bollox. Is bodybuilding a psychological battle in trying to create a body we want others to accept rather than ourselves?

How many of you would not train if it was possible to be happy as a skinny/fat person?

So at present it seems that the main reason for beginning is due to our own inadequacies and general dislike of the way we perceived our selves.

Do you think that training has actually helped you achieve a physique in which you are content with or do you think that we'll never achieve it?

Whilst I am a huge advocate of bodybuilding, sometimes I dwell upon the thought of whether striving to create the ideal physique is mentally tortuous! Many of days, I sometimes look in the mirror and feel inadequate with the level of muscularity I have achieved, yet other days I feel like the bollox. Is bodybuilding a psychological battle in trying to create a body we want others to accept rather than ourselves?

How many of you would not train if it was possible to be happy as a skinny/fat person?

Well so far it's helped me out of 46" trousers :D

I guess the question is - as you get bigger, do you then strive to be even bigger?

i just like training tbh dont have a particular good shape but i just enjoy going to the gym and doing abit one day hopefully i can get into a really good shape to be proud of

Back