Anyone into detailing?

Need to do a winter detail and protection but this damn weather!!

Which DA do you use?

Just done a paint correction. Started at 11am and finished at 6pm.

Rain interrupted the wax process so had to quick wax instead.

Just done a paint correction. Started at 11am and finished at 6pm.

Rain interrupted the wax process so had to quick wax instead.
Got any before and afters?

Ive managed to get a mirror shine on a metallic silver car today. 

Got any before and afters?

Ive managed to get a mirror shine on a metallic silver car today. 
Ed the weather was shit today and I was just after doing it before it started pissing down.

Will do it on my next attempt on a black car now that I kinda know what I am doing.

Was nerve wrecking at first but took it easy, went with light pressure with the orange pad. When I came across scratches I increased the pressure with more passes.

I seemed to have managed to lift all the scratches which I am impressed with.

Would have loved to wax with the DA but it started to rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just cleaned the bike.
This is after a Polish
Gonna use some autoglym egp after walking hounds
Spray the metal work with gt 85 quite like this product at the moment.

69f6ec96709879a985d7fd0655cd5866.jpg
20ad9ee3cdb42342a7723c180e20f880.jpg
6766624d0f5dd40c75550c7009372ce6.jpg

Reactions: Pip
Lets see a few further back?
I'm on this R6 facebook page and I'm sure this kid had some sort of fetish. He was like "I want people to post pictures with their helmets on the bike, okay now with out the seat cowl"

I was going to give mine a clean but started to configure that dash and it was quite time consuming.

Just took some but its hard not a lot of room in garage. Was gonna push it outside but its started raining.
4a1059ffe45bc7dbe868fec57ab38d72.jpg
75e68ab742dc1f78e0ac7772d941ac97.jpg
e06da846f2ccb116d8f20264cfb0982a.jpg

How often do you clean your chain?
I dropped to once a month instead of weekly, bad move little spots of rust fuck all like but it sets my ocd off!!

I didn't realise you had the R. Well nice bike mate. Love it in white. I used to clean mine quite frequently to be honest as you say it goes rusty quite quick. I usually use the degreaser called Gunk. It's very strong and stinks like fuck so use in a well ventilated area. I then clean the bike and make sure it's all off. Some people say not to as wd40 can damage the o-ring in the chain but I think that's shit so use anyway. Then I use a wd40 chain wax which I really recommend over the top. With my bike being sat up for a year my chain has become rusty and possibly a bit tight in places. I changed to a gold DID one but may buy another but a lighter 520 just to be on the safe side.

I stick it on the rear paddock stand and put in 1st and just use a hard bristle brush. Seen one twat on a video using a rag!! I can't see that ending well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use parrafin and a tooth brush. Haven't used a water displacer maybe I should. I use the wd40 chain wax.

Back