The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Completely shut us down now. Head of PE wasn't having it that after school clubs are curricular... which he is obviously right. Principal backed down but only to not force them to do something they felt uncomfy with. So no need us being there at all.

Mrs won't leave she's 50 and won't have security anywhere else. Plus she doesn't fight her corner well and makes things worse. It unfolded exactly as I said would... with her boss coming back saying she fought for them to get furloughed and as draining as it was she won - so making it look like she's done them all a solid rather than it being already set and her being an awkward cvnt for the sake of it.

Jesus didn't think they would shut it down completely,so are you off work or do you still need to go in now and then to check on things etc?

The boss of your Mrs place sounds like a glory hound as well as a arsehole but if she's got them furloughed why the hell does she want your Mrs to go to work that makes no sense whatsoever.

Typical woman LOL

Nah, I've been fully furloughed this time. The boss and groundsman are the only part-furloughed staff this time. I'll still go in to train when I can (did today) and I have a training course to do that, TBH, is easier at work. With the Mrs now being furloughed it also means if she wants to train (which she will just to leave the house) I won't be there alone which is the boss' main worry.

I told the mrs it would unfold exactly like that with her boss (same narcissism as TH) but she is now off so we'll take the win. BUT... she wanted to come shopping so I had to tell her (a bit like when she made me ditch my secret gym session as it was risking her health) that she can't play the "I will die card" but then go out shopping (only with the gym threat she still came shopping LOL). We're also going to try and claim PIPS, hopefully if successful it will mean we can get a nice new Motability car... doubt we'll be that lucky, we aren't lazy unemployed layabouts who play the system well enough

Got up for my walk this morning quietly hoping I would get the group chat text to say the gym was on today. It never came so it was off to work afterwards to get my ham session in with the mrs. One of the lads has bought his oly bar so I can actually get this session in fine hopefully the next 2 leg sessions will coincide with my mate being in, I do have some flexibility on the days I can do with Monday usually being my rest day. On the plus side I did see one of the lads out walking his dog on the way so I know they weren't there and leaving me in the dark LOL

A: Barbell GMs ROM: 10x20, 10x40, 8x60, 80x13, 10 9
B: Seated Ham Curl: 195x20, 15, 13
C: Press Calves: 125+ 20, 17, 15
D: Standing Calves: 50x15 +Myoreps 5x5 reps
E: Wrist Curls - LPD Bar: 35x(?) x19, 19, 19 (last 2 set RP)

OK, so BB GMs seems to be tougher than smith GM. Happy with ROM and hit the hams well, reps a bit shy of desired range but for now I will take what I can. Seated hams were good but took a while to get the set up right, kept feeling off and it's been a while (I was used to it always being set up where I left it before LOL), but it got the hams doing the job they needed to and felt good. After this things went awry as I didn't pack my belt and chains no cable calf work was off the menu. Leg press calf work was fine after I had played around to see if I could use the cables (I think if I use the bar rather than handles I can, but I'll remember my belt next time anyway) reps on the press were up on the other day too. Where I started to fvck up tho was seeing if I could get some seated calf work done and it wasn't happening, the standing calf work I did using the handles was silly, couldn't balance at all even with the lower load and myorepping but couldn't be bothered to waste more time finding an alternative today. Finishing move was forearm curls, all good there RPing the last 2 sets to match rep.

No nasty repercussion after yesterdays workout so up early for my morning walk (I'm guessing I'm going too get uber lean again during lockdown unless I bump my cals up), had breakfast then hit my work gym with the mrs. I now have 2 days for my mate to open to let me get my next workout in as it's quads if I want to stick to my xmas deload plan, if he's open tomorrow I'll grab the chance as I would ideally like to get my next ham session in there 2. Anyway, cracking day today, sunny and warm so time to get a sweat on.

A: Cable BB Flat Press: 15x20s, 10x40s, 55s x24, 16, 14
B1: Cable Flyes Flat : 30s x17, 15, 12
B2: Cable Handle Press: 30s x10, 8, 8
C: Pulley Skulls: 30s x21, 18, 14
D: Ext X Overs: 10s x18, 15, 14
E: Spider Curls: 12.5s x19 + myorep 5x5

Got off to a flyer with bench reps nicely up on last week without overcooking things. On the supersets flyes were pretty strong, as per bench I was quite a few reps. The pressing part of the SS was also up, not to the same degree and a solid few reps so pretty happy with that. 4 reps better on CG and quite a bit up on this point last block, really felt the contraction, and still a favourite this exercise. Ext was more consistent this week, a strong first set set me up nicely and finished off with spider curls myorepping my way to a good pump to drive home with with the windows down LOL but only a 1 rep progression here.

Been a couple of days. Took yesterday off as I would do normally unless I heard from my mate, which I didn't. Didn't today either. Got a feeling as he's still running his therapy clinic it's stuffed up any gym windows we may have had (wish I'd never told him he could open for that now as he didn't realise LOL), hope I've not just been culled from the secret group tho. Anyway, I've been here before and I know what I can do at my place. Found a bit of game changer today too for leg sessions. This was all after taking my cat to the vets tho. She's been rough for a while and it's looking like it could be a kidney disease, but it could be leukaemia which will be guttening as this is the one that dotes over me and if it comes to it I know I'll be blubbing. Find out in the next day or so. Already £150 down just for a blood test. Just filled out 40 pages of PIPs application. And now the Mrs is cooking tea, pray for me...

A: Leg Press: 12x63, 10x97, 10x143, 177x12... 165x12, 10
B: Leg Extension: 175 x16, 13, 12
C: Belt Calves: 75s +6s x17, 15, 13
D: Calf Press: 120+x19 + myoreps 5x5
E: Cable SLRs: 5s x25 + myoreps 5x5

Firstly, weighed in at 98.7kg..... So my revelation came in the form of the rollers I use on my mates leg press for improved ROM (I now, not exactly something new in that sense). As with his this made a full stack easy 20 reps in to 3 pins lighter and struggled for double digits. Hits the quads hard and true so happy with this as it means I can do them without pre-exhausting. May even need to go a bit lighter but only 2 sessions of this left anyway so we'll see. Might still get in at my mates yet too who knows. Anyway, good sets, worked hard. Slightly misjudged extensions weight, reps a bit shy but this isn't something to stress over, reps were still good and true. Remembered my belt and chains today so got my belt calf work on point, lighter stack so used a couple of DB that ended out being a bit too heavy ideally but couldn't be ar5ed to muck about changing once set up so got the job done. Calf press was done myorep style and these were good, nice activation set to kick off with and a solid 5x5 then wrapped up with SLRs, all good here as it matches up to my mates one perfectly.

Just read about the cat hope it pulls through dude.

The Mrs cooked tea.............was it her famous pasta dish? Lol

Bit shit on the Armageddon training but at least you still have your works gym and it's well kitted out so that should keep you going.

Have you ever ran tbol? If so was it any good?

It was lasagne. Only she can't time anything and wanted chops with it so she cooked it and then 1hr later I had to reheat it and do the rest LOL And I had to follow it up with a protein shake. She's doing a creamy chicken pasta tonight, which will use a full carton of cream. Not sure it's the most macro friendly meal for so I may have to bail and have my own prepped meal tonight. I'll see tho, I may show willing and I did do my 5k walk today so I have cals in the bank.

The whole whatsapp group has gone dead so I suspect there's a new one without me LOL I don't actually mind, I'm the only one with alternative use and if he's risking it then the fewer he has going the better, so I would understand kicking me off, it's not like him not to to say tho so it could genuinely be that there is no action at all. It would only take 1 elderly physio client to see 3 people leaving the gym to drop him in the sh!t and he doesn't exactly owe us anything.

I ran tbol the blast before this one. It's not a med you get a lot from but it certainly seemed to kick things along and would use it again

Got my walk in today after missing it yesterday. No news on the cat yet but hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow, she is here now it's just bloods getting checked. That reminds me, I need a new carry basket for them. Anyway, once all done the Mrs and I got off to work before 11 to get our session in

A: Seated Row - Bar - Sternum: 12x45, x65, 10x95, 125x18, 16(?), 15
B: Lat Pull Down: 125+x23, 17, 14
C: Free Cable Curls: 25s x21, 15, 12
D: Cable EZ Curls: per side 20s x21, 16, 14
E: Machine Press: 155+x22, 15, 13

Solid start, shoulder feeling about 90-95% today so moving well and rows were smooth. Up a few reps on the week and felt true. LPD followed suit and was up 4 reps. Form was really locked in and lats were on fire. Only 2 reps up on free curls but I did push these last week so there was never much to play with, good reps again tho and a very true 2RIR. EZ curls saw +1 on every set so they were decent, all of this done without wasting time as the Mrs was around. Quick chest finisher moved really well, no warm up set, straight in with a 22 repper, finished the 3 sets up 4.

Why do they give us such small portions?,my Mrs is exactly the same unless it's chips then she piles my plate up and then takes the huff when I leave loads of them LOL.

He might well have thought it's just not worth the risk I can see some hefty fine for not sticking to the rules.Or maybe it's payback for benching in the squat rack.

I was looking at tbol as it seems like a decent one to give a go and doesn't look like it has much in the way of sides.

So how's life on furlough with the Mrs?

TBF as it was all made with full fat cream I'm glad she didn't go mad (like grandmas do LOL), she also uses less meat for a meal to feed 3 of us than I would use for myself alone.

The only thing with my mate's place is how the group chat has gone dead since he let a couple in on Friday.... so he's probably just set those guys up and left it. And yeah, I don't blame him, I wouldn't be surprised if he has shut it down altogether but then he's not known as one to obey the law. I've only done legs there since lockdown ended anyway.... and I can bench in the rack at my work if I want to ATM

Tbol is pretty mild and doesn't dry you out and give the joint pains you can get with winny etc

Mrs is coping... more to the point, I am. The difference this time is she is staying in other than coming to my gym with me so it is testing her boredom and patience. But she's made her own bed. She's spent the last 2 lockdowns accusing anyone not playing 100% by the rules of putting her life at risk while happily coming shopping etc and having kicked off so much at work if she is seen out and about she'll probably get the sack LOL I gave her a half hour reprieve in B&M this afternoon but that will be it for a few weeks again. It doesn't help her stress and anxiety about going out if she's housebound as her anxiety just build up making it worse when she can.... I'll get her wrapping all the xmas presents up to keep her busy

Thankfully I got the vet call last night and nothing major was found and most signs are fairly positive so just some steroids for her to get her red cell count picking up and hopefully things will sort themselves out. It's not 100% but certainly better than I feared. Made for a slightly more relaxed mind on my walk this morning then the usual jaunt to work, early again, to hit hams. But just to ensure not everything is plain sailing the car started acting up on the way home and would only idle. Manages to get to my mates workshop and it seems like the management code is picking up a throttle sensor issue but we've cleared it down and so far it's fine but I guess it will crop up again and I'll have to fork out another £150 (on top of the cat bill) to get that sorted.... really hope our PIPs is successful now and we can get a newer more modern car and being motability it also comes with all service costs etc included. Not sure we'll be that lucky.

A: Deficit SLDL: 10x50, 90, 120x18, 15, 13(?)
B: Seated Hamstring Curls: 195x20, 16, 13
C: Belt Calves: 75s +4s x18, 15, 14(?)
D: Seated Calf: 60s x17 + myoreps 5x5
E: Cable Grip Curls: 30s x18... 25s x16, 13

After scrabbling around to find everything I needed I eventually hit the deficit SLDL work. Set up was perfect and reps were right where I expected them to be just about getting +1 on each set (altho I forgot to log the 3rd but I'm sure it was up). Lower back pumps at the end were tough tho. After the rigmarole of then putting everything back, not helping the back pumps either, I got myself back in the main gym to carry on. Seated ham work was a grind to get anything on the other day (but then it was only 2 days ago). Was definitely +1 on set 2 but the rest was even. Belted calves had the 4g DBs nt the 6s today but the earlier work seemed to have fired me a bit, plus they were less rested as I knew what I was doing today. As a result reps were only marginally better than the other day and this was another exercise were I forgot to log the 3rd set annoyingly. Managed to get a seated calf set up working and it felt good so we'll see how the next few weeks go there. Finished up with grip curls and that was it. Just realised that I forgot to stretch and do rehab work tho as the mrs was wanting to go, ah well, I don't often miss it.

It's just as well you have your works gym you'd be to take away if you couldn't train.

I know where's she's coming from on the anxiety building if you don't get out and about but also like you say she can't kick off about being at work and then go out shopping etc,at least it gives you a well earned break although she will probably start resenting you.My Mrs gets like that in the summer as she can't take the heat so I get it in the ear because I can work in the hot weather whilst she stays in the house.You just can't win LOL.

Good news on the cat not so good on the car but you never know you could well get a mobility car.

Back pumps are not nice at all,are you finished blasting now?

Mad thing is, she can't wait for Dec 3rd to get back to work.... can't see how she can be sh1tting herself now but once she's allowed back she's bang on it. Her reaction to the virus is 100% dependant on whether the govt is locking down or not. At least she is being more sensible this time tho. Fingers crossed the computer reset has sorted things but I reckon I'll look in to replacing the car whatever the PIPs outcome TBH, it's 15 years old now. Getting a motability car would be huge tho. You literally only pay for fuel, everything else from insurance, to tax, to servicing etc is covered so it saves a good £500-1k a year. Been getting carried away tho and probably jinxing myself but a new Quashqai or Jeep Renegade, even a Skoda Karoq are within means if we get it. Honda HRV or that Hybrid Toyata CHR thing... if you pay a few hundred upfront you can open up other vehicles too. I think what's available changes quarterly. Not sure I'll stretch to £1k upfront to get a nice new merc tho, unless I get a good trade in for mine LOL It would look good outside my council house

Bet we won't be that fortunate tho, probably get fvck all.

Today will see my first cruise jab.

Got my walk in this morning before the rain hit, still pretty mild here. As I missed yesterday's session today was push not quads so headed up with the Mrs after my obligatory pancake making Saturday morning.

A: Incline Cable BB Press: 12x20, x35, 50s x26, 18, 15
B: Incline Cable Fly: 30s x19, 19, 19 (last 2 RP)
C: Cable BB Close Grip: 40s x26, 20, 16/17(?)
D: Free Cable Push Down: 40s x24, 19, 18,
E: DB Curl: Myoreps 15s x19 + 5x5

Strong start this morning with Inc press work up 5 reps over the 3 sets and feeling pretty decent. Incline flyes up 2 reps to 19 reps and used RP again to match the reps on sets 2 and 3, surprised that set 3 was exactly the same as set 2. CG started strong and was 3 sets on the 1st 2 sets, think I lost on the 3rd tho but no matter, all up at the end anyway. Free PDs were up 4 reps and moved well all 3 sets felt solid and hit triceps hard. Whole session had been pretty much up there rep wise by now. Myorep work on DB curls was fine, 2 reps for the good on the activation set and just about hit my 5x5 afterwards. All done to get home, do a fry up (great PWO lunch LOL), drop my boy off 10miles up the road (I think it's to see a girl judging by the fact he washed and conditioned his hair then spent half an hour blow drying it LOL), made the Mrs a vanilla sponge, washed the car and now doing my log update....

Back