The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

The showers I've been using at work for the last 6 months (which have been closed to public use) have just tested positive for legionella, and the most harmful strain too.... I feel I'm invincible now (apart form the bits of me that are falling apart)

If the gun doesn't touch it you certainly need to have someone have a proper look at it do you think it's more of a joint issue than a muscle or tendon one?

Pity she didn't take to the edibles as they give a much longer buzz only draw back is that it isn't instant.

Zach will be on his best behavior over there you wouldn't recognize him LOL.

So that cold is still hanging around but on the plus looks like you dodged a bullet with that legionnaire stuff ......fcuk that could have been nasty.

Those guns can never penetrate really deep in or to underlying tissue, that's their one failing so yeah it does take someone properly digging in there which hurts like hell. Frozen shoulder is essentially a joint problem but I dare say the surrounding tissue is compensating causing a knock on effect.

She has used the edibles but I think she saves them for when she's really struggling, I think she finds the action of smoking (rather than the mechanism of smoking) something she has become attached to, the whole sitting outside on her own for 10mins etc.

I bet he is a different kid. He came back with his face made up like El Diablo from suicide squad. They all went to town as a 'family' (he never does anything like that with us, but then it is just him and his folks so I get it), he was eating mussels one night and wagyu burgers another - living the dream. 3 nights he was there for.... and the Mrs and I made no use of it at all LOL On the behaviour front, I was directed to something the other day which explains how in boys/men, the frontal lobe doesn't fully develop until about 25 so until then they are governed far more emotionally than rationally which does explain a lot.

Cold is definitely a lot better but it does do my head in how long my sinuses kick off for. I'll be shirking the showers for now tho, certainly got away with that one

Your shoulder definitely needs some new eyes on it any chance the Dr could refer you to someone?

Face made up you do wonder what the hell goes on over there but tbh it's probably better you don't know LOL, I watched suicide squad but mainly for Harley Quinn.Frontal lobe thing makes sense, has he not come clean that he's back with her?

They are spoiling him rotten no bloody wonder the bugger doesn't want to back home LOL.

Yeah I would be giving them showers a miss although you could use the women's you've got a great excuse if you get caught.

I think a Dr would just pass me on to some 2 but NHS physio that just rattle you out on a conveyor belt. The one my Mrs saw was a lovely lady but you could sense she wasn't invested in her.

Mrs did ask him if they're together and he said just friends. I'll be watching for any slip ups on holiday don't you worry. But they seem to like him. If I had 2 daughter's so boy on earth would stay the night 3 days running lol

Your probably right with NHS what about the physio that was treating your Mrs didn't he have a look at it before and you got some positive results?.

I reckon he would come clean with you more than your Mrs,we need some top drawer detective work on this holiday break,on the plus your already shit hot at stealth filming so that could come in handy LOL.

I can't believe they let him sleep over that never happened in our day the majority of the time when we were seeing a lass at his age we were more worried that their dads were going to fcuk us up LMAO

The guy I saw said that after 6 weeks there was nothing more that he could do so I am looking at medical intervention I suspect if I want it truly fixed.

There is a spare room they have, which they now refer to as his room LOL They have made it very clear they don't want them sharing a room even if the beds are separate but that's not a problem, the place we're staying at has 2 double beds and a sofa bed. The little sister seems to like him staying too. It is funny, he seems to really enjoy it there. They have 2 dogs too so he's getting attention from every angle. Her parents are cool but I wouldn't worry about her Dad fvcking anyone up, especially as Zach is taller than me I think now, but he's the perfect stereotype IT dad.

2 day split for yesterday/today's session. Plenty of time to get the work in I needed, get the shopping done, pick up the take-out and today to get the Mrs up the gym and get a few chores done. Got Longleat and the Roman Baths all booked in, the rest I can play by ear nearer the time. Forecast is just about looking like it will hold together at 20deg but a little cloudy, which should be spot on. Too hot can make all that hard going so low 20s with a little cloud to take the edge off should be perfect.

Fri
C: Cable EZ Curls: 60x25, 19, 15, 13
D: Spider Curls: 12.5s x19, 17, 14
E: Machine Press S/S: 185/125 x 21/15, 13/12, 10/10
Sat
A: Hammer Rows: 12x20s, 37.5s x22, 17, 13, 12
B: LPD: #12x21, 16, 15
F: Grab Wrist Curls: 20s x27, 27 (19+8), 27 (17+10)

Wrists a little tight on the first rep of a set but aside from that EZ curls were pretty strong. Next time round I may try out a wider grip just to switch things up a tiny bit. Each set was +1 here tho and I had the added 4th set. Spider curls ended out +4 over 3 sets so that went pretty well. Superset chest work saw the odd extra rep too so going pretty well. Rows today saw an 2.5 each side, 1st set lost nothing but then did drop a couple after that, not entirely unexpected TBF. The 4th set took care of any volume issues if there were any. Felt good tho. LPD only saw 1 extra rep gained which I felt was a little poor but I can't honestly say there was any more in me at 1RIR. Grip wrist work to finish this morning's session was a decent enough finish to proceedings tho.

So it's a op to sort it , totally get why your looking for a alternative solution you'd be out of training for a good while........fcuk that lol.

He's got his own room !! I vastly underestimated him he's got this dating thing down to a tee.......respect is due LOL.Thats where I went wrong I should have went after the quieter lasses and not the ones who's family was like the Sopranos.

So when you off on holiday?

Supersets now there's a killer

Been supersetting chest sets on this session for 2 cycles now. They aren't much fun lol.

We head down on Tuesday. Mrs asked if I was training first thing but starting the day early with a quad session and then driving for 3hrs seems a bit unnecessary.

He's certainly good at picking the right ones. I've not dropped him off anywhere that hasn't been a huge fvck off house

Yeah I would give the leg session a miss lol.Bet your looking forward to getting away it must be ages since the last time.

We should have Zach as our relationship advisor he's got his head well and truly screwed on.

3yrs ago we did Menorca, that was our last break of note. Think the mrs is planning on Scotland next year but I wouldn't mind a hot hols somewhere either.

He has surprising wisdom at times..... on the opposite end of the spectrum, when we picked up the grandson today we were made aware of the 'grown up' discussion TH and his GF had about getting the puppy, in that they had a chat about whether they would have another baby or a puppy - cos you know, having a baby is comparable and the sort of thing you toss a coin over FFS!!!!

I was in no frame of mind for what lay ahead in the gym this morning. Up at 8:15 and heading off by 8:45 without breakfast for what was going to be, and indeed was, a brutal hammy session. Thankfully I did snap out of it a little bit but it tough work.

A: SLDL: 10x70, 10x120, 170x17, 13, 8, 5
B: Laying Ham Curls: #8x21, 15, 13
C: Press Calf: 135x18, 16, 13, 12
D: Seated Calves: 42.5x24+ 5x5

Somehow or another my opening set was up a rep, no idea how. I paid after that, dropped one then broke even on the 3rd so stalemate after 3 sets. The 4th set was horrible, that first rep too so much I'm taking the fact I managed 5 as a win but ay have to consider dropping the weight on the last set if not the 3rd too. The reps just wipe me out, especially not I'm 6wks in to my cruise. Ham curls also opened up with +1 and an even set but I did manage quite a good +3 on the last, altho I maybe could have left it at +2. Calf press was actually quite strong and up 6 reps in total here on my session 4 days ago. Seated work just +1 but all good by now.

Last session before the first run of a few days off I've had for a long time. Not going to tempt fate with a leg session tomorrow before a long drive down and a long day managing everyone in the car so I'll save that for Saturday now. Morning shift at work so did the old am/pm split for todays push work, turned out half decent.

am
C: Close Grip: (pulley)60x21, 18, 16, 13
D: /\ Bar PD: 45s x22, 22 (18+4), 22 (12+6+4)
E: Inc DB Curl: Myoreps 15s x21+5x5
pm
A: Incline Smith Press: 10x50, 70x22, 17, 13, 11
B: Incline Cable Fly: #4x23, 18, 16
F: Upright Rows: #8x26+5x5

CG work didn't set the world alight but was up a couple before the 4th set pushed me over the edge and compared well to the last cycle. PD work was actually quite tough going. Happy with form etc but didn't get anything extra out really. Bicep work was only +1 but had a good feel to it today with the shoulder not being to awkward. This afternoons work wasn't bad considering I can sometimes get a bit tight from the morning work. Inc work was +2 before the 4th set but all of it compared well to the last block and not really over working for it (altho not sure every set had a full rep left in me). Flyes, after realising I had loaded it unevenly, wasn't bad. Set 1 a little clunky but I shuffled the bench forward a bit and seemed to get a smoother 2nd and 3rd set but all were up a couple of reps. Uprights only up +1 but shoulder moving very well all things considered.

Time to start food prepping ready for what lies ahead tomorrow.

Back