Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
33,643
Messages
1,119,688
Members
20,559
Latest member
bigbodybuilding
  • © 2000 - 2026 All content on this website is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without consent.
  • TMuscle forum does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding supplements.
    TMuscle has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.

    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.

    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM. IF MEMBERS FIND ANYTHING ILLEGAL PLEASE REPORT IMMEDIATELY FOR PROMPT REMOVAL

    Read Our Forum Terms and Rules

2016 Here We Come!!

Scandi90

Full Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
112
Reaction score
61
Hi guys. Thought leading up to the new year I would start a new journal, aiming to document my offseason, which ultimately leads to the competitive season mid way through next year.

Training six days a week and being far more aggressive with calories, aiming to get in around 5,000 a day. Split is:

Monday: legs
Tuesday: chest/shoulders/triceps
Wednesday: back/biceps
Thursday: rest
Friday: legs
Saturday: chest/shoulders/triceps
Sunday: back/biceps

This allows me to get everything in twice a week: training will be predominantly compound lifts with intensifiers such as rest-pause and drop sets.

Quick disclaimer: I realise my journals have been very inconsistent in the past, but aim to run this through the whole of next year. Hope everyone had a good Xmas!!
 
Pre contest photo UK1 classic class
image.jpg
 
image.jpg
 
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Me at UK1, hitting an ab/thigh pose. Honestly, I feel I came in undersized (a whole 13kg under weight limit), lacked dark tan this time (as washed off layer for fear of being too dark, therefore too pale) and underconditioned. Ok from front but lacked back condition, and hamstring/Glutes/calves therefore suffered.
image.jpg
 
Goals for offseason leading to 2016 season:

*be a lot more stringent/strict with diet. Track on myfitnesspal, don't deviate and get the calories in!!! Weight gain is a must!!

*take objective photos... No more most musculars with veins/biceps all over the show. Be critical of photos ie need more hamstring mass/sweep and don't overtrain good bodyparts too much ie arms!

*continue to hit legs twice a week, incorporating hamstring work as well, calves trained with priority principle. Use compound lifts, go deep on all reps and stay INTENSE in the gym.

Goal is to hit 95-100kg on bulk. This is rough figure but given I'm so lean need to be more aggressive eith calories.

Now the rules are set out its time to go to work.
 
@Con hey mate, u think a late April show is doable if I start a bulk now till March and diet for 3-4 weeks?!
 
Leg progress
image.jpg
image.jpg
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 299
@Con, quick, look above, I've found someone who has smaller calves than you :rofl:
 
Was ripping Con more than you mate :D

I actually think they are responding a bit with higher frequency training. With more mass overall i think they'll grow more, though a slow process. They're vascular just small, will never have bulls, though they're more respectable than before!!
 
I actually think they are responding a bit with higher frequency training. With more mass overall i think they'll grow more, though a slow process. They're vascular just small, will never have bulls, though they're more respectable than before!!

Common issue, just smash them with volume. I'll follow along the journal :)
 
Common issue, just smash them with volume. I'll follow along the journal :)

Cheers pal, will make to sure to keep this one concise and thorough. I actually posted journal on another forum and ran it for a good few months!! Maybe I'm becoming more decisive dare I say it ;)
 
Back
Top