Contest Prep - Ultimate Beginners

I had the ability to give Adam 100% effort... I gave him 100% and he gave me 100%... that's how it's done!
I actually had am and pm weight all week in last week to see how he was fluctuating
Pics every day in am last week till carb up then it's pics am and pm so I can see how they are effecting his body...
He must have been well pissed off with pics...
So must his misses have been!
Lol!
So the wank bank is full?

No in all fairness fairplay. And i culd only imagine how at peace this put big fellas mind . Having that eye over him constantly.
Having just been through final phases yourself you would of really related as so fresh etc.. Not saying u wuld treat a client differently at any other time of the yr
Bloody top job mate.
I wonder how much ice cream has been consumed this evening loool

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim
So the wank bank is full?

No in all fairness fairplay. And i culd only imagine how at peace this put big fellas mind . Having that eye over him constantly.
Having just been through final phases yourself you would of really related as so fresh etc.. Not saying u wuld treat a client differently at any other time of the yr
Bloody top job mate.
I wonder how much ice cream has been consumed this evening loool
Never mind the ice cream.. It's been chocolate cakes, biscuits, pizza, cereal, bangers and mash oh and rhubarb crumble with custard and ice cream which I've Been waiting for, for soooooo long haha!,

A little reflection on the last 4days and yesterday's showing...

Well carb up began on Thursday, nothing drastic just good clean carbs which consisted of 6 meals of rice, rice cakes and banana. Water was at 7litres which I didn't find too bad as I'm used to drinking a fair amount.. I'm not going to go into too much detail about what I ate and how much ect for obvious reasons it's a service and don't want to take away from @Jim livelihood by listing exact plans, anyway back to it...

Friday came and I was drying out pretty well. Pictures and weigh in first thing upon waking, afternoon and pre bed. Carbs were dropped slightly and an extra protein fat meal was added in for my last meal, water dropped down to 5litres. Dropped my kids off at the in-laws so the missus and I could drive an hour 1/2 over to Hayes to get my first coat of tan put on so made sure packed all my meals and stopped off wherever possible,
Once we were back pics were taken and then got to sit down and have my last meal before bed. Water was sipped through the night every time I went for a piss, struggled to sleep much from the excitement/nerves.

Saturday woke up looking very dry and weighed 86.6kg which is where we wanted to be, knocked down my first meal which was sooo hard to eat because my mouth was so dry but manned up and knocked it back. Headed over to Hayes at 6:30 am to be there for 8 to have my next coat of tan applied. Sat waiting to register and making sure I was sticking to the plan and eating what I was meant too. My mind was telling me not too eat or drink anything because I thought I would smooth over so was a little cautious.. Finally weighin came and weighed in officially at 85.4kg so had dropped about 2.6lbs. since waking which jim did NOT like at all and literally kicked my ass when I said I wasn't eating much ect so manned up and began eating and sipping on my water allowance. For most of the day I kept covered up in my hoody and had my headphones up. Here best part was walking out of weighin with my sleeveless t-shirt on and watching peoples faces drop and stare as I walked past :)

12:45 Headed back stage as the show starts at 1, was meNt to be the third class on but it had changed to 2nd, literally had about 10mins notice that we would be on stage.. Literally SHAT myself especially when I was told there would be 13 in my class!! I was thinking to myself great now I got no f**ckin chance at least if there was only three or four people I might make top three lol... Well started to pump up but was struggling to get a pump. Think this was more of a mental block because I'd literally got a turd in my trunks ha..

Got thrown on stage and just went with the flow, struggled like mad to hold the relaxed pose as they held us in it for what seemed for ever. Mouth was dry as hell and felt faint so had to keep dropping out from it and checking I could still see straight.. Went through the line up and headed off stage, top three were called straight away and to hear my number was the biggest shock of all I couldn't actually believe it, with notime to rest headed back out and went through the poses again. Once they were done it was time for the routine which I was first so was literally off stage about 10seconds, just managed to sip a little water from a bottle at the side of the stage and headed back out.

Well the results came.. Third place is..... And they didn't call my number, I was like holy f**k I've got a top 2?!? In second place... My name and number, I couldn't believe I had actually managed to make it into the top three out of a 13man line up especially some of the standard that was there, I felt so small stood back stage next to them all it was crazy.

From day one of my prep I always stated I wasn't bothered about placing obviously I wanted to do well but it was more to prove to myself I have the ability to get up on stage. This show would either make or break me, if I enjoyed it and Did well I would stick with it and try make a name for myself, if I didn't do well the id take a back seat and take it more as a hobby then base my life around it. Well it's safe to say I LOVED it and has made me want to continue, I know I've got so much more to give and with jim's guidance I can progress massively in these next coming months.. The game plan is to stay strict and keep lean, I don't want to jump back on stage too soon because I'd like to address my weaknesses and bring a whole new package otherwise it will be pointless getting back up looking the same as I just competed at.

It's s shame I can't share my pictures on here, I paid £140 this morning to flex online to be able to download my images which I did and apparently I'm not allowed to post them on here for copyright laws ect.. Hope you've all enjoyed my journey and will be making a journal once the work begins on Tuesday...

Great read all the way through mate, really well done to ya
Bet you can't wait for a productive off season now!

Back