Mikex' Strongman folly!

go for the biggy pal why not, nothing to lose and like you say might be a few scalps there :)

go for the biggy pal why not, nothing to lose and like you say might be a few scalps there :)

Maybe JB, maybe. going to have a word with my coach and take it from there. Maybe worth doing the novices if i can get some sort of sponsor by then.

Reactions: JB
Tough one to call, I'd prob go option b but like you say both have pros and cons and you obviously have people around you who know a lot more about it

Nice first session back after the weekend, really needed it.

Just did some squats, nothing major.
140x5
160x5
180x5
200x5 pretty comfortable
and a cheeky 240 single which felt heavy.

Plan is to just add 5kg a week onto these lifts and see where it leads. similar percentages for deadlift and overhead most likely.

cheers mate. didnt feel to bad considering i cant remember the last tie i squatted!

I guess your posterior chain gets hammered enough with the Strongman work so you retain your squat strength.

Seen the same scenario with other strongmen.

I guess your posterior chain gets hammered enough with the Strongman work so you retain your squat strength.

Seen the same scenario with other strongmen.

Yeah, more than likely. Would be nice to smash out a couple of PB's though! lol few few weeks and i might have a bash.

nice little session today, we have cut the group in half so managed to get alot more training and one on one time with the trainers.

Started on axle, however the bicep issues i had at the start of the year seemed to come back, i just couldnt rack the bar without major pain in the muscle bellys, really pissed me off.

Moved onto heavy farmers, 1235kg each hand with skinny little handles. 5 x 20m runs.
Pretty fast, comfortable enough.

Stones, fe light one, and a few heavy ones. loaded the 175kg which was a big PB. tried the 200kg but it was pretty much unused and slippy as fook. got it off the floor but couldnt lap it. Happy with the 175 though.

Moved onto the new metal husafel stone. started with it empty (~70kg) just filled the thing with sand untill it was almost impossible. ~130kg

Im sore, and getting grief off the wife again. lucky me.

Nice work mate, your seem to be gaining more all the time ,
And fcuk the wife lmfao wot does she know lol

Nice work mate, your seem to be gaining more all the time ,
And fcuk the wife lmfao wot does she know lol

cheers JB. i think the stones are mainly technique work. Ive got the strength behind me so just need to figure out hw to tranform it to certain events. overhead is still lacking.

cheers JB. i think the stones are mainly technique work. Ive got the strength behind me so just need to figure out hw to tranform it to certain events. overhead is still lacking.

maybe because your 7ft lol

dude really more grief... sigh... feel for you buddy as I have been there and still occasionally get it... not as much though thank fvck... good luck with sorting the stones out too...

Anpther nice little session tonight.

squat (buffalo bar)
145, 165, 185, 205 all x 5

Nice and easy

Incline swiss press
4 sets of 5, just kept adding plates upto around 110kg, wasnt counting

axle floor press
100x 3x10

some 1 arm DB press for ****s and giggles.

Back