Mikex' Strongman folly!

was going to say it sounds more like a tendon or ligament issue... get it well soon mate you tried cissus for joint strengthening and stuff??

Yup that sounds like a tendon issue! I get one that flairs up on left bicep from deadlifting mixed grip. I have a small lump there permanently in elbow crease. Gonna change to straps and neutral grip instead of mixed. Stones are shocking for biceps if you try to muscle them instead of pulling to body and squatting them up. i think catching them when they slip is single biggest cause of full tears though.

Yup that sounds like a tendon issue! I get one that flairs up on left bicep from deadlifting mixed grip. I have a small lump there permanently in elbow crease. Gonna change to straps and neutral grip instead of mixed. Stones are shocking for biceps if you try to muscle them instead of pulling to body and squatting them up. i think catching them when they slip is single biggest cause of full tears though.

Ive always deadlifted mixed grip and never had an issue untill now, it seems odd that its the bicep that i always go underhand on that has gone. maybe part of the issue?

The stone went up well, and i had moved my grip to over the stone before loading it so not sure i could have done anything else.

Its feeling better today, still hurts while my arm is fully extended or palms facing down (like it is while im typing) but atleast i can use it today without as much pain, it was pretty pointless yesterday.

Tried a litte squat ession last night but just couldnt get my head in the game after Saturday, doesnt help my mind is all over the place with trying to find a new job and the meds im on to stop smoking really messing with my sleep. managed to get 2 reps out at 190 but form was all over the place, wasnt comfortable with my hands on the bar and just didnt fell like it. maybe a break is in order?

hope things pick up Mike, and the arm isnt to serious as it is on another note cant imagine you typing lol there you go new job for you lmao

cheers @jj1981

as for you @JB im actually pretty quick on the old typing lark. not sure i can turn it into a £30k+ a year job though? :lol:

arm is better today than it was yesterday, so assuming it was just a sprain now, no bruising or anything but im keeping it pretty immobile. Ill get back on it soon enough when i stop feeling sorry for myself!

Reactions: JB
Ive always deadlifted mixed grip and never had an issue untill now, it seems odd that its the bicep that i always go underhand on that has gone. maybe part of the issue?

The stone went up well, and i had moved my grip to over the stone before loading it so not sure i could have done anything else.

Its feeling better today, still hurts while my arm is fully extended or palms facing down (like it is while im typing) but atleast i can use it today without as much pain, it was pretty pointless yesterday.

Yup the mixed grip underhand will be the one under much more strain when dead lifting so will have probably been weakened at some point.

Good luck with the job hunt mate, it will all come together :)

Well, managed to drag myself to the gym today and ended up having a pretty decent session. As i havnt been for so long i decided to almost fullbody it and just hammer everything.

I ended up doing around 20 sets for chest, 15 overhead. 20+ for back mix of dumbell, bodyweight and barbell stuff plus shed laods of chins/pullups, only hit the upper body as i was going to tag onto a couple of lads doing some deadlifts following this. I was ruined after my little upper body and nt looking forward to the deads, but once i got in to them i felt pretty good.

Bicep really did not like being mixed grip, even with a relativly light weight, which is odd as i must have done 100+ pullups with various grips and no issues. ended up using straps and it was fine, so no harm done.

Worked up to a 280kg double beltless, which has to be a beltless pb so happy enough.

As for the job prospects, they are looking up a touch i guess. one interview down, atleast 3 more within the next week and another the week after. just got to get one of them now i guess! :D

Anybody need any CAD work done??

Reactions: JB
good to hear mate, things have a habit of falling into place :)

Cheers mate, i did look into going it alone but to be honest i dont think i could make it work at the moment. maybe plant some seeds within the next few years depending on what role i end up doing. Thanks for the idea though

good luck with the interviews matey... not that you need it, couldnt you just pick the interview (or even ers :D ) up and just say give me JOB... I am sure that would go down well :D

good luck with the interviews matey... not that you need it, couldnt you just pick the interview (or even ers :D ) up and just say give me JOB... I am sure that would go down well :D

Might have to resort to that if something doesn't come along quickly!

Well, as i havnt been around here much recently, i thought id stop by and say hello.
Long story short, things are getting back to normal following the loss of my Job. Managed to get a new one, closer to home this time and mainly office based, had my first day today and just want to get stuck in now. Im working for a company called MRC Transmark who are suppliers of valve and actuator packages to the Upstream oil and gas market as a contract engineer. pushing papers and talking to clients mainly, but so happy its not sales.

Training and general life has gone down the shitta a bit, although on the up side ive packed in the smokes again, for the last time hopefully! diet has been god awfull mind. But ill slowly start bringing things back into line over the next few weeks.

Had to buy myself a car, which is a bit of a change as ive had company cars since i was 18! not looking forward to paying the fuel bill, but managed to pick up a decent low milage Focus TDCI with enough pull for me.

Hopefully be back in the swing of things soon, need to get my arse into gear for the august comps! still not sure which one to do though, the novice finals or north easts strongest man. thining more along the lines of the north east though, Quick! pass me the tren!

Back