Mikex' Strongman folly!

nice little session today, we have cut the group in half so managed to get alot more training and one on one time with the trainers.

Started on axle, however the bicep issues i had at the start of the year seemed to come back, i just couldnt rack the bar without major pain in the muscle bellys, really pissed me off.

Moved onto heavy farmers, 1235kg each hand with skinny little handles. 5 x 20m runs.
Pretty fast, comfortable enough.

Stones, fe light one, and a few heavy ones. loaded the 175kg which was a big PB. tried the 200kg but it was pretty much unused and slippy as fook. got it off the floor but couldnt lap it. Happy with the 175 though.

Moved onto the new metal husafel stone. started with it empty (~70kg) just filled the thing with sand untill it was almost impossible. ~130kg

Im sore, and getting grief off the wife again. lucky me.

wow your strong 1235kg lol

did you use tacky for stones ?

What tacky you use ?

Spider tacky mate, competition grade stuff. you dont need much so it lasts a while.

I di have issues with it when it was a bit cooler though, just wouldnt go on, if we had something to warm it up with it would have been fine though im sure.

Spider tacky mate, competition grade stuff. you dont need much so it lasts a while.

I di have issues with it when it was a bit cooler though, just wouldnt go on, if we had something to warm it up with it would have been fine though im sure.

I was gona try make my own when I next lift some stones , heard you can set yourself on fire easy though lol

set yourself on fire? ive never heard that one!

Pine resin (rock rosin) and turpentine. Place on heat source.
Just add the turpentine a little at a time until you get a good consistency.
The fumes are flammable so you may want to use an electric heat source. Do not blow yourself up on open flame.
Let it cool and if it's too thick you could re-heat and add more turpentine

Pine resin (rock rosin) and turpentine. Place on heat source.
Just add the turpentine a little at a time until you get a good consistency.
The fumes are flammable so you may want to use an electric heat source. Do not blow yourself up on open flame.
Let it cool and if it's too thick you could re-heat and add more turpentine

Sounds like a dangerous way to save a few quid. Theres always the option of using some of this stuff

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/strongman-tacky/pro-wax-honee-tacky-425g.html

Well, after a pretty crappy week in the gym i was actually looking forward to this morning.

Started with some axle clean and press, and although the pain in my biceps was still there, it was nowhere near as bad as last week.
110 was ok, clean were fast and presses comfortable.
tried 122.5 but just didnt have the grip on the axle to clean it fast enough.
dropped to 115 and that was ok, back to 120 and got it on the 2nd attempt. PB

Did some farmers, 130 each hand for 3 x20m. comfortable. another PB.

onto stones, 135 no tacky x2 easy.
160 x2 easy
175x1 went up easy but when i let it go i got a massive pain in my left bicep, right from the belly down to my forearm. hurts like a bastard, no happy.

Well, after a pretty crappy week in the gym i was actually looking forward to this morning.

Started with some axle clean and press, and although the pain in my biceps was still there, it was nowhere near as bad as last week.

160 x2 easy
175x1 went up easy but when i let it go i got a massive pain in my left bicep, right from the belly down to my forearm. hurts like a bastard, no happy.

take care with your bicep as stones are notorious for causing tears!

160 x2 easy

****, dont sound good mate, hopefully nothing serious like a tear!

take care with your bicep as stones are notorious for causing tears!

****, dont sound good mate, hopefully nothing serious like a tear!

yeah, stones are pretty notorious but thats just one of those things isnt it? Hopefully not a tear, bicep isnt retracted or anything its just painful when i try to pronate or surpinate my hand, right in the crease of my elbow, so it looks like a tendon issue for sure. fingers crossed its just a strain although ive no idea how to tell?? :confused:

beer tonight i think, beer fixes everything! :lol:

Back